PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna try this - a $50 paint job on my 'ol truck

CUinNC
7/6/2007, 02:51 PM
http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html

Pretty detailed & I got the space & time to do it...gotta old Ranger hunting truck I wanna try this on...who knows if it lasts 8 months like it says, may be worth it...everything on the innerweb is true ya know

(any redneck jokes apply here):D

Tear Down This Wall
7/6/2007, 04:36 PM
Dude, this is an awesome webpage.

I've got an uncle in Tulsa who restores El Caminos. He's got this bitchin' garage out back of his house that you could eat of the floor of. He keeps it tight, folks. He's got one of those things where you stick your hands in so you don't touch the pieces.

But, this guy is even more of a gearhead than my uncle. Un-f'n-believable. I love it! And the Corvair look great!

BajaOklahoma
7/6/2007, 04:55 PM
Having actually driven a Corvair for a year, I can say that a 50 dollar paint job is more than the car deserves.

OUHOMER
7/6/2007, 04:55 PM
that does look good

CUinNC
7/6/2007, 07:04 PM
Heck, I think it'll work...just have to do the TLC after each coat, but for the bucks, it can't be all that bad...I keep the truck primed where it needs it & that's why it looks like crap & I get my share of remarks...WTH, can't hurt

This d00d from the site is an engineer I sometimes work with, so at least I've got a comfort level he laid all he had at this project...