PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Joe Lieberman

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 03:20 PM
http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010302

TUSooner
7/6/2007, 03:44 PM
Smart dude.

But I'm afraid he will be 2007's equivalent of Winston Churchill in 1938: Nobody will believe he's right until it's too late to avoid something even worse. The US needs to take off the gloves and start hitting Iran where it hurts.

GrapevineSooner
7/6/2007, 03:52 PM
Oh c'mon.

This is just another JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO conspiracy.

Which is to say, I think Lieberman's right on the money.

85Sooner
7/6/2007, 03:56 PM
To the tune of Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran

WHAT? theres no terrorism. There are no terrorists other than Bush. Terrorists are just responding to our foreign policy. It has nothing to do with religion. These people are not crazy.

I just wondered what it would feel like to type such a crock of sh!t that some in this country actually believe.

BTW HEY DEMS members of congress, are you actually goin to do anything or just investigate the past?

Lock and load baby lock and load!

Vaevictis
7/6/2007, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately, it all boils down to the following: It doesn't matter.

Short of overt aggression on Iran's part, public opinion is unlikely to change.

King Crimson
7/6/2007, 04:06 PM
Terrorists are just responding to our foreign policy. It has nothing to do with religion. These people are not crazy.

yes, i know you are being sarcastic and a bit of a moralizing drama queen, but it is about religion to you as well. since you ask it in the negative. those people are crazy, thereby.

to make this point you'd need to square Lieberman's comments about "our friends" in Palestine, Afghanistan, and Iraq....with it being about "religion".

as stands, logically, you can't make that point unless it's about Lieberman being a bit of a charlatan. as usual.

it's far more about economics than religion in truth.

TUSooner
7/6/2007, 04:20 PM
I would liike to see Iran "pacified" by a popular revolution that tells the mullahs, the revolutionary guard gestapo, and Ahmemujahedinejihad that the people are fed up with religious fanatics ruining their lives and out of an obsessive hatred for Jews and the West. But I'm afraid we're just going to wind up in a war that makes all Iranians unite - however reluctantly - behind "their boys" But if Iran is the root of the problem, strike at the root!

Tear Down This Wall
7/6/2007, 04:27 PM
The bottom of the page siad this:

Mr. Lieberman is an Independent Democratic senator from Connecticut.

Uh...mmm...or maybe he's an Independent who used to be a Democrat.

Anyway, on to the point of the article and such...

Everytime I hear Lieberman, I think, "Why did that guy run with Al Gore?" Never was a more genuine guy paired with a bigger phony.

It is quite possible that Joe Lieberman is the only politician in America right now with a brain in his head. I'd love to see him on an Independent ticket. As of now, I'm sitting out the '08 election unless one of the parties can come up with a real candidate.

Tear Down This Wall
7/6/2007, 04:28 PM
Wait a minute...what I mean is...if Lieberman will run as an Independent, I'll vote for him. The current Democrats and Republicans can suck it.

King Crimson
7/6/2007, 04:29 PM
unlike some others, i don't pretend to know what the Iranian national or class politics are. i have heard several interviews on the BBC with middle class, educated Iranians and emigres and students overseas who think the radical clerical "supreme leader" (to quote Joe L.) thing is vastly overrated.

i'm not saying it's true that Iran isn't a dangerous threat, but i think Lieberman is not exactly the voice i would be choosing at this point. even though i know many like to hear what they agree with. and thusly polarize any questioning of it...as outright confrontation.

soonerscuba
7/6/2007, 04:32 PM
unlike some others, i don't pretend to know what the Iranian national or class politics are. i have heard several interviews on the BBC with middle class, educated Iranians and emigres and students overseas who think the radical clerical "supreme leader" (to quote Joe L.) thing is vastly overrated.

i'm not saying it's true that Iran isn't a dangerous threat, but i think Lieberman is not exactly the voice i would be choosing at this point. even though i know many like to hear what they agree with. and thusly polarize any questioning of it...as outright confrontation.

You shut your dirty, libz, dimz, MSMz fed mouth.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 04:33 PM
so wait, you do or dont agree that they are a threat

and if you do agree, you just dont want to hear it from lieberman?

King Crimson
7/6/2007, 04:41 PM
so wait, you do or dont agree that they are a threat

and if you do agree, you just dont want to hear it from lieberman?

i just don't think lieberman is all that trustworty, much like McCain. i'm also not a democrat so i don't see any need to 1. tow the party line or 2. hate on the non-party line.

look at what i posted. we have friends in Palestine (which i've been told "doesn't exist" on this self-same board by people who will agree with Joe L., on this), Afghanistan (uhh, not a lot of friends there), Iraq (not a lot of friends either). to me that's just pretty words to those who want to believe that.

liberman seems like an opportunist to me. take Tear this Wall's point about Lieberman as "geniune", reverse it and he's a flip-flopper.

85Sooner
7/6/2007, 04:46 PM
yes, i know you are being sarcastic and a bit of a moralizing drama queen, but it is about religion to you as well. since you ask it in the negative. those people are crazy, thereby.

to make this point you'd need to square Lieberman's comments about "our friends" in Palestine, Afghanistan, and Iraq....with it being about "religion".

as stands, logically, you can't make that point unless it's about Lieberman being a bit of a charlatan. as usual.

it's far more about economics than religion in truth.

Uh uh. Hows the coolaide?:)

King Crimson
7/6/2007, 04:48 PM
Uh uh. Hows the coolaide?:)

you'd have to tell me.

OklahomaTuba
7/6/2007, 04:58 PM
i'm not saying it's true that Iran isn't a dangerous threat, but i think Lieberman is not exactly the voice i would be choosing at this point. even though i know many like to hear what they agree with.

I wonder what else Iran has to do to "convince" you?

Is supporting terrorists groups in Hezbollah, Hamas, and groups killing our soldiers in Iraq no enough for you to believe????

Or maybe the anti-US pact they just inked with your bud Chavez?

Or maybe the words of their President about developing nukes to "wipe Israel and the US off the map"?

It doesn't take listening to Joe Liebermann to figure out what Iran is all about. Just ask our Men and Women getting slaughtered by the road side bombs around Bagdad about what kind of threat Iran is.

yermom
7/6/2007, 05:11 PM
seems we've bombed people for less

King Crimson
7/6/2007, 05:24 PM
Or maybe the words of their President about developing nukes to "wipe Israel and the US off the map"?

It doesn't take listening to Joe Liebermann to figure out what Iran is all about. Just ask our Men and Women getting slaughtered by the road side bombs around Bagdad about what kind of threat Iran is.

you don't understand double negatives do you? and your sentence that begins...."it doesn't take...." could be what i'm saying.

but, no since i have historically disagreed with you, you can't think of anything but that i'm Hugo Chavez's buddy.

kinda like when i raise the inevitable point that your Einstein quote is so horribly out of context and quite an abomination to E's thought compared to your "funny" but not "so funny" avatar given that context. except i would be correct.

Jerk
7/6/2007, 06:40 PM
Like I said, folks:

2 front war.

85Sooner
7/6/2007, 07:23 PM
you'd have to tell me.

Well, from what i read, and correct me if I am wrong, is that the reasons for the terrorists actions are more tied to economic reasons rather than religious fundamentalism.

If that is what I read, the terrorist themselves have said its not about economics. Bin Laden and his bunch have riches very few people in the world could ever see. a bunch of M.D's have decided to take on the cause. Seems very little economic reason for them to do so. That said, I will base my opinion on what I see have known to be true (from the mouths) rather than listen to any politician, news , and political pundits. Pretty much all of the things i reference above have been widely dispersed info for years (all but the M.D.'s which is why I feel I am changing my thoughts in regard to this so called peaceful religion). I have yet to see anything peaceful about it but believed alot in the economic theory. Now that the events of the last week have happened. the economic theory has pretty much been disproved.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 07:35 PM
i need to put king crimson on ignore in these types of threads.......

OklahomaTuba
7/6/2007, 11:12 PM
you don't understand double negatives do you? and your sentence that begins...."it doesn't take...." could be what i'm saying.

but, no since i have historically disagreed with you, you can't think of anything but that i'm Hugo Chavez's buddy.

kinda like when i raise the inevitable point that your Einstein quote is so horribly out of context and quite an abomination to E's thought compared to your "funny" but not "so funny" avatar given that context. except i would be correct.

Nice rant, however you really didn't answer my question, as usual.

As for Hugo, you defended the guy when he started jacking our assets.

And please, do tell how "horribly out of context" this quote is by Einstein???

:pop:

OklahomaTuba
7/6/2007, 11:19 PM
More good news from the peaceful progressive nirvana that is Iran...

Al-Qaeda linked to operations from Iran

By Stephen Fidler in London
Published: July 6 2007 22:04 | Last updated: July 6 2007 22:04

Evidence that Iranian territory is being used as a base by al-Qaeda to help in terrorist operations in Iraq and elsewhere is growing, say western officials.
It is not clear how much the al-Qaeda operation, described by one official as a money and communications hub, is being tolerated or encouraged by the Iranian government, they said.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/9cc4d5f4-2be3-11dc-b498-000b5df10621.html

Sounds like a job for the peace corp!!

Only micro-lending and clean water can save us now.

King Crimson
7/6/2007, 11:26 PM
Nice rant, however you really didn't answer my question, as usual.

As for Hugo, you defended the guy when he started jacking our assets.

And please, do tell how "horribly out of context" this quote is by Einstein???

:pop:

that first line is funny. what i said about Chavez was that the US doesn't *by necessity* have rights to other sovereign nations natural resources.

you don't know much about Einstein do you? his concept of divinity and your God are not anywhere near the same.

Jerk
7/7/2007, 12:03 AM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/franksymptoms/Funny%20stuff/image003.jpg

SoonerProphet
7/7/2007, 09:38 AM
Based on the interrogation of captured extremist leaders--including a 24-year veteran of Hezbollah, apparently dispatched to Iraq by his patrons in Tehran--Gen. Bergner also reported on Monday that the U.S. military has concluded that "the senior leadership" in Iran is aware of these terrorist activities. He said it is "hard to imagine" Ayatollah Ali Khamenei--Iran's supreme leader--does not know of them.

Hmm, I wonder if the new informant, Ali Musa Daqdug, is a kin to Chalabi. These stories in are somewhat reminiscent of the "curveball" fabrications that the NY Times ran in 2003.

Surely politicians wouldn't design "intelligence" to fit their world views. Besides, you'd think with one failed policy based on these types of fabrications we'd be smart enough to avoid another. Eh, prolly not.

Thank you Mr. Lieberman indeed.

jk the sooner fan
7/7/2007, 10:27 AM
yeah, what are we thinking.......my very own son is busy fighting the JAM, an iranian backed militia

they definitely are no threat......move along people, nothing to see......bury your heads in the sand where its nice and comfy

SoonerProphet
7/7/2007, 10:39 AM
yeah, cause that is what i stated.

the whole region is a "threat", especially when you have found yourself enmeshed in a multi faceted conflict. of course the current hobgoblin under the bed is Iran, we see no mention of SA's or Pakistan's support of militia groups, the Taliban, or AQ by the likes of Mr. Lieberman. I wonder why, it couldn't be that the populace needs a simplistic view of the region...could it. Nah, of course not...we would be wise to be truthful about the entire region, not create stories from whole cloth or groups like the INC

Vaevictis
7/7/2007, 10:40 AM
Meh, just because you have someone you trust feeding you information that doesn't mean everyone else does.

This is why when you sell a country on a war, you had better back up the reasons you used to justify that war. If those fall through, you're not just going to not get the benefit of the doubt the next time, people are going to actively distrust you.

It's going to take a change of administration before this problem is rectified.

Harry Beanbag
7/7/2007, 10:48 AM
Bush would be remembered as the greatest president in history if only he had consulted all the foreign policy experts that reside on this message board.

Vaevictis
7/7/2007, 10:50 AM
No need for foreign policy experts. Picking up a copy of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" would have done.

Jerk
7/7/2007, 12:39 PM
A Boy Who Cried Wolf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JE48XHKG64)

Vaevictis
7/7/2007, 12:51 PM
... and if Gore had sent our military in using the same justification, with the same results, it would have blown up in his face in the same way.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/7/2007, 01:16 PM
i just don't think lieberman is all that trustworty, much like McCain. i'm also not a democrat so i don't see any need to 1. tow the party line or 2. hate on the non-party line.

look at what i posted. we have friends in Palestine (which i've been told "doesn't exist" on this self-same board by people who will agree with Joe L., on this), Afghanistan (uhh, not a lot of friends there), Iraq (not a lot of friends either). to me that's just pretty words to those who want to believe that.

liberman seems like an opportunist to me. take Tear this Wall's point about Lieberman as "geniune", reverse it and he's a flip-flopper.When Liebermann ran as veep candidate with Algore, and changed several of his positions seemingly overnight, he became untrustworthy at that point. People might forget that ever happened. I believe he's the only Independent candidate who might have a chance to win POTUS.

King Crimson
7/7/2007, 01:29 PM
When Liebermann ran as veep candidate with Algore, and changed several of his positions seemingly overnight, he became untrustworthy at that point..

exactly.

jk the sooner fan
8/8/2007, 12:13 PM
just an update, iran is still no threat (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292513,00.html)

TexasLidig8r
8/8/2007, 12:35 PM
So, it would appear that in the next election, a clear policy regarding Iraq will be one of the overriding themes... this naturally means, a withdrawal from Iraq (and assuming Billary or Osama wins).. probably sooner rather than later.

A relatively defenseless Iraq then falls within a short amount of time to the militarily energized Iran who uses the pretext of a request by religious leaders in Iraq to go in and stabilize and protect, their fellow clerics. America.. tired of the Middle East, does not respond and the UN, as usual, proves itself to be militarily worthless.

America's main concern at this time is.... Cuba and South America. Why?Venezuela is largely subsidizing Cuba... Venezuelan subsidies to Cuba are approximately... $2 BILLION a year... when Fidel kicks it... will Chavez, in essence, annex Cuba? And if so.. who is to stop him?

We need to be proactive instead of reactionary.. because it looks like it could get alot worse before it gets any better.

Tear Down This Wall
8/8/2007, 01:16 PM
First, Joe Leiberman is pure greatness. I forgive him to choosing to accept Algore's offer to run as VP. It'd be hard to turn down.

Second, The dream ticket for me would be Lieberman-Fred Thompson.

Third, Iran needs to be given a taste of shock and awe.