PDA

View Full Version : Style points for OU players...

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 11:15 PM
This is a little discussion on who you think deserves major props for getting into someone's head before, during, or after a game throughout OU's rich and storied history.

1. VonSchaman ****ing off the Acorn Aggies in 1977. Remember "block-that-kick???"

2. Torrance Marshall's infamous "You got my boy's trophy... I want it BACK (2001 Orange Bowl)!!!"

3. Paul Thompson's "the clapper" against Oregon in 2006.

4. Roy Williams's (TRRW) devilish grin at TFRW after intercepting Chrissy in 2001 OU/TX.

5. I don't know if you guys saw this or not... but I have the 2003 OU/OSU game on tape, and Bob walked with his hand extended out for a handshake about ten or eleven yards with a smile on his face before the "Let 'R Rip" and everything else that day. Then did just the same after it was over. Lester wasn't quite the same after that game. I don't think it was the loss or the fact that it was a blow-out... I honestly think Stoops kinda killed him with kindness and :les: just didn't know what to say when it was all over.

6. Another Bobby Stoops moment: Monday the week of the 2006 aTm game. He said somethign to the extent of Collie Station being overrated and it pizzed off Fran. He had a pep rally in the stadium reading the press conference quotes about Stoops. Funny thing is, they tried with all their might to mess us up, and the only thing that killed us was OUr playcalling on O that night. The OL played sensational, AP was killing them, and the defense kept them in check. The stunned aggies faces on TV were enough to let you know we got to them, and we got 'em good. :D

7. King's 'taco' comment... someone will have to post that video, that was a classic!!! "WHERE DO WE GET SOME GOOD MESSICAN FOOD AROUND THIS JOINT!?!" :D

8. Dr. Tom's face when he heard of the rematch. King didn't say or do anything, Osborne just kinda knew he was ****ed! :D

9. Tommie Harris's little dance after sacking Chance Mock and VY (back-to-back QB sacks I think it was).

Any others you can think of??? :twinkies:

KantoSooner
7/6/2007, 12:11 AM
1985 ('86?) RRS. Opening drive, Texas ball. Bosworth comes through the middle virtually untouched and lays their QB on his back about 10 yards deep. I don't know what he said, but he ripped off his helmet and had a coupla quick, insightful words with the QB.
Fast forward to the third quarter when UT still had like, -14 yards of offense.

You talk 'owned'? They was.

AlbqSooner
7/6/2007, 06:43 AM
75 or 76 OU was facing a 3rd and about 3. Broke the huddle and came to the line. A defensive lineman was calling out signals and alignments when the OU tackle pointed at the lineman and said, "We are coming right over you chump, and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it." Then they went right over him for the first down.

mikeelikee
7/6/2007, 08:55 AM
My wife and I both cracked up watching Tommie do that "monster stomp" after one of those sacks. It was so out-of-character for him that it surprised us, and it was flat funny! You could tell he was really into it!

CatfishSooner
7/6/2007, 11:48 AM
Torrence Marshall FSU "you got my boy's trophy" is the best evar.

Seamus
7/6/2007, 12:49 PM
A couple others:

* Boz's commentary about powder puff blue before UCLA in 1986. Hilarious.

* Tommie Harris casually discarding like a piece of trash that whorn lineman who was trying to butt-rape him.

* Mark Clayton tapping the whorn defensive back on the shoulder during his crazy run-after-catch in the 65-13 mauling.

* In the 1990 Nebbish game, Reggie Barnes standing over the Corn wingback he had just laid out with the best hit since Scott Hill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54EV42w4_t0) wayleighed Dorsett.

BermudaSooner
7/6/2007, 01:25 PM
7. King's 'taco' comment... someone will have to post that video, that was a classic!!! "WHERE DO WE GET SOME GOOD MESSICAN FOOD AROUND THIS JOINT!?!" :D

8. Dr. Tom's face when he heard of the rematch. King didn't say or do anything, Osborne just kinda knew he was ****ed! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQMpgnI5ERA&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8tcxfQ3_bs&mode=related&search=

Petro-Sooner
7/6/2007, 01:40 PM
What was number 3 again? I dont remember that.

BermudaSooner
7/6/2007, 01:48 PM

85sooners
7/6/2007, 01:56 PM
Kejuan Jones' whorns down sign to all of America when he scored in the RSO, 2002(?)
Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

goingoneight
7/6/2007, 07:38 PM

PT againt Oregon: AD was gashing UO in the 4th, and they were stacking up to *try* to stop him. KW called a PA pass, and PT got sacked. The DE started clapping like a retard sitting with his legs croosed looking at PT. PT got up and clapped off-and-on for a good ten seconds before the next play. You could tell the DE was ****ed when they showed him on the sideline. :D

PLaw
7/8/2007, 09:06 AM
A couple others:

* Boz's commentary about powder puff blue before UCLA in 1986. Hilarious.

Too many by Boz to count. The "I hate everything orange" ranks up there, but then there were the "loogies in the earhole", although totally classless.

BOOMER
PLaw