PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own an XBOX 360?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/7/2007, 04:32 PM
Thinking about making the jump (I've owned a PS2 the past five years) and was seeing if anyone had it and if they liked/disliked the system. I'm probably going to just get a core system, since primarily the only game I'll be playing on it is NCAA Football. I'm keeping the PS2 to play The Show and NFL 2K5.

OUstudent4life
7/7/2007, 04:59 PM
I've got it. Muy bueno. I haven't had near the problems that have been reported, and with the extra warranty, it'll be fine.

And it gives you the chance to eventually play Halo 3 ;).

Don't get the core system...if I remember correctly, it doesn't have the hard drive, and you're going to want it eventually.

PS - you REALLY want to have a HDTV to use it with...it looks good without, but looks WAY better with.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/7/2007, 05:10 PM
I've got it. Muy bueno. I haven't had near the problems that have been reported, and with the extra warranty, it'll be fine.

And it gives you the chance to eventually play Halo 3 ;).

Don't get the core system...if I remember correctly, it doesn't have the hard drive, and you're going to want it eventually.

PS - you REALLY want to have a HDTV to use it with...it looks good without, but looks WAY better with.

Yeah, I was worried about reading all the news about people's 360s breaking down but, yeah, the three-year warranty does help.

Like I said before, I generally play sports games and NCAA Football will be the main one. Can the 360 save the season and franchise stuff automatically or do I need to purchase an additional memory card a la PS2?

GottaHavePride
7/7/2007, 05:12 PM
If you get one of the 360s with a built-in hard drive, no worries. Go for the Elite. Gives you 120 GB and HDMI output.

tulsaoilerfan
7/7/2007, 05:12 PM
Your best option IMO is to purchase the $399 system instead of the $299 one; you get a hard drive for it, and you also get 1 wireless controller; my son has had his about a month and loves it.

BajaOklahoma
7/7/2007, 05:29 PM
My younger son has one of the 360s that is no longer working.
Getting hold of someone to get it covered under warranty is the pits.

He liked it when it worked, now, not so much.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/7/2007, 05:31 PM
Well, instead of being eight dollars closer to buying one, I'll have to raise an extra $100, then. I'm in the process of selling off a few items to raise money to buy a 360.

Sooner_Bob
7/7/2007, 06:33 PM
I've got some stuff I'm thinking about trying to sell on eBay to help contribute to the Sooner_Bob 360 fund . . . I may also see about buying an original XBox to hack around with it.

I'd love to get a 360 to check out Gears of War.

Jerk
7/7/2007, 06:34 PM
no.

I had a wii and I twisted my ankle playing bowling.

SoonerBBall
7/7/2007, 06:35 PM
Dead Rising is the greatest game ever made. Screw NCAA games. You must get it.

SoonerAtKU
7/7/2007, 06:48 PM
If you get the Core, you're losing out on easily 40% or so of what makes the 360 so much fun, Xbox Live.

DuSStyBottoms22
7/7/2007, 06:59 PM
Count me in for someone who has had major problems with my system. I've had it since june of last year and I have had to send it in 5 times.

Here's a piece of advice for when you do have to send it in to get it repaired, DO NOT send the hard drive with it.

The first time I sent it in I was told the hard drive might be a problem, so I sent both. I finally got the console back w/o the HDD. All of my games were worthless since I couldn't save any games(dynasty's franchises etc) so basically i couldn't do anything. 3 months and 40 phone calls later I get a new HDD and the console crashed a week later.

Save yourself the headache and get a PS3

SoonerAtKU
7/7/2007, 07:12 PM
With the 3 year extended warranty, you should have no trouble getting replacements or repairs any longer. I will also say that I had my system die on me, but following a few online steps, I repaired it at home and have had 2 months steady play since the crash.

I keep the faulty x-clamps that I removed hanging from my desk like Predator trophies.

Okla-homey
7/7/2007, 09:17 PM
I toyed around with a Mattel "intellivision" in the 1980's for a few months when I was just out of college. Then I got a life.;)

Jerk
7/7/2007, 09:29 PM
I toyed around with a Mattel "intellivision" in the 1980's for a few months when I was just out of college. Then I got a life.;)

There was a game called "12:00 high" that kept me awake many a night in 1985.

You flew a B-17 to Germany, dropped your bombs, and fought off ME-109's and Fw-190's.

I don't know how the "graphics" passed for anything short of dots and squares, but back then it was just magical.

Vaevictis
7/7/2007, 09:42 PM
Heh :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6db6yQEw0

Jerk
7/7/2007, 09:45 PM
Heh :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6db6yQEw0

That brought back a lot of memories!

BajaOklahoma
7/7/2007, 10:15 PM
I remember most of the games even if I can't remember the name of the game.

We had both Atari and Intellivision. I wish we had kept them.

GottaHavePride
7/7/2007, 10:22 PM
Every once in a while I'll still break out my NES and Super Nintendo. They made some fun freakin' games back then.

I have no idea where my Commodore 64 is.

proud gonzo
7/9/2007, 01:44 PM
um... it's probably in a box somewhere in the basement right now... I know we moved it, but i don't remember where it is. And the monitor, last i knew, was in southern oklahoma at Grandpa's house. We really ought to retrieve that sometime.

and I think we need to play us some MarioKart when I get back :D

dolemitesooner
7/9/2007, 01:58 PM
Thinking about making the jump (I've owned a PS2 the past five years) and was seeing if anyone had it and if they liked/disliked the system. I'm probably going to just get a core system, since primarily the only game I'll be playing on it is NCAA Football. I'm keeping the PS2 to play The Show and NFL 2K5.
The ps3 dropped 100 dollars toady go with it

GottaHavePride
7/9/2007, 07:14 PM
The PS3 only dropped price because the iPhone made it obsolete. ;)

SoonerBBall
7/17/2007, 05:40 PM
The ps3 dropped 100 dollars toady go with it

And we should care because......

Seriously, when the PS3 has any games worth playing maybe it will get purchased by anyone besides technophiles.

Sooner_Bob
7/17/2007, 09:29 PM
Maybe when I find an extra $1200 laying around I'll get one of each and a couple of games. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
7/18/2007, 02:22 AM
And we should care because......

Seriously, when the PS3 has any games worth playing maybe it will get purchased by anyone besides technophiles.

Thanks for bumping the thread.

And, for the record, I bought a 360.

SoonerStud615
7/18/2007, 10:01 AM
I have one. I love it. However...

It broke on my after like 3 months of having it. Luckily the original warranty covered it. Then sadly just the other day it bit the dust again. Screwed my NCAA 08 timing. :( So I need to call xbox and gets me a new one, so I can finally play 08.