PDA

View Full Version : Burning Brides

def_lazer_fc
7/7/2007, 05:01 AM
was awesome at the opolis in norman. as much as i hate that place, every now and again they'll book a good show, and this was one of them. but i beg of them....STOP booking your ****ty norman band friends to open for good stuff. it sucks. and nobody likes it. and you should try promoting your shows. then maybe you wouldn't only have 30 people there.

Rhino
7/7/2007, 06:39 PM
Burning Brides is great. I don't go to many live shows anymore though. I'm becoming old and crabby.

The opener for that show was Rainbows Are Free, which is a supergroup of a handful of Norman bands. That was only their seventh or eighth show, so give them a break.

SoonerAtKU
7/7/2007, 06:51 PM
I'll listen to Kistler any night of the week. Dude puts on a hell of a show. Plus, Richie Tarver was in my old band after I left town. Hell of a guy.

def_lazer_fc
7/9/2007, 04:10 AM
i'll give props to the singer. the dude was spastic and crazy. everyone else? thumbs down. to the bassist: dont rock the faux hawk, board shorts, AND sleeveless t at the same time. its lame.

Rhino
7/9/2007, 04:21 PM
Chad is far from lame.

colleyvillesooner
7/9/2007, 04:39 PM
The opener for that show was Rainbows Are Free, which is a supergroup of a handful of Norman bands. That was only their seventh or eighth show, so give them a break.

When we played around, you would see some crappy opening/earlier bands. (which was us some of the time :D) I would say to someone that they weren't very good, and they would say something like that.

I always wondered after what number of shows is it official that they suck, and not just under practiced. :D

LilSooner
7/9/2007, 06:08 PM
As Rhino can attest. I HATE opening acts. Period.

Well let me take that back. When El Paso Hot Button opened up for MC Chris that was pretty awesome, but other than that they ALL SUCK!

def_lazer_fc
7/10/2007, 03:41 AM
so his name is chad? tell chad to quit being lame. if i wanted to see some tool in board shorts and a faux hawk, i'd just go to the mall.