PDA

View Full Version : Allen Patrick

King Crimson
7/7/2007, 12:52 PM
i was watching some youtube highlight stuff last night--Missouri and ATM, etc. and gawdamn Patrick runs North and South. no foolin' around.

you can do a lot worse on 3rd and 3 than Patrick between the tackles.

Newbomb Turk
7/7/2007, 01:53 PM
we sure were fortunate to have him last year when AD went down.

run vs. aTm - called back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evkb2x9YDTA

King Crimson
7/7/2007, 02:09 PM
if i had posted about DeMarco Murray, there would be 15 responses. everyone loves the new puppy.

Newbomb Turk
7/7/2007, 02:12 PM
if i had posted about DeMarco Murray, there would be 15 responses. everyone loves the new puppy.

I started to add a comment about that in my post. I was gonna say that I know everyone is gaga about Demarco, but I hope people don't forget about Patrick. We could have one heck of a 1-2 punch.

Newbomb Turk
7/7/2007, 02:13 PM
totally unrelated, but I am trying oysters on the grill today.

Vaevictis
7/7/2007, 02:15 PM
run vs. aTm - called back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evkb2x9YDTA

That made me very angry. Not because of the called back touchdown, or the fact that it was a BS call..

But AP would have gotten huge highlight reel exposure if it hadn't been called back. That was an absolutely sick run.

yermom
7/7/2007, 02:22 PM
I started to add a comment about that in my post. I was gonna say that I know everyone is gaga about Demarco, but I hope people don't forget about Patrick. We could have one heck of a 1-2 punch.

more like 1-2-3 at worst

i think we have at least 3 guys that would be starting at a lot of schools

King Crimson
7/7/2007, 02:28 PM
totally unrelated, but I am trying oysters on the grill today.

you have to be careful with the shells, you can cut yer hand up pretty good on those bad boys (so i've heard, :O ). hold the shell in a towel.

i like to coat them in bread crumbs and give em a saute.

oupride
7/7/2007, 02:56 PM
I am a HUGE fan of Allen Patrick. I did not realize until later how fortunate we are to have him. There is a player profile on him in "Lindy's Big 12 Preview" where Coach Gundy says Patrick was the only player ever to test better than Peterson. After the 2005 Holiday Bowl, Patick had a 40-inch vertical jump to Peterson's 39 inches AND Patrick had a standing jump of 10 feet 10 inches, one inch better than Peterson.

Salt City Sooner
7/7/2007, 03:25 PM
i was watching some youtube highlight stuff last night--Missouri and ATM, etc. and gawdamn Patrick runs North and South. no foolin' around.

you can do a lot worse on 3rd and 3 than Patrick between the tackles.
You should've seen him as a safety. Unless someone else comes along, I'll go to my grave saying that he was the closest thing I've seen to Roy Williams since RW was in Norman. I have SO often wondered what he'd have been like had he not arrived late & fallen behind the learning curve right off the bat.

King Crimson
7/7/2007, 03:39 PM
he put a hit on an ISU kick returner that was unreal.

Newbomb Turk
7/7/2007, 03:42 PM
more like 1-2-3 at worst

i think we have at least 3 guys that would be starting at a lot of schools

I agree - I just wonder how many carries there are for all of those guys.

Newbomb Turk
7/7/2007, 03:43 PM
you have to be careful with the shells, you can cut yer hand up pretty good on those bad boys (so i've heard, :O ). hold the shell in a towel.

i like to coat them in bread crumbs and give em a saute.

actually, I have made them once before. I have a pair of gloves I keep by the grill just for stuff like that. Put the shells on the grill, a little butter, hot sauce and cheese.

zeke
7/7/2007, 04:24 PM
Allen Patrick is a stud. I believe we will see him running the ball on Sunday afternoons & Monday nights.

OU should have one of the best backfields in college football this year and for a few more years to follow.

oupride
7/7/2007, 04:40 PM
Does Allen Patrick have a nickname yet? AP? Saint Patrick? do you know?

oumartin
7/7/2007, 04:51 PM
hey, I thought Patrick had more football speed then Peterson. I love the guy.

oupride
7/7/2007, 09:07 PM
Well, I didn't get an answer to the nickname question but Patrick seems to have a great attitude and I like that!

Reno
7/7/2007, 10:35 PM
Not bad for a safety...

KC//CRIMSON
7/7/2007, 10:57 PM
His first three steps are incredible.......

goingoneight
7/8/2007, 01:16 AM
When you look at him vs. AD, he hits the creases up front quicker, which allows for a better YPC. AD OTOH, has a more dynamic style once he reaches that 3rd level. I wish we utilized them more like Jones/D-Mac early-on. Who knows, maybe AD wouldn't have gotten beaten up so much in 05 and 06...

Sooner74
7/8/2007, 01:27 AM
I like the fact he is a pure runner. He has a punch and will get the tough yards which is what I like. I think he will be great in this offense and will have a great year. That being said I see more of a one-two punch with the rest sitting and watching barring injury. AP will be a stud for our team.

Pepper
7/9/2007, 12:57 AM
Hey what about Chris Brown? He's got some nice spin moves and did great last year.

KantoSooner
7/9/2007, 01:12 AM
I know I'll get slammed for this, but what the hey? OU has the best running back corps I've seen for a long long time. And that includes USC. MHO, and all that, but, behind our O-Line things could get ugly for any and everyone of the teams that face us. Our third string would start at almost other top ten school.

okienole3
7/9/2007, 06:56 AM
The best thing about AP is that he gives a great interview after the game.

rhombic21
7/9/2007, 07:07 AM
Man, the thought of him as a safety is pretty incredible. Especially given our team's current strengths and weaknesses. Of course, we sure needed him at HB last year during the Big 12 run, so you can't really argue with the way things worked out.

The thing that I like about AP is that he uses his blocks very well. Better than Peterson did, IMO. He hits the hole fast and gets what's there.

The only thing that I think he could improve on is his balance once he gets to the second level. There were a couple times last year that I remember him getting tripped up when he was just about to break it to the house.

As much as I like AP and Murray, I'm a huge fan of the way Chris Brown runs the ball. He makes so many crafty moves in traffic where he somehow just manages to weave his way through the LOS and pop out the other side untouched.

Here's to hoping that our coaches break the trend of barely using the backup runningback, and find a way to get all of these guys on the field a decent amount. Hopefully Murray will be in the game a lot as a slot WR/return man, and they come up with some formations that use 2 HBs at the same time.

CatfishSooner
7/9/2007, 01:09 PM
...I think people will be pleasantly surprised w/ Brown this year...

Fastlane
7/9/2007, 01:15 PM
Well, I didn't get an answer to the nickname question but Patrick seems to have a great attitude and I like that!

His nickname from high school is AOC - All-Out Crusher.

http://colleges.beloblog.com/archives/2006/10/all_out_crusher.html

It's awesome.