PDA

View Full Version : Paula Deen, I want you to be my new Mommy.

JohnnyMack
7/7/2007, 09:04 AM
Screw you Rachel and Giada and the rest of you yainchs.

Rogue
7/7/2007, 09:06 AM
Um...whatever. Giada is the stuff.

Sooner24
7/7/2007, 09:19 AM
Screw you Rachel and Giada and the rest of you yainchs.

Sorry I already have dibs on Paula for the new mommy thing.

We went to Savannah two years ago and ate at her restaurant. Three hour wait but worth it. They gave us one of those beepers like the do at Outback so we took a horse draw carriage ride through downtown Savannah and did some shopping to kill a couple of hours so it wasn't that bad a await.

Sooner24
7/7/2007, 09:50 AM
Mom's on TV fixing my lunch right now. :D

jk the sooner fan
7/7/2007, 10:25 AM
she's pretty funny

she was cooking some UBER sugary dessert for oprah once, .......oprah says "this really is very bad for you"

Paula responds "im not your doctor, i'm your chef"

:)

achiro
7/7/2007, 11:02 AM
Sorry I already have dibs on Paula for the new mommy thing.

We went to Savannah two years ago and ate at her restaurant. Three hour wait but worth it. They gave us one of those beepers like the do at Outback so we took a horse draw carriage ride through downtown Savannah and did some shopping to kill a couple of hours so it wasn't that bad a await.
My parents ate there on Wed. I guess being the 4th it wasn't that busy, they got right in with no wait at all. Dad said it was good but wouldn't have been worth a 3 hour wait.

Harry Beanbag
7/7/2007, 11:08 AM
That lady cracks me up.

Sooner24
7/7/2007, 12:00 PM
My parents ate there on Wed. I guess being the 4th it wasn't that busy, they got right in with no wait at all. Dad said it was good but wouldn't have been worth a 3 hour wait.

Like I said we didn't stand in a line for three hours. In fact by the time we got through with the ride and shopping we were only in line around 15-20 minutes. No place is good enough to wait in line three hours.

Newbomb Turk
7/7/2007, 12:27 PM
That lady cracks me up.

me too - she's pretty entertaining to watch.

SnappyDaze
7/7/2007, 12:32 PM
She cracks me up. I was watching a show with her the other day and she was in London and she was in a cab and the driver was telling her where he was going to take her on her sightseeing tour, and she said it all sounded great but she hoped by the end of the tour that she hoped he got rid of his accent because she couldn't understand a word he was saying. It cracked me up considering her accent is thick as molasses...

Harry Beanbag
7/7/2007, 12:34 PM
I love the way she giggles like a little girl when she throws the 4 sticks of butter into whatever she happens to be making at the time.

JohnnyMack
7/7/2007, 12:47 PM
I love the way she giggles like a little girl when she throws the 4 sticks of butter into whatever she happens to be making at the time.

It's better than pr0n.

Jimminy Crimson
7/7/2007, 01:40 PM
Love her.

She can be my sugah mama anytime!

SicEmBaylor
7/7/2007, 02:31 PM
I'd like her more if it weren't SOMETHING about her that gives me that creepy "New South" feeling about her.

Sooner24
7/7/2007, 02:55 PM
She is "Old South" all the way.

Read her bio. She started with nothing and I mean nothing to get where she is today.

Jerk
7/7/2007, 03:06 PM
She is "Old South" all the way.

Read her bio. She started with nothing and I mean nothing to get where she is today.

Yep. She couldn't afford to buy the cheese off a Whopper from Burger King. She started out making & selling lunch bags.

GottaHavePride
7/7/2007, 04:16 PM
I'd like her more if it weren't SOMETHING about her that gives me that creepy "New South" feeling about her.

Dude, you ARE that creepy "New South" feeling.

Soonrboy
7/7/2007, 08:55 PM
we made these today...pretty tasty and easy...

Pineapple Upside Down Biscuits Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Party
Episode: Paula-fy It

1 (10-ounce) can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick butter), at room temperature
10 maraschino cherries
1 (12-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease 10 cups of a muffin tin. Strain the can of crushed pineapple, save juice for later.

Combine the pineapple, sugar, and butter, and mix well. Divide the pineapple mixture among the muffin cups. Place a cherry in the center of each muffin cup, making sure cherry hits bottom of cup. Place 1 biscuit in each cup on top of sugar and pineapple mixture. Spoon 1 teaspoon reserved pineapple juice over each biscuit. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool for 2 minutes. Invert the pan onto a plate to release the biscuits. Serve warm.

LoyalFan
7/8/2007, 04:10 AM
Screw Rachel and Giada.

I can do that kind of work but it's gotta be a threesome.

LF

StoopTroup
7/8/2007, 04:22 AM
Paula has a great personality...

She no Galloping Gourmet...

Petro-Sooner
7/9/2007, 10:03 AM
I've really tried warming up to Paula but that southern draw just gets to me. Just cant watch.

proud gonzo
7/9/2007, 10:41 AM
Angel Pie. *drools*

TUSooner
7/9/2007, 12:39 PM
I've really tried warming up to Paula but that southern draw just gets to me. Just cant watch.
Word. I too have tried, because she seems like a nice admirable person. But that loud, harsh, braying, cartoon southern accent (that also says "I could just be a little drunk") really puts me off after just a few minutes. Mind you, I'd let her cook for me any time if she promised to keep it kinda quiet.