PDA

View Full Version : Obama

TopDaugIn2000
7/5/2007, 11:47 AM
So is Obama a Muslim? Or did he used to be one? A friend and I were talking about him and I seem to recall reading that he is. My friend said that Obama was raised Muslim, but is now Christian. Anyone know for sure? This will greatly affect my voting next year.

Mjcpr
7/5/2007, 11:47 AM
Dean says he's a terrorist because of his name so I think he is, yeah.

JohnnyMack
7/5/2007, 11:49 AM
He's Saddam Hussein's 3rd nephew twice removed.

royalfan5
7/5/2007, 11:49 AM
He father was a non-practing Muslim. He did attend a private Muslim elementary school for awhile in Indonesian, but that probably has more to do with the quality of schools available there than anything else. He is currently a member of the UCC and has been for quite awhile now.

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2007, 11:50 AM
he was born in a terrorist training camp in Yemen and then later raised by wolves

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/5/2007, 11:50 AM
So is Obama a Muslim? Or did he used to be one? A friend and I were talking about him and I seem to recall reading that he is. My friend said that Obama was raised Muslim, but is now Christian. Anyone know for sure? This will greatly affect my voting next year.We must first get him the Democrat nomination, so he can take on those "holier-than-thou" types.

TopDaugIn2000
7/5/2007, 11:52 AM
he was born in a terrorist training camp in Yemen and then later raised by wolves

great. but I STILL won't vote for a republican.

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2007, 11:53 AM
i dont care!

TopDaugIn2000
7/5/2007, 11:54 AM
I never thought you cared.

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2007, 11:58 AM
it was a joke, not meant to sway your political leanings

TopDaugIn2000
7/5/2007, 12:00 PM
yes, I know.

Mjcpr
7/5/2007, 12:00 PM
It's a good thing you never dated that old dude or you wouldn't be able to vote for old folks either.

What else is out?

7/5/2007, 12:01 PM
great. but I STILL won't vote for a republican.How about Teddy Kennedy(R) vs Hugo Chavez(D)?

TopDaugIn2000
7/5/2007, 12:02 PM
I wasn't even alive that long ago

TopDaugIn2000
7/5/2007, 12:03 PM
It's a good thing you never dated that old dude or you wouldn't be able to vote for old folks either.

What else is out?

trolls. (I don't mean the board type, I mean the real live trolls)

aggies

fire worshipers

Rhino
7/5/2007, 01:36 PM
He father was a non-practing Muslim. He did attend a private Muslim elementary school for awhile in Indonesian, but that probably has more to do with the quality of schools available there than anything else. If by "non-practicing Muslim", you mean "atheist" and by "private Muslim", you mean "public secular", then you're correct.

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 01:38 PM
atheist eh? Hmmm. Not that he was getting my vote anyway but thats interesting.

CShine
7/5/2007, 01:41 PM
http://www.creativerescue.org/obama/images/obama_sm.jpg

royalfan5
7/5/2007, 01:53 PM
If by "non-practicing Muslim", you mean "atheist" and by "private Muslim", you mean "public secular", then you're correct.
if by Public secular, you mean acknowledged by Obama to be a Muslim owned and operated school for people of multiple religions, you'd be correct, http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/

I also think you can make the case that Non-practing Muslim is the same because of the influence of an Islamic background while growing up. He would be quite aware of beliefs and practices even if he didn't follow or practice.

Tear Down This Wall
7/5/2007, 02:29 PM
Obama is whatever the crowd in front of him wants him to be. Like Hillary and Al Gore, he'll someday be caliming some jewish ancestry as well. It's the most predictable thing about Democrats - they'll attempt to claim as many hyphenated groups as they can. To a Democrats, it's never good enough to have been blessed enoough to be an American. They've always got be some kind of America...or kinds.

Viking Kitten
7/5/2007, 02:32 PM
Sooooooooouth Oval! Where the generalizations come sweeping down the plain! And the waving wheat...

Sing with me! You know the words!

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/5/2007, 02:35 PM
'...and when we saaaaaaaaaaay....who will I **** off todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...'

Viking Kitten
7/5/2007, 02:42 PM
'I'm only sayin' I'll neg your a** you big homo, you big homo, you're gay!'

TopDaugIn2000
7/5/2007, 02:44 PM
we're hatin on muslims here, not gays........that's another thread(s)

stoops the eternal pimp
7/5/2007, 02:47 PM
'h-o-m-o y-u-r-gay'

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2007, 02:49 PM
I like Obama quite a bit. I used to watch him quite a bit in committee hearings and such. While other Democrats were asking members of the Administration 15-20 minute long "questions" in an effort to grandstand, Obama asked real legitimate questions and I would have liked to hear an actual answer (and never got one!) The confirmation hearing for Rice as SecState is a great example of this.

At any rate, I disagree with his politics as much as anyone possibly could be but I believe that he's a fundamentally honest guy that I can trust in a position of power regardless of my policy disagreements with him. I'm disgusted by some of the attacks he's received from Republicans.

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 02:52 PM
I'm disgusted by some of the attacks he's received from Republicans.

But he is a dimocrat so its ok.

:D

Viking Kitten
7/5/2007, 02:55 PM
"Chicks and dims and libz better scurry..."

slickdawg
7/5/2007, 02:56 PM
Why does Obama like to talk about all of his blackness, but doesn't seem to be proud that he's 1/2 honkey?

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 02:57 PM
Being a honkie isnt cool anymore I guess. Its now frowned upon.

7/5/2007, 02:58 PM
I like Obama quite a bit...
I'm disgusted by some of the attacks he's received from Republicans.Tell us about those attacks. I'm (so far)planning on voting for him, and need to hear about those wascally Wepublicans going after him.

royalfan5
7/5/2007, 02:58 PM
Why does Obama like to talk about all of his blackness, but doesn't seem to be proud that he's 1/2 honkey?
Because it's Kansas Honkey. Would you brag about that?

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2007, 03:01 PM
That's an interesting point. I wasn't discussing Obama specifically, but I had this conversation with a friend not too long ago.

Let's say you've got a person who's half black, half white. They ALWAYS ALWAYS consider themselves to be black rather than white even though it's half and half (no pun intended). My question is this, if men truly are equal and color doesn't matter then isn't there at least a small amount of innate racism associated with someone who identifies with only one color even though they are racially mixed?

And this doesn't just go for black/white. It's any racial mix. It seems to me that Obama and others could do a hell of a lot more good by declaring, "Although I am racially mixed, I am neither black nor white. I'm an American." I'd have been impressed out the *** with teh guy if he had said that.

mikeelikee
7/5/2007, 03:14 PM
Barack Hussein Obama is not a muslim. He did attend a madrassa as a yout', but he is now a member of the United Church of Christ, arguably the most liberal protestant denomination out there. As such, his worldview is almost diametrically opposed to mine, and therefore he will not be receiving my support. :cool:

Scott D
7/5/2007, 03:19 PM
atheist eh? Hmmm. Not that he was getting my vote anyway but thats interesting.

good thing his father isn't running for any political office you can vote for then.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/5/2007, 03:20 PM
Because it's Kansas Honkey. Would you brag about that?

Bob Dole says he's not Bob Dole's love child.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/95/pics/95tnightline.jpg

He did attend a madrassa as a yout'

And what the hell is a 'yout'?

http://www.nndb.com/people/639/000043510/fg3-sized.jpg

Scott D
7/5/2007, 03:22 PM
That's an interesting point. I wasn't discussing Obama specifically, but I had this conversation with a friend not too long ago.

Let's say you've got a person who's half black, half white. They ALWAYS ALWAYS consider themselves to be black rather than white even though it's half and half (no pun intended). My question is this, if men truly are equal and color doesn't matter then isn't there at least a small amount of innate racism associated with someone who identifies with only one color even though they are racially mixed?

And this doesn't just go for black/white. It's any racial mix. It seems to me that Obama and others could do a hell of a lot more good by declaring, "Although I am racially mixed, I am neither black nor white. I'm an American." I'd have been impressed out the *** with teh guy if he had said that.

just out of curiousity, would said friend be as lily white as you?

Viking Kitten
7/5/2007, 03:22 PM
And what the hell is a 'yout'?

Joe Pesci wants to know if he amuses you.

SoonerBBall
7/5/2007, 03:45 PM

Does it matter?

I'm as lilly white as they come, but I'd much rather identify myself on an application as a member of these great United States than ever check the "caucasian" box again. Is it wrong that they wish we could all just recognize ourselves as part of this country instead of an ever-increasing number of minorities?

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2007, 03:47 PM
Of course.

7/5/2007, 04:18 PM
SicEm, I'm still kinda curious about the attacks Obama has received from "some republicans". Pls. eaborate.

soonerscuba
7/5/2007, 04:20 PM
Obama is whatever the crowd in front of him wants him to be. Like Hillary and Al Gore, he'll someday be caliming some jewish ancestry as well. It's the most predictable thing about Democrats - they'll attempt to claim as many hyphenated groups as they can. To a Democrats, it's never good enough to have been blessed enoough to be an American. They've always got be some kind of America...or kinds.

Which is very, very different than Viva Bush! stickers that popped up around the place.

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 04:23 PM
Dont worry about it Rush. Hes a dim so he got what was coming.

:cool:

7/5/2007, 04:28 PM
Dont worry about it Rush. Hes a dim so he got what was coming.

:cool:SicEm usually likes to engage and explain, so I'm kinda surprised he hasn't.

Scott D
7/5/2007, 04:28 PM
Does it matter?

I'm as lilly white as they come, but I'd much rather identify myself on an application as a member of these great United States than ever check the "caucasian" box again. Is it wrong that they wish we could all just recognize ourselves as part of this country instead of an ever-increasing number of minorities?

in the case of sicem, yes it does matter.

Scott D
7/5/2007, 04:30 PM
Of course.

Well consider the fact that it goes back to identifiers being placed on people when they are children. Perhaps the days of those types of identifiers will go away when the mental perception of people isn't based upon how different you are "from me".

Tear Down This Wall
7/5/2007, 04:31 PM
Which is very, very different than Viva Bush! stickers that popped up around the place.

Exactly, because Bush didn't claim to be hispanic; he simply courted the hispanic vote as a white man. Democrats can't seem to do that. If they're speaking to jews, they have to dig up some ancestor who is jewish. Obama will do the same.

leavingthezoo
7/5/2007, 04:43 PM
:O

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 10:02 PM
I always wondered why people never asked this question. Seems to me like all the uneducated Americans just kind of looked past us having a president named Barrack Obama whilst in war with the Middle East.

I have no good or bad opinion of the guy, I just wondered how he got this far without people asking that question yet.

Scott D
7/5/2007, 10:58 PM
probably because our so called left leaning msm went after this "story" like a pit bull back when it was first was a non issue 6 months ago. I'm sure they'll manage to rehash it again 6 months from now.

Harry Beanbag
7/5/2007, 11:45 PM
I've been wrong before....once, but if the Dems nominate either Obama or Hillary, they're handing the presidency to a Republican again. I don't think either one of them are close to electable in a general election.

OklahomaTuba
7/5/2007, 11:46 PM
Oh Goodie, another thread about Hussien.

Muslims will see Hussien as an apostate, and if there is one thing they hate more than Jews, Americans, Science, Cartoons, Freedom, Peace, Bacon, Beer, Football, Dirty Feet, Women NOT in black bags and Bush, its an apostate.

OklahomaTuba
7/5/2007, 11:50 PM
I've been wrong before....once, but if the Dems nominate either Obama or Hillary, they're handing the presidency to a Republican again. I don't think either one of them are close to electable in a general election.

Depends on who gets the GOP nommy me thinks.

<><
7/6/2007, 04:29 PM
I sure am eager for Senator AnyoneButBush™ (D - Neverneverland) to be elected... because apparently gas prices will go down, all wars will end, and everything will return to the idyllic utopia of the late '90s, once that evil tyrant "Dubya" is deposed. But seriously...

Personally, I'm neither Right or Left when it comes to politics but it's cynically amusing watching each side demonize each other, each with their own media spin.

The worst thing the Dems could do at this point, in my opinion, would be to nominate Hillary. Most Repub voters that I know are so bummed with Bush that any other populist-centrist Dem candidate could win '08 in a walk.

Hillary, however, is so polarizing a figure that the conservative base would be motivated in great numbers to vote for AnyoneButClinton, not to mention all the rehashing of Bill's sordid exploits - which would do little more than enflame the current already-hostile political atmosphere.

Obama can play (or pander) to the Left, the Moderate, and the disaffected Right... whereas anyone that runs on the Repub ticket will have to spend his whole campaign at distancing himself from Bush. Yeah, good luck with that.

What do ya'll think, how does '08 look to you?

OklahomaTuba
7/6/2007, 04:46 PM
Hussien sure is raking in the dough right now. I think Mrs. Bill Clinton is just trying to keep up.

I wonder though because this battle will go so long if both dims will end up exhausting their base's financial support before the general?

As for the pubs, things sure are quiet. I havn't gotten one damn letter so far, except for one Rudy letter a few months ago. That is it. I am still a Rudy fan and I like what he stands for. Fred Thompson will probably be the other guy, and I might support him if he has some good positions.

I think Billary is the dims choice in the end, which will cause a spilt for the far left nut jobs. Rudy or Thompson for the GOP.

And I fully expect someone other than a Bush or a Clinton to win this one.

JohnnyMack
7/6/2007, 04:47 PM
VOTE FOR FRED.

OklahomaTuba
7/6/2007, 04:50 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/413/000024341/fred-thompson.jpg
This vs Hillary.

Yeah, that will go well.

SicEmBaylor
7/6/2007, 05:30 PM
This vs Hillary.

Yeah, that will go well.

Crawl back in your hole.

SicEmBaylor
7/6/2007, 05:36 PM
Anyway, to answer the previous question put to me...

The first bashing of Obama that I remember was during the previously mentioned Rice confirmation hearings. The Party was painting him as self-serving demogauge ala Kennedy during the committee hearings along with all the other Democrats. Well, basically all the other Democrats were self-serving Demogauge but Obama was not. I actually watched those hearings and I thought his line of questions was excellent and what you would expect from a Senior not Junior freshman Senator.

And then there's the constant trying to link his name to Muslim terrorists because his first name is one letter off from Osama and his middle name is Hussein. If Presidential politics has really collapsed into petty school-yard level name calling then we're in serious deep **** in this country and you can't blame it all on the evil liberals.

I like the guy.

Harry Beanbag
7/6/2007, 06:00 PM
And then there's the constant trying to link his name to Muslim terrorists because his first name is one letter off from Osama and his middle name is Hussein. If Presidential politics has really collapsed into petty school-yard level name calling then we're in serious deep **** in this country and you can't blame it all on the evil liberals.

Um, presidential politics has really collapsed into petty school-yard name calling. If we have a nominated Hillary against anybody, that won't change. Maybe Obama can rise above that, but in the end I think the country will decide they're not ready for a mega liberal minority candidate with Muslim undertones to be President. Whether right or wrong, I think that's where we're at.

JohnnyMack
7/6/2007, 08:44 PM
This vs Hillary.

Yeah, that will go well.

I can't wait for that debate!!!

<><
7/6/2007, 08:49 PM
I have to admit that I'm surprised to see many Repubs rallying around Fred Thompson so heartily.

Would any of you mind elaborating on how you feel he is the most qualified and/or best candidate from the Republican party?

JohnnyMack
7/6/2007, 08:50 PM
I'm not a R or a D, but I'm voting for Fred because if we should get into another cold war, or fall victim to a nuclear attack or get invaded by space aliens, I want Fred Thompson on my TV. It'll be like I'm living in a Jerry Bruckheimer movie. And that. Will rule.

Harry Beanbag
7/7/2007, 01:17 AM
I have to admit that I'm surprised to see many Repubs rallying around Fred Thompson so heartily.

Would any of you mind elaborating on how you feel he is the most qualified and/or best candidate from the Republican party?

Truthfully, I think it's because he's still largely an unknown. The rest of the candidates are not very exciting or have some major flaw that the far right can't accept. But it does appear that Fred has some balls and some flair to him, which have been lacking in the Oval Office for quite awhile, like twenty years or so. Maybe once he announces and the light shines on him the luster will wear off, who knows.

Dio
7/7/2007, 07:30 AM
Truthfully, I think it's because he's still largely an unknown. The rest of the candidates are not very exciting or have some major flaw that the far right can't accept. But it does appear that Fred has some balls and some flair to him, which have been lacking in the Oval Office for quite awhile, like twenty years or so. Maybe once he announces and the light shines on him the luster will wear off, who knows.

Bingo.

Thompson(perceived) >>>> Whoever the Libertarians nominate >>>>>>>>>>>>> Current Republican field > Obama > Rest of Dims >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Billary

Dio
7/7/2007, 07:33 AM
Being a honkie isnt cool anymore I guess. Its now frowned upon.

We prefer to be called "crackers" now. TIA

OUinFLA
7/7/2007, 07:42 AM
We in Florida are desperatly trying to find a way to mess up this election, just so the rest of you Americans will forget about the Bush/Gore/chad debacle.

I think we have found the answer in our new electonic voting machines. You all know how reliable unproven electical gadgets are. Somehow they managed to lose 8000 or so electical votes in Sarasota county in the last congressional election. btw, the winning margin in that election was less than 1000 votes.

Flagstaffsooner
7/7/2007, 07:56 AM
We in Florida are desperatly trying to find a way to mess up this election, just so the rest of you Americans will forget about the Bush/Gore/chad debacle.

I think we have found the answer in our new electonic voting machines. You all know how reliable unproven electical gadgets are. Somehow they managed to lose 8000 or so electical votes in Sarasota county in the last congressional election. btw, the winning margin in that election was less than 1000 votes.I think it all those blue hairs that you have there that f things up.;)

JohnnyMack
7/7/2007, 09:06 AM
Whoever asked me if I was serious about voting for Fred, yes. Very much so.

Sooner24
7/7/2007, 12:04 PM
Whoever asked me if I was serious about voting for Fred, yes. Very much so.

Of all the ones that is out there right now I would vote for Fred too.

SicEmBaylor
7/7/2007, 12:24 PM
Bingo.

Thompson(perceived) >>>> Whoever the Libertarians nominate >>>>>>>>>>>>> Current Republican field > Obama > Rest of Dims >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Billary

He's not unknown to me at all. And I've never ever been a flash over substance type guy which is what Thompson supposedly lacks.

I support Thompson because I've look at his record in the Senate, the things he has said about government/policy through the years, and the multitude of opinion pieces he's been writing since he left the Senate and since he started considering a run for the White House.

Let me say this clearly, there are several legitimate conservatives in the race. Huckabee is a great example of a solid mainstream conservative. Be that as it may, the ONLY candidate currently in the race that is able to articulate the Founding principles of this nation (individual liberty, limited government, etc.) is Ron Paul. I adore Ron Paul but he has no chance in winning. Now, when deciding who to vote for I never dismiss a candidate simply because they have no chance in winning. I've voted for a lot of people through the years who had no chance in winning. However, when given the choice between two individuals who most closely represent my values then I will go with the one who has a chance.

Enter Fred Thompson: Fred Thompson is absolutely a legitimate conservative. There are going to be things in his past record that will eventually come out that many will point to as an example of wavering conservatism. Seemingly it will appear that he is not as strong a conservative as many people believed, but those issues that he has differed on in the past revolve around questions of Federalism. Fred Thompson is a Federalist and has made that quite clear in all his interviews, his writings, and his record. He recognizes that there are going to be issues on the Federal level he can not support simply because those issues are best left up to the states. He has indicated this is his position on things like civil unions/gay marriage, abortion, etc.

Now, that being said I do like Ron Paul's position of "smart isolationism" more than Thompson's foreign policy statements.

7/7/2007, 12:50 PM
Anyway, to answer the previous question put to me...

The first bashing of Obama that I remember was during the previously mentioned Rice confirmation hearings. The Party was painting him as self-serving demogauge ala Kennedy during the committee hearings along with all the other Democrats. Well, basically all the other Democrats were self-serving Demogauge but Obama was not. I actually watched those hearings and I thought his line of questions was excellent and what you would expect from a Senior not Junior freshman Senator.

The first paragraph above was part of what you said in the post that got my curiousity up for you to elaborate. The second paragraph above still doesn't mention who you were referring to. However, I don't care. I'm still voting for Obama in the democrat primary, as he is the best democrat running, IMO.

Vaevictis
7/7/2007, 01:33 PM
Be that as it may, the ONLY candidate currently in the race that is able to articulate the Founding principles of this nation (individual liberty, limited government, etc.) is Ron Paul. I adore Ron Paul but he has no chance in winning. Now, when deciding who to vote for I never dismiss a candidate simply because they have no chance in winning. I've voted for a lot of people through the years who had no chance in winning. However, when given the choice between two individuals who most closely represent my values then I will go with the one who has a chance.
(...)
Now, that being said I do like Ron Paul's position of "smart isolationism" more than Thompson's foreign policy statements.

If Ron Paul is at the top of the ticket, I might just vote for him.

Sooner24
7/7/2007, 02:28 PM

If Ron White was at the top of the ticket, I might just vote for him.

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/photos/uncategorized/ron_white_1.jpg

SicEmBaylor
7/7/2007, 02:29 PM
If Ron White was at the top of the ticket, I might just vote for him.

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/photos/uncategorized/ron_white_1.jpg

I would too. I bet he'd get rid of those damned night time speed limits in Texas.

OklahomaTuba
7/7/2007, 03:13 PM

That explains a lot.

OklahomaTuba
7/7/2007, 03:16 PM

Its always amazing how people think isolationism is something that is good and makes the economy better.

History is lost on some it seems.

StoopTroup
7/7/2007, 03:23 PM
I still think he's hiding in Pakistan.

VeeJay
7/7/2007, 03:25 PM
If the things the Republicans have said about Obama are "disgusting", just wait until the Clinton Machine goes into overdrive if and when Hillary's polling numbers slip.

You ain't seen character assassination.

Harry Beanbag
7/7/2007, 03:44 PM
I still think he's hiding in Pakistan.

Ron Paul?

7/7/2007, 04:18 PM
If the things the Republicans have said about Obama are "disgusting", just wait until the Clinton Machine goes into overdrive if and when Hillary's polling numbers slip.

You ain't seen character assassination.I'm thinking some(at least) of what SicEm attributes to repub criticism of Obama has been the doing of Team Clinton.

Sooner_Bob
7/7/2007, 06:50 PM
Just wait for Al Gore to come sweeping in at the last minute to totally goof up the democratic nomination. That should be interesting and would probably split the party even more.

OUinFLA
7/7/2007, 08:29 PM
Just wait for Al Gore to come sweeping in at the last minute to totally goof up the democratic nomination. That should be interesting and would probably split the party even more.

Have no fear, Florida is here.

SicEmBaylor
7/7/2007, 09:44 PM
Its always amazing how people think isolationism is something that is good and makes the economy better.

History is lost on some it seems.

I never said anything about it improving the economy.

7/7/2007, 11:09 PM
Just wait for Al Gore to come sweeping in at the last minute to totally goof up the democratic nomination. That should be interesting and would probably split the party even more.A friend who is an imprinted democrat(from TN, even)swears Gore isn't going to run, and said that Gore recently said he won't run.(FWIW)

Soonerus
7/7/2007, 11:11 PM
Obama has no chance...don't waste your effort....(cocaine, etc...)

OklahomaTuba
7/8/2007, 01:14 AM
I never said anything about it improving the economy.

So are you now supporting a policy of stagnation and recession?

You might have a chage of heart on that stance once you hit the working world and you have a family to support, bills to pay, a mortgage, car payment, child care, etc.

7/8/2007, 01:46 AM

You might have a chage of heart on that stance once you hit the working world and you have a family to support, bills to pay, a mortgage, car payment, child care, etc.SicEm has recently said he's ready for the next Civil War.

SicEmBaylor
7/8/2007, 02:58 AM

You might have a chage of heart on that stance once you hit the working world and you have a family to support, bills to pay, a mortgage, car payment, child care, etc.
Yes, that's right. I support stagflation and inflation. :rolleyes:

I wasn't speaking in terms of economic isolationism. I never said anything of the sort.

yermom
7/8/2007, 04:03 AM
Obama has no chance...don't waste your effort....(cocaine, etc...)

that didn't seem to hurt W too much

StoopTroup
7/8/2007, 04:18 AM
that didn't seem to hurt W too much
Good point.

http://alexmcmurray.com/images/news/bush_cocaine.jpg

:pop:

Tear Down This Wall
7/9/2007, 12:02 PM

He's not the former governor of a liberal yankee state.

Petro-Sooner
7/9/2007, 12:23 PM
From what I have seen and heard hes a true conservative. Something the repubs need. Bush sure as hell isnt.

def_lazer_fc
7/9/2007, 03:54 PM
Bush has no chance...don't waste your effort....(cocaine, etc...)
oh wait...

def_lazer_fc
7/9/2007, 03:57 PM
this (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19675541/) might be a pretty interesting read about Thompson for some of you. probably not gonna be too damning, but i just liked nixon's remark about him being stupid. thats funny.

yermom
7/9/2007, 03:57 PM
oh wait...

welcome to like 5 posts ago ;)

def_lazer_fc
7/9/2007, 04:10 PM
welcome to i noticed that after i posted. someone else is always being clever before i get there. :(

but back to the cocaine thing, i think it is better to just admit it all than trying to weasel around it (i didn't inhale, yeah right) or completely ignoring the issue when confronted with it. b/c really, how many people on this board can say that they've never done drugs. and by reading some of these posts, how many of you can say that you aren't on drugs right now. i'm looking at you rush. i bet you have a taste for the brown sugar, and i don't mean the ladies. ;)

<><
7/10/2007, 12:12 AM
I polled a bunch of my Repub co-workers today, all of them said they'd vote for Ron Paul but that he didn't have a chance in hell of getting the nomination...

...but if the Repub base actually rallied around him (instead of complaining that there's no way he'll win), wouldn't he get the nomination?

I just really don't see the Thompson thing, he seems to have more liabilities than assets - and being a "tough talking" old-school Reaganesque southern "alpha male" isn't gonna cut it against the Dems media machine.

7/10/2007, 12:30 AM
this (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19675541/) might be a pretty interesting read about Thompson for some of you. probably not gonna be too damning, but i just liked nixon's remark about him being stupid. thats funny.Isn't "stupid" the tag that just about all republicans running for office get? Reagan, Quayle and W for sure! I think Rudy will get the repub nomination, anyway. The media hasn't found anything damning to lay on him yet.

def_lazer_fc
7/10/2007, 03:37 AM
I think Rudy will get the repub nomination, anyway. The media hasn't found anything damning to lay on him yet.
just wait for primary season. rudy will get slaughtered.

Chuck Bao
7/10/2007, 07:16 AM
I see your Fred Thompson bid and I up the ante with a Democrat vote for Mike Gravel.

http://www.gravel2008.us/themes/gravel/images/panel.top.pic.jpg

Okay, not likely but it would be one hell of an interesting election.

Tear Down This Wall
7/10/2007, 08:46 AM
I polled a bunch of my Repub co-workers today, all of them said they'd vote for Ron Paul....

Then you weren't talking to Republicans. You were talking to libertarians who, like Ron Paul, understand no one will ever go for their ridiculous bullsh*t, so they masquerade as Republicans.

Just ask Ron Paul how well he did when he was honest and ran as a libertarian. Also, give me the list of nationally elected libertarians who actually ran as libertarians. They're as phony as the jerkoffs in the Green Party.

SoonerBBall
7/17/2007, 06:00 PM
Then you weren't talking to Republicans. You were talking to libertarians who, like Ron Paul, understand no one will ever go for their ridiculous bullsh*t, so they masquerade as Republicans.

Just ask Ron Paul how well he did when he was honest and ran as a libertarian. Also, give me the list of nationally elected libertarians who actually ran as libertarians. They're as phony as the jerkoffs in the Green Party.

I bet a hell of a lot of people who consider themselves Republicans actual lean more toward being Libertarians than you seem to think. Also, gg on capitalizing your party name but not the other one, makes you look like a real mature adult.

Why the hell would a Libertarian masquerade as a Republican? The reason I'm a Libertarian is because I'm sick of the bullsh*t Republicans spew, and I'm pretty sure that goes for most of us.

In summary, you sound like a douchbag posting stuff like that. Remember kids, post smarter, not harder.

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2007, 07:12 PM
I see your Fred Thompson bid and I up the ante with a Democrat vote for Mike Gravel.

If by interesting you mean potentially disastrous for the Republic then, yes, I suppose it would be "interesting."

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2007, 07:13 PM
this (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19675541/) might be a pretty interesting read about Thompson for some of you. probably not gonna be too damning, but i just liked nixon's remark about him being stupid. thats funny.
Nixon thought everyone who didn't see things as he did was stupid. Seriously, he did.

KC//CRIMSON
7/17/2007, 07:15 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0rZdAB4V_j8

WTF?? I can't figure out if he's just standing there having a stroke or he just *issed his pants.

Harry Beanbag
7/17/2007, 07:15 PM
Nixon thought everyone who didn't see things as he did was stupid. Seriously, he did.

Sadly, that character flaw isn't really all that uncommon.

SicEmBaylor
7/17/2007, 07:21 PM
Sadly, that character flaw isn't really all that uncommon.
Trust me, you don't have to tell me!

def_lazer_fc
7/17/2007, 08:17 PM
but wasn't thompson just acting as a tool for his administration at the time? a patsy, if you will, blindly doing what he was told?
seriously, i still don't get this thompson lovefest thing. repeat after me, thompson is NOT reagan reincarnated. yeah, he's an actor, but other than that, this dude won't even say on television what he does or does not stand for.

Tear Down This Wall
7/18/2007, 02:44 PM
Why the hell would a Libertarian masquerade as a Republican?

I don't know. Go ask Ron Paul. He's the one who got whipped running as a penny-filching libertarian, then won when he duped his way into the Republican Party.

Jimminy Crimson
7/18/2007, 03:01 PM
Are we still talking about this Obama guy?

Old news!

SicEmBaylor
7/18/2007, 04:37 PM
but wasn't thompson just acting as a tool for his administration at the time? a patsy, if you will, blindly doing what he was told?
seriously, i still don't get this thompson lovefest thing. repeat after me, thompson is NOT reagan reincarnated. yeah, he's an actor, but other than that, this dude won't even say on television what he does or does not stand for.
No, anytime you work for an administration you're a stooge. Your job is to be a stooge, and when you work at the pleasure of the President you aren't expected to go your own way.

Also, I don't give a **** what he has said on television. If the only impression someone has of him is the 15/30 second soundbites they get from TV then those are precisely the sort of people that I truly wish wouldn't vote. If you go back and read the things that Thompson has been writing for years now in op/ed pieces, editorials, etc. then it would be clear where he stands on the issues and his governing principles. If you would watch some of the good 30/60 minute interviews he's done with organizations such as the CATO Institute then you'd know even more about Thompson.

He's not Reagan re-incarnated, nobody ever will be, but he's damned sight better than everyone else in the race (ideologically) aside from Ron Paul.

SoonerBOI
7/18/2007, 04:38 PM
A muslim in disguise?

def_lazer_fc
7/18/2007, 05:25 PM
i like ron paul. dude's funny. and im not dogging on thompson, unless we're talking tommy, but i was just wondering what he was all about. or more to the point, why he's become a media darling, but yet nothing of substance is ever said about him besides the usual "he's got charisma, he 'looks' presidential, etc. i guess thats the news media for ya though. and i'm not one of those people that makes their decisions based on a couple of things. like last time around, and im not supporting kerry here, b/c he was a tool, but i overheard a coworker of mine saying she wouldn't vote for him b/c he looked french. looked! freaking ridiculous.

Big Red Ron
7/18/2007, 05:39 PM
Obama is whatever the crowd in front of him wants him to be. Like Hillary and Al Gore, he'll someday be caliming some jewish ancestry as well. It's the most predictable thing about Democrats - they'll attempt to claim as many hyphenated groups as they can. To a Democrats, it's never good enough to have been blessed enoough to be an American. They've always got be some kind of America...or kinds.bingo

Big Red Ron
7/18/2007, 05:42 PM
Why the hell would a Libertarian masquerade as a Republican? The reason

You realize that a Libertarian is just a Republican taken to it's furthest extreme, right?

def_lazer_fc
7/18/2007, 05:43 PM
to be fair though, its not like that scenario is isolated to democrats. any and every jackass running for office is trying to be something a little more than they are. whether it be blacker, whiter, tougher, more cultured, "i love jesus THIS much more than those other guys", they are all prostitutes whoring it up for votes.

SoonerBBall
7/18/2007, 05:58 PM
You realize that a Libertarian is just a Republican taken to it's furthest extreme, right?

No, it isn't. Maybe an older ideal of Republicanism, but not today's Republican.

Today's Republican and today's Democrat are quite similar. They both grandstand about bullsh*t issues that nobody should really care about while quietly (and sometimes not so quietly) suckling at the teet of whichever PAC, big business, or other donor gave them campaign money. They spend all their time trying to get re-elected and retain campaign contributions instead of actually making a difference and creating laws that keep this country on the path that made it great. Most Republican's are no longer for fiscal responsibility, greater states' rights, and maintaining the right of the individual. They are just looking to line their pockets however they can, and it is sad.

So no, I'm not an extreme Republican. I'm a Libertarian that believes that there actually is a place for a conservative that doesn't speak and act like a fool, and than use the words "God", "Jesus", or "the bible" to justify further retardation.

Big Red Ron
7/18/2007, 06:50 PM
No, it isn't. Maybe an older ideal of Republicanism, but not today's Republican.

Today's Republican and today's Democrat are quite similar. They both grandstand about bullsh*t issues that nobody should really care about while quietly (and sometimes not so quietly) suckling at the teet of whichever PAC, big business, or other donor gave them campaign money. They spend all their time trying to get re-elected and retain campaign contributions instead of actually making a difference and creating laws that keep this country on the path that made it great. Most Republican's are no longer for fiscal responsibility, greater states' rights, and maintaining the right of the individual. They are just looking to line their pockets however they can, and it is sad.

So no, I'm not an extreme Republican. I'm a Libertarian that believes that there actually is a place for a conservative that doesn't speak and act like a fool, and than use the words "God", "Jesus", or "the bible" to justify further retardation.There is a faction of so called "Christian conservatives" that have taken up our party but they are not the majority. They are, however, the majority of those that actually take the time to get involved in caucus and primary elections.

Same deal with the Democrats, the gay/lesbian/trans gender/bi-curious and race baiting poverty pimps are the ones who decide who the nominee will be.

I choose to go with the less of two evils.

Libertarians populate the Republican party in Oklahoma and other closed primary states, not the Democratic party. Just a fact.

Less government to the point of legalization of drugs is an easy example of Libertarians being extreme Repubs.

def_lazer_fc
7/18/2007, 06:57 PM
Less government to the point of legalization of drugs is an easy example of Libertarians being extreme Repubs.
and thats something we can all get behind. which reminds me..... :D

SoonerBBall
7/18/2007, 09:45 PM
There is a faction of so called "Christian conservatives" that have taken up our party but they are not the majority. They are, however, the majority of those that actually take the time to get involved in caucus and primary elections.

Same deal with the Democrats, the gay/lesbian/trans gender/bi-curious and race baiting poverty pimps are the ones who decide who the nominee will be.

I choose to go with the less of two evils.

Libertarians populate the Republican party in Oklahoma and other closed primary states, not the Democratic party. Just a fact.

Why is drug legalization the thing everyone brings up when talking about Libertarians?

As a matter of fact, I don't agree with drug legalization, but that doesn't make me a Republican. I choose to believe that maximizing individual liberties is what made this country great and what will bring this country back to greatness. That is what Libertarianism is about, it is not about letting everyone get f*cked up without consequences.

Jimminy Crimson
7/18/2007, 09:51 PM
I choose to believe that maximizing individual liberties is what made this country great and what will bring this country back to greatness.

Sounds Republican to me... :texan:

Big Red Ron
7/18/2007, 09:57 PM
Sounds Republican to me... :texan:Man, we're wasting our time here.

Vaevictis
7/18/2007, 10:10 PM
I think Rudy will get the repub nomination, anyway. The media hasn't found anything damning to lay on him yet.

So, serial adultery is okay with the Republican base now? :)

Big Red Ron
7/18/2007, 10:25 PM
So, serial adultery is okay with the Republican base now? :)Eight years of the Clintons...

Mongo
7/18/2007, 10:28 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/sex-ed-for-kind.html

Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama

I dont think this will help out any.

Vaevictis
7/18/2007, 10:30 PM
I'd be more inclined to attribute it to the typical my party/your party double standard.

Mongo
7/18/2007, 10:36 PM
que?

Vaevictis
7/18/2007, 10:38 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/sex-ed-for-kind.html

Sex Ed for Kindergarteners 'Right Thing to Do,' Says Obama

I dont think this will help out any.

Wow, I don't know if it's even possible to take what he actually said out of context any more than that.

que?

Was responding to Ron's comment about the Clintons.

Mongo
7/18/2007, 10:40 PM
Oh, okay.