PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever sell any vintage magazines or other stuff?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/5/2007, 08:15 PM
I'm looking to downsize some of my personal items and generate some much-needed cash and get much-needed space. In addition to some books, CDs and DVDs I can give away, I've got a collection of Sports Illustrated magazines that date to the mid-1980s and I've got other sports magazines in my collection (Sporting News, Inside Sports, Sport) that go back several years as well. There's a site on the web that pays pretty good coin on old sports magazines, but I'm under the assumption that I'm going to spend some money having to mail off those issues to the collector, so I may not get back as much money as anticipated. In my town, there's at least one place that buys back old magazines but I don't know if they will pay quite as well.
So has anyone ever sold a collection of vintage magazines and if you have, what direction did you go in and did you get a fair amount of cash back?

Okla-homey
7/5/2007, 08:26 PM
Me and my cousins used to have a stack of nudie books we kept in an old footlocker in our "fort" when we were 12. I doubt anyone would want to buy them now, but they sure gave us a lot to talk about in 1972.

Mongo
7/5/2007, 08:29 PM
PM 1TC, he unloaded his huge box of vintage Playgirls. But he had to keep the one with John Matuszak, he loved the Tooz.

1stTimeCaller
7/5/2007, 10:04 PM
You can ship them via USPS media mail and it's much more affordable than you think. I sold a Time Life Wild West leather bound collection of books a few years ago. I think they weighed 150 pounds and it didn't cost much at all. PM Dean or check out the post office website for pricing.