PDA

View Full Version : 2007 PGA Championship Practice Rounds

Boomer.....
7/5/2007, 03:58 PM
I will only get to go to one of the practice rounds because I am leaving for Vegas on Thursday that week. Is there a better one of the three practice rounds to go to? Also, is it much better to have the Wanamaker Club tickets which let you go in an air conditioned tent?

Boomer.....
7/5/2007, 07:49 PM
Ya don't say.

Newbomb Turk
7/5/2007, 07:55 PM
I really don't see the benefit of an air conditioned tent in August, in Tulsa.

Newbomb Turk
7/5/2007, 08:02 PM
I went to the US Open 2001 - hotter than ****.

A guy I know has tickets to one of the practice rounds for the PGA - I think I'll pass.

Boomer.....
7/5/2007, 08:09 PM
I've never been and just wanted to know if there was any difference in any of the practice days as far as players, their attitudes, etc.

SoonerAcesUp
8/6/2007, 06:20 PM
Went today to the practice round and there weren't many of the big names out today besides Tiger and Furyk. I've got tickets all week and it's gonna be a hot one. And the food and drinks will break the wallet.

Mjcpr
8/6/2007, 06:46 PM
Went today to the practice round and there weren't many of the big names out today besides Tiger and Furyk. I've got tickets all week and it's gonna be a hot one. And the food and drinks will break the wallet.
So besides the #1 and #2 players in the world, there weren't any big names then? ;)

I'm going tomorrow evening after work.

Boomer.....
8/7/2007, 08:29 AM
I went Monday as well. Found Tiger at the 9th and followed him the rest of the round. I also saw Furyk and got his autograph at the driving range.

Sooner24
8/7/2007, 08:35 PM
I bet if Tiger Woods quit golf tomorrow the PGA would have ratings equal to the NHL.

Mjcpr
8/8/2007, 09:12 AM
I saw Anthony Kim and his "entourage" yesterday evening on the course. Saw Ernie Els (he was the most famous player I saw) and some little guy he was playing with. Ryan Moore, Brian Gay, Daniel Chopra and some other guys I didn't recognize....not many big names out there at that time of day I guess, aside from Els.

Newbomb Turk
8/8/2007, 11:48 AM
I bet if Tiger Woods quit golf tomorrow the PGA would have ratings equal to the NHL.

does the NHL even register on the ratings.

Boomer.....
8/8/2007, 01:09 PM
Only the Stanley Cup Finals.

Sooner24
8/8/2007, 05:44 PM
does the NHL even register on the ratings.

I think you just made my point. ;)

trwxxa
8/8/2007, 06:23 PM

They are heading that way already and sponsors are starting to question why they are expected to put up big money purses for lower ratings and attendance when there is not a chance in heck that Woods is going to play.

The Tour, as we know it, is in trouble. Thanks Tiger.

snp
8/8/2007, 06:39 PM
I saw Anthony Kim and his "entourage" yesterday evening on the course. Saw Ernie Els (he was the most famous player I saw) and some little guy he was playing with. Ryan Moore, Brian Gay, Daniel Chopra and some other guys I didn't recognize....not many big names out there at that time of day I guess, aside from Els.

one of those guys is my roommate and they all (AK included) woke me up at 3 AM Monday night telling me to start drinking.

AK is freaking awesome.

TUSooner
8/8/2007, 09:18 PM
The Tour, as we know it, is in trouble. Thanks Tiger.
Yeah, ya selfish bastarge, stop being so excellent at what you do!

wbg
8/9/2007, 12:34 PM
Furyk's back is seriously hurt, I don't know why he's playing this week.

Heckle Sergio Garcia for me if any of you can.