PDA

View Full Version : i'd hate to be this lady at work

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 01:37 PM
one of our insured had her car parked in the parking lot at work, and for some reason, the damn thing exploded and caught fire.....setting fire to 4 other vehicles

not only was her policy lapsed at the time, negating coverage.......the liability part of the policy doesnt cover fire damage to the other vehicles because she's not negligent.......her co-workers are extremely unhappy with her

proud gonzo
7/6/2007, 01:38 PM
heh

StoopTroup
7/6/2007, 01:38 PM
**** happens.

Tailwind
7/6/2007, 01:40 PM
Bummer! How does a car just assplode?

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 01:42 PM
its a ford explorer and apparently there is a recall for fire issues

not sure how it explodes though....heat source, oxygen and a combustible are all thats necessary! :)

proud gonzo
7/6/2007, 01:42 PM
obligatory "Whoa..."

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 01:44 PM
of course all her co-workers incorrectly assumed that her policy covers this sort of loss, which it doesnt

her popularity is equivalent to Bush's approval ratings right now

yet somehow, its my fault she let her policy lapse for a week, and made her premium payment an hour after the assplosion

ooooook

Beef
7/6/2007, 01:45 PM
its a ford explorer and apparently there is a recall for fire issues

not sure how it explodes though....heat source, oxygen and a combustible are all thats necessary! :)
She better hope Ford picks up the bill, then. Unless the recall has been out a while and she was too lazy to get it fixed.

BajaOklahoma
7/6/2007, 01:46 PM
I thought the fire issue was several years ago? And that they were all fixed by now....... except hers. Rut row.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 01:46 PM
that will be the responsibility of the other carriers to pursue that angle! :)

but yeah, if she got a recall and has been driving around on it for sometime, she is SKAREWED

Mjcpr
7/6/2007, 01:51 PM
So you all are going to cover her even though her policy had lapsed?

You must work for one of those kind-hearted companies. :)

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 01:54 PM
no, there was no coverage, and no liability on top of that

BajaOklahoma
7/6/2007, 02:29 PM
Any chance it was an Expedition? My son and his co-workers watched one burn up in their parking lot yesterday. It also took out some other vehicles. They have it on tape.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 02:35 PM
was it in keller? and yeah i think it was an expedition

Frozen Sooner
7/6/2007, 02:36 PM
Hmmmm. Possibly the PD portion of her homeowner's policy might cover.

But yeah, she's an idiot. She's trying to get coverage that didn't exist in the first place for a policy that wasn't in force at the time of loss. I'd drop her coverage entirely. :)

crawfish
7/6/2007, 03:02 PM
My wife has been working for an insurance agent for a few months now. I'm shocked at how many people let it expire by not paying their premiums.

She spends half her time trying to get deadbeats reinstated. :mad:

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2007, 03:06 PM
there are alot of people that buy insurance for a month just to register their vehicle

Frozen Sooner
7/6/2007, 03:09 PM
My wife has been working for an insurance agent for a few months now. I'm shocked at how many people let it expire by not paying their premiums.

All the flippin' time I've got to deal with numbskulls who let their policy lapse and get angry because we force-place comp/collision on their vehicle.

BajaOklahoma
7/6/2007, 03:10 PM
there are alot of people that buy insurance for a month just to register their vehicle

Which is why I'm a fan of towing for no insurance when stopped for a violation.

Frozen Sooner
7/6/2007, 03:45 PM
They're starting to do that here. I'm a big fan.

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2007, 03:49 PM
that will be the responsibility of the other carriers to pursue that angle! :)

but yeah, if she got a recall and has been driving around on it for sometime, she is SKAREWED

You guys, it was only in September...of 2005.

She's ****ed.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/6/2007, 03:51 PM
What if she didn't own the vehicle in 2005? What if she just bought it last year and didn't know anything about the recall?

Does that even matter?

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2007, 03:52 PM
My guess is they'll tell her she should have looked up all recalls when she bought the car.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/6/2007, 03:54 PM
Let us all learn from this screwed lady, then huh?

Tear Down This Wall
7/6/2007, 04:08 PM

If she ever gets over to the commercial insurance side, she'll spend half of her time trying to get deadbeat business owners to pay and the other half handling 1,001 Certificate of Insurance requests per day from the deadbeat business owners' landlords and clients.

1stTimeCaller
7/6/2007, 04:10 PM
I bet when she woke up this morning she didn't think he car was going to explode.

Ford Exploder. OMG!! I is teh funnie!!!