PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 01:35 PM
Starts tonight. Some of you yahoos dig survivor and those other reality shows. This one is mine. Anyone else into the show?

yermom
7/5/2007, 01:46 PM
is that Big Brother 37?

colleyvillesooner
7/5/2007, 01:48 PM
In a row?

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 01:49 PM
eighth season.

yermom
7/5/2007, 01:56 PM
In a row?

i don't think i even meant to type that :O

colleyvillesooner
7/5/2007, 02:05 PM
It's subconscious by now. :D

royalfan5
7/5/2007, 02:07 PM
I'm not interested until it turns into Big Brother:The Snuff Edition.

Sooner in Tampa
7/5/2007, 02:31 PM
Dean will be watching!

critical_phil
7/5/2007, 03:21 PM
i've seen clips of the dutch and british BB before.

they're full of top and less.

Sooner in Tampa
7/5/2007, 03:25 PM
Here's your link to check out the new houseguests

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother8/ (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother8/)

http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother8/images/splash_2.jpg

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the link. Love the show but dont think I could live like that over a period of time. Knowing at ever second of the day you have cameras on you. Plus the fact you are confined into a single place for so long.

Scott D
7/5/2007, 03:42 PM
after seeing that, I can see why most of those guys are single.

Scott D
7/5/2007, 03:43 PM
i've seen clips of the dutch and british BB before.

they're full of top and less.

and leo sayer saying he's leaving the show because the producers won't provide him with underwear. :eek:

TheLurker
7/5/2007, 04:03 PM
I read somewhere yesterday, that Daniele the waitress is Dick the bar manager's daughter. Apparently the X-factor thing from a couple seasons ago is back.

Sooner in Tampa
7/5/2007, 04:26 PM
I read somewhere yesterday, that Daniele the waitress is Dick the bar manager's daughter. Apparently the X-factor thing from a couple seasons ago is back.I think is suppose to be people who have heat with each other

Catfight! Haysville style!

BRING!

IT!

ON!

A good old-fashioned cheerleader throwdown is (potentially) about to break out on national television, and the spirit-filled spatters are both from Haysville.

And they have history.

Last week, The Eagle reported that Wichita Thunder Dance Team member Jessica Hughbanks had been chosen as a houseguest on "Big Brother," the CBS reality show that sequesters strangers in a house and points the camera at the inevitable fireworks. The eighth season of the show, a summertime ratings staple, starts at 7 tonight on CBS, channel 12.

Then, we learned that another former Haysville resident -- Kansas City Chiefs cheerleader Carol Journey (who happens to be the daughter of state Sen. Phil Journey) had been cast on the show as well.

Coincidence? We didn't think so.

And after reading on the CBS Web site that some of this year's guests would be sharing the house with "someone from their past with whom there is an extreme amount of tension," we definitely didn't think so.

It just so happens that both Carol and Jessica graduated from Campus High School in 2004, and both had been on the pompom squad their sophomore years.

There might even have been some ugliness between them at a New Year's Eve party during their freshman year, according to the mom of a fellow former pompom squad member.

UH-oh.

"Big Brother" has pulled this sort of thing before. Several seasons ago, they added a twist called "The Ex Factor." The contestants entered the house only to find that they'd be sharing living quarters with a former boyfriend or girlfriend with whom things had ended badly. That was an interesting summer.

If the show follows that formula, Jessica and Carol will be ambushed with the unpleasant news of their roommate status on live television tonight.

But people who know both girls are wondering if the drama might be a little forced.

Natalie Silva, a close friend of Carol's who was on the pompom squad with the girls in high school, says she can't remember any nasty rivalries.

"Honestly, they're both sweet girls," she said. "I thought we always got along just fine. I don't think they've talked to each other much since high school."

And Patty Spiegel, the captain of the Thunder Dance Team, said she was surprised to learn about the "rivalry" twist.

She's known Jessica for years and has never heard her mention Carol. And "catfight" isn't exactly Jessica's style, she said.

"I've known Jessica for a long time, and I've never known her to have any enemies," she said. "A lot of people are speculating that it was some kind of dance rivalry."

Actually, it sounds like these two have a lot in common. If indeed they do hate each other's size 2 guts, maybe they can spend their summertime sequester working out their differences through a series of dance-offs.

Scott D
7/5/2007, 04:32 PM
I think is suppose to be people who have heat with each other

*gasp* you mean a television network would manipulate a setting to create ratings.....but but...it's "reality" tv. ;)

TopDawg
7/5/2007, 04:47 PM
It looks like Mike could be Michael Richards Jr.