PDA

View Full Version : Things that suck in the realm of football

Tear Down This Wall
7/5/2007, 11:34 AM
(1) ESPN.
(2) Baylor and Texas Tech in the Big 12.
(3) Bob Barry and Merv Johnson calling OU football.
(4) Crappy OOC games driven by the BCS.
(5) The BCS.
(6) Peripheral "coaches" on the sideline yelling at opposing teams' players.
(7) Houston Nutt.
(8) Bob Stoops' refusal to hire a real tight ends coach, a real secondary coach, and move BJW back to DE coach.
(9) D.J. Wolfe being screwed into being no more than a special teams player in 2007
(10) All teams that use any type of orange in their uniform - Texas, Tennessee, Oklahoma State, Syracuse, Auburn...they all suck it.
(11) The idea that coaches still "struggle" defending the spread offense.
(12) Professional collectors driving kids out of the autograph market.
(13) Monday Night Football.
(14) Recruiting "gurus."
(15) Sports talk radio stations.
(16) The vast majority of former players-turned-commentators/analysts/announcers.
(17) College that retire jerseys of players who are still in their 20s or who are still playing professionally.
(18) Fans that boo the crappy opposing teams when they come out of the locker room. Thousands of jerkfags will boo North Texas and Utah State. Booing Miami will be fine, but UNT and USU...yes, some of you idiots will do it.
(19) Fans that think they are at home and get up 20 times a game and disrupt everyone with their squeezing down the aisle.
(20) The dickwheels who have other people jam into my row who have tickets to a seat somewhere else in the stadium, but not in my row. Sit where your ticket is fleapenises.
(21) Thread after thread of Jared Zabransky's and Les Miles' doings and antics. They beat us. Get over it.
(22) Schools whose public address announcers say, "And, that's another first down for Flying Cheesedicks!"
(23) Celebrities on the sideline.
(24) Anyone on the sideline who isn't a coach or player.
(25) The Ruf-Neks and their stupid pre-game (and sometimes halftime and post-game) yelling at the opposing teams' players. I will cheer wildly when an opposing player one day clocks a mouthy Ruf-nek. If you're so dadgum tough and want to trash talk a football player, get your butt out of your gay outfit and try to make the football squad as a walk-on. Otherwise, stick to running queerly around the stadium and firing off your half-as*sed shotguns.

zeke
7/5/2007, 11:51 AM
Pretty good list

I'd move #22 & #7 closer to the top, probably to #1 & #2.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/5/2007, 11:54 AM
Whew! I too am tired and getting antsy waiting on the NCAA jackholes to deliver their bad news to us... but my goodness TDTW, dial back on the caffeine... ;)

yermom
7/5/2007, 11:58 AM
(1) ESPN.
(5) The BCS.
(7) Houston Nutt.
(8) Bob Stoops' refusal to hire a real tight ends coach, a real secondary coach, and move BJW back to DE coach.
(9) D.J. Wolfe being screwed into being no more than a special teams player in 2007
(10) All teams that use any type of orange in their uniform - Texas, Tennessee, Oklahoma State, Syracuse, Auburn...they all suck it.
(14) Recruiting "gurus."
(16) The vast majority of former players-turned-commentators/analysts/announcers.
(17) College that retire jerseys of players who are still in their 20s or who are still playing professionally.
(18) Fans that boo the crappy opposing teams when they come out of the locker room. Thousands of jerkfags will boo North Texas and Utah State. Booing Miami will be fine, but UNT and USU...yes, some of you idiots will do it.
(19) Fans that think they are at home and get up 20 times a game and disrupt everyone with their squeezing down the aisle.
(20) The dickwheels who have other people jam into my row who have tickets to a seat somewhere else in the stadium, but not in my row. Sit where your ticket is fleapenises.
(21) Thread after thread of Jared Zabransky's and Les Miles' doings and antics. They beat us. Get over it.
(22) Schools whose public address announcers say, "And, that's another first down for Flying Cheesedicks!"
(25) The Ruf-Neks and their stupid pre-game (and sometimes halftime and post-game) yelling at the opposing teams' players. I will cheer wildly when an opposing player one day clocks a mouthy Ruf-nek. If you're so dadgum tough and want to trash talk a football player, get your butt out of your gay outfit and try to make the football squad as a walk-on. Otherwise, stick to running queerly around the stadium and firing off your half-as*sed shotguns.

maybe you can find some pics/video of the 2004 NU game :rolleyes:

19 is right on though, geez, i'm going to start tripping people when i have to move for people during the opening kickoff. these are the same people that leave at halftime and never come back :confused:

TexasLidig8r
7/5/2007, 12:07 PM
Remove "Texas" from No. 10.. and the list is very, very compelling.

Well done Wall.

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 12:25 PM

HEH :texan:

HTown77095
7/5/2007, 12:38 PM
LOL @ #25....very funny!

LittleWingSooner
7/5/2007, 12:46 PM
Texas needs to be number 1. Outside of that I agree.

HTown77095
7/5/2007, 12:51 PM

Hit the nail on the head^^

:)

I will cheer wildly when an opposing player one day clocks a mouthy Ruf-nek.

Didn't this already happen last time Nebraska came to Norman?

Collier11
7/5/2007, 01:18 PM
(1) ESPN.
(5) The BCS.
(7) Houston Nutt.
(14) Recruiting "gurus."

#1-yes they are biased to the east coast bull crap, but I love ESPN

#3-hate to say it but absolutely have BBS retire, he is horrible

#12-YES

#15-I love sports talk radio, you are gonna have douchrockets and tools in every profession. I still enjoy having that available to me to listen to

#18-I personally dont boo the other team but i see no real big issue if you want to. What I hate is that we play the other teams fight song, that is so weak to me and I hate it!!!

#19-This is really unavoidable but the fans who are up during the game could be courteous, if it is during a play duck, if you run into me just say excuse me, if spill my beer buy me a new one

#23-I would prefer that I were on the sidelines but hey, they poney up the money so let them be there...except for mcconaghey, he is a jackazz

#25-doesnt bother me at all, ive had other fans be rude to me..it is part of the atmosphere as long as they arent being personal with their sh*t talking I dont have a problem with it

BajaOklahoma
7/5/2007, 01:29 PM
I love Bob and Merv. So what if they are getting older, they probably know more about OU football than the rest of us.
Perhaps a better idea would be to get a new play-by-play guy and keep both Bob and Merv for color.
I do worry about who will be doing play-by-play for us next - have you heard some of the other team's guys. Meh!

Tear Down This Wall
7/5/2007, 02:22 PM
I love Bob and Merv. So what if they are getting older, they probably know more about OU football than the rest of us.
Perhaps a better idea would be to get a new play-by-play guy and keep both Bob and Merv for color.
I do worry about who will be doing play-by-play for us next - have you heard some of the other team's guys. Meh!

You know what...I'd never considered that. That would be a decent idea. It would please everyone - people who want a coherent radio version of what's happening on the field, and those who simply defend the old. Bob and Merv looking for Bob's hotdog would probably barely be noticed if there was a play-by-play guy to pick up the game action. They could just goof around while the play-by-play guy worked. I like it. :)

LittleWingSooner
7/5/2007, 02:26 PM
As long as we have Merv as our color guy, I don't care about the play by play guy.

fwsooner22
7/5/2007, 02:52 PM
As I have posted here many times.........We are in the 12th spot in the BigXII in the category of radio broadcasts. I made it a point to sample a portion of each teams broadcasts. It's very simple I understood what the other 11 guys were saying.

We as fans/alums would never accept that product it if it were the team on the field or in the classroom. For some reason it's OK because it is Bob Sr. It is simply embarrassing.

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 02:54 PM
It is simply embarrassing.

Agreed.

LittleWingSooner
7/5/2007, 02:57 PM
As I have posted here many times.........We are in the 12th spot in the BigXII in the category of radio broadcasts. I made it a point to sample a portion of each teams broadcasts. It's very simple I understood what the other 11 guys were saying.

We as fans/alums would never accept that product it if it were the team on the field or in the classroom. For some reason it's OK because it is Bob Sr. It is simply embarrassing.

I don't know if we are at the top but we are better than OSU's by far. I've listened to Texas' and Nebraska's they are probably better. Baylor's was worse then BBS IMO.

TMcGee86
7/5/2007, 03:02 PM
As long as we have Merv as our color guy, I don't care about the play by play guy.

I believe the term is African-American guy nowadays.

show a little respect. ;)

mikeelikee
7/5/2007, 03:05 PM
I call BS on this list. ANY list of things that suck in the realm of football that does NOT include the horsepigs is not to be relied upon! :D

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 03:06 PM
Good point.

aurorasooner
7/5/2007, 03:13 PM
(8) Bob Stoops' refusal to hire a real tight ends coach, a real secondary coach, and move BJW back to DE coach agree, but is Bob now considered the DB's coach? Or is our coaching staff list from Soonersports.com just out of date? (BTW, I don't see Heupel on the list as QB's coach. From Soonersports.com <p>
Oklahoma Coaching Staff

Bob Stoops - Head Coach
Brent Venables - Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
Bobby Jack Wright - Defensive Ends Coach/Recruiting Coord. ******
Cale Gundy - Running Backs Coach
Jackie Shipp - Defensive Line Coach
Kevin Sumlin - Tight Ends Coach
Kevin Wilson - Offensive Line Coach/ Running Game Coor.
Merv Johnson - Director of Football Operations
Jerry Schmidt - Director of Sports EnhancementURL="http://soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/okla-m-footbl-mtt.html#coaches"]http://soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/okla-m-footbl-mtt.html#coaches[/URL]

fwsooner22
7/5/2007, 03:39 PM
I don't know if we are at the top but we are better than OSU's by far. I've listened to Texas' and Nebraska's they are probably better. Baylor's was worse then BBS IMO.

Baylor's John Morris (play by play guy/not to be confused with coach Guy Morris) is vastly superior to BB Sr. It's not even worth talking about.

Now, JJ Joe who is their color guy....well, let's just say he has issues.

Again, you are a play-by-play guy which means you have to be able to be understood....i.e. don't babble, stammer and stumble.

TexasLidig8r
7/5/2007, 03:39 PM
Ruf Neks are the best college spirit group EVER; leave them alone.

whooooppp.... whooopppp.....

http://amberandjustin.tripod.com/images/Aggies/MarkGandin%20'00.jpg

A - G - G - I - E - S .... (turn to the other side)... S - U - C - K .....

AGGGGGIIIESSSSSS... suck!! whoop whoop whoop...

These guys may disagree with that statement! :D

HateTheWhorns
7/5/2007, 03:46 PM
#10 - Orange Uniforms?

Let's not forget Boise State, Oregon State, and Florida.

Personally, I take more issue with BSU than OSU and FU.:O :O ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

LittleWingSooner
7/5/2007, 04:48 PM
Baylor's John Morris (play by play guy/not to be confused with coach Guy Morris) is vastly superior to BB Sr. It's not even worth talking about.

Now, JJ Joe who is their color guy....well, let's just say he has issues.

Again, you are a play-by-play guy which means you have to be able to be understood....i.e. don't babble, stammer and stumble.

Can't tell you the names of the guys that did the pbp for Baylor but after listening to him I'm glad we have BBSr.

fwsooner22
7/5/2007, 04:53 PM
Can't tell you the names of the guys that did the pbp for Baylor but after listening to him I'm glad we have BBSr.

UH huh..........

BigUgly
7/5/2007, 05:00 PM

FABULOUS idea. Molly Stinking Boren might even be in favor of it.

Now while we're at it, can we dump that ridulous fake-voiced PA guy and his stupid, "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiits GOOD!" call? Especially on PAT's. Drives me nuts. :mad:

AlbqSooner
7/5/2007, 07:49 PM
Bob and Merv know more about OU football than the rest of us.
Bob and Merv have forgotten more about OU football than the rest of us ever knew.
Bob has forgotten more about OU football than Merv ever knew.
Bob has forgotten almost as much about OU football as Bob ever knew.

Collier11
7/5/2007, 09:04 PM
Bob and Merv know more about OU football than the rest of us.
Bob and Merv have forgotten more about OU football than the rest of us ever knew.
Bob has forgotten more about OU football than Merv ever knew.
Bob has forgotten almost as much about OU football as Bob ever knew.

which is why he needs to go, for all that knowledge you would think he could complete a sentence or remember a name :D

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 09:44 PM
1. NCAA

2. Coaches who can't get over the fact that we're a great program, and they either couldn't cut it here, or wouldn't cut it here.

3. BCS-- everything about it is spinning out of control. Word has it they're wanting to add Jerry World as a new BCS bowl (which we don't need) after 2010.

4. Unfair treatment... USC flies, 'Bama dies. tOSU flies, OU dies. Maybe all of the cute little wannabes will shut up if their program was constantly being nit-picked for ridiculous crap like 500 phone calls over the course of 5 years (check your own yearly cell bill and tell me you don't have a lot of BS calls).

5. Orange. But that's not CFB's fault, someone just spilled yellow paint in the red can one day and you ended up with a retard color. Kinda like brown and purple.

6. ABC, for disowning CFB and letting ESPN run the show. FOX and ESPN are absolutley horrid. I don't care about golf or NASCAR when I'm watching the Sooners, and I don't like fifty commercial breaks per game, either. :mad: ABC owned college football, but they decided to be stupid and throw it away for more reality TV and dancing with the stars kinda crap.

7. People (fans) who try and compare coaches. No two teams ever face the same opponents or the same circumstances. Obsession with their own time or something... the people who can't just realize exellence for what it is.

8. Fans who lie about bad experiences with other fanbases and don't realize that they're stereotyping thousands of people just because of one drunken fan who is probably a bandwagoner anyway. You know... the people who tell you OU fans throw beer bottles at them when we don't even serve or allow alcohol at the Fock. Or the people who say they got spit on by [insert team fanbase name here] when it was raining outside and it was likely a thing called precipitation.

9. Jackasses who cry about someone else's schedule instead of proving their "greatness" themselves (Les Miles for recent example).

10. Jackasses who insult universities and their fanbases on National Television (Lester and Calahan for example).

11. Crooked officiating crews. I'd like to note that when we *lost* to a mighty PAC 10 team in 2006, a mighty PAC 10 powerhouse (need not mention names) ended up the 2nd-ranked team in the country the following Monday.

12. Facemask is illegal on defense, yet legal on offense. It is a RULE set in stone to protect your eyes and face, not some technicality to say "screw you."

13. Over 100 D-1 football programs. There are about 40 of them who should be in a 2nd division, without any 'A's that designates them as off-guards for power conferences to schedule to make themselves feel better. North Texas, Middle Tennessee State, Florida Atlantic, South Carolina A&M State Tech, Bomar Tech... you get the picture. If you build a great program, and you want to move into D-1, do so at your own risk... which leads me to #14--

14. JOIN A FARKIN' CONFERENCE TO PLAY D-1 FOOTBALL!!! The quicker the Notre Dames of this world do so, the quicker we find out how good they really are when they play solid, consistent opponents. If everyone joins a conference, you can let the conference champions slug it out in a playoff system to determine who is truly the best.

15. Ranking teams and hyping them like aTm in 2006 for beating something called The Citadel, Louisiana LaFayette, Army, Louisiana Tech, Kansas, Missouri (another overrated), Baylor, Okie Light. This much money into a program, and if they were playing someone like USC's schedule, Fran would have been fired before kickoff.

16. Calling someone a mobile threat when they run the option. DUH!!! IT'S A RUNNING OFFENSE!!! And calling someone a mobile threat when his great runnign ability is taking a direct snap and running into a pile.

17. Four years, four different positions. By the time they're a senior, you can't expect anything special out of a guy who goes from 5-star RB recruit, to converted cornerback, to converted safety, to special teams extrordinair!!! Recruit guys for what you're going to use them for, and if you're going to change them around or build them up in another way, don't do it more than once.

18. Baylor, Iowa State and Texas Tech being in a conference called the "BIG" 12. I'll give you OSU, since they often times find a way to be competitive.

utex74
7/5/2007, 10:29 PM
(1) ESPN.
(5) The BCS.
(7) Houston Nutt.

Good List. But since half my wardrobe is burnt orange I have to disagree with #10. How about just making it plain orange and that would cover everyone else! ;)

TopDawg
7/5/2007, 10:39 PM
1. Lists

AlbqSooner
7/5/2007, 10:58 PM
Actually I believe the reason for the face mask rule is to protect player's necks. The reason for the face mask is to protect their eyes and faces.

josh09
7/5/2007, 11:39 PM
funny stuff :D

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 11:44 PM
Actually I believe the reason for the face mask rule is to protect player's necks. The reason for the face mask is to protect their eyes and faces.
Still needs to go both ways, IMHO. A guy like AD or AP could hurt someone bad if he's in the heat of a run and he uses those gus to hold a linebacker off or something. It may not be intentional, it just happens. I've never liked this rule.

TopDawg
7/5/2007, 11:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a ball-carrier can't grasp a defensive player's facemask, right?

Petro-Sooner
7/6/2007, 09:44 AM
FABULOUS idea. Molly Stinking Boren might even be in favor of it.

Now while we're at it, can we dump that ridulous fake-voiced PA guy and his stupid, "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiits GOOD!" call? Especially on PAT's. Drives me nuts. :mad:

No no. I like that guy. My favorite before every game is.

Its Football tiiiiiiime in Oklahoma. :hot:

PDTsooner
7/6/2007, 11:05 AM
If BBS and Merv arn't on the radio I really don't care to listen. They are the voice of Sooner football to me.

illinisooner
7/6/2007, 11:06 AM
I gotta disagree with the orange comment, only one school can truly wear it well...looks like University of Illinois! Not sure if adding another BCS game wouldn't be bad, then deserving teams like 10-1 Wisconsin or (potentially, this season) 12-1 Hawaii wouldn't have to play in the Outback Bowl or whatever. The PA guy at the Gay is great, don't ever switch announcers!

This one deserves it's own line: Notre Dame's refusal to join a conference. Yeah I know, they make so much money with their own TV contract, blah blah blah, history, tradition, etc. Just join the Big 10, which means getting better recruits and playing against better competition, so they might actually win a bowl game. Then they wouldn't have their special BCS exemption either, but they wouldn't have to worry about that because they'd always be #2-4 in the Big 10 every year. Makes too much sense to happen.

OSUAggie
7/6/2007, 12:34 PM
Notre Dame plays weak competition...? You guys would hail your schedule as the benchmark of schedules if you played ND's schedule.

Let's just take a few examples from the past 10 years or so...

Northwestern
Purdue
Vanderbilt
@ Texas
@ Ohio State
Washington
vs. Army
USC
Boston College
Navy
@ Air Force
Florida State

@ Maryland
Purdue
Michigan
@ Michigan State
Stanford
Pitt
@Air Force
@Florida State
Boston College
vs. Navy
Rutgers
@ USC

@ BYU
Michigan
@ Michigan State
Washington
Purdue
Stanford
vs. Navy
Boston College
@ Tennessee
Pitt
@ USC

They basically play in a conference that consists of Michigan, Southern Cal, Michigan State, Purdue, Stanford, Navy and Boston College. Purdue and Stanford have fallen over the past few years, but they're typically among the "middle class" of college football with Boston College. Michigan State is an upper-middle class program while Michigan and Southern Cal are part of the elite crowd. Navy is Navy.

Then, for their 'non-conference' games, they play the likes of Miami, Florida State, Penn State, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, or any other # of high quality programs... Sure, they may compete for the commander-in-chief trophy a few times a decade, but that's no less honorable than playing North Texas, Utah State, Baylor and Tulsa in a season.

fwsooner22
7/6/2007, 01:54 PM
If BBS and Merv arn't on the radio I really don't care to listen. They are the voice of Sooner football to me.

Dude....If you just count the people with headphones at the game and compare that to where it was 15 years ago, that tells ya all ya need to know. It is a beating to follow the game with headphones and I AM AT THE GAME. Bob gets about 15% of it right. IT is SAD. Now if you are not at the game you don't really realize the havoc he is throwing down.

NS5
7/6/2007, 02:01 PM
You were wrong on #1 #2 #3 so I lost interest.

Jello Biafra
7/6/2007, 03:55 PM
so.....since we are talking about this.......how many years of eligibility DOES billy sims have left? i mean, i know ive heard him bust at least 5 20+ yard runs in the last 10 years.......

Jello Biafra
7/6/2007, 03:56 PM
Good List. But since half my wardrobe is burnt orange I have to disagree with #10. How about just making it plain orange and that would cover everyone else! ;)

so when is your parole date? or do you purposely wear burnt orange?

snp
7/6/2007, 04:27 PM
This one deserves it's own line: Notre Dame's refusal to join a conference. Yeah I know, they make so much money with their own TV contract, blah blah blah, history, tradition, etc. Just join the Big 10, which means getting better recruits and playing against better competition, so they might actually win a bowl game. Then they wouldn't have their special BCS exemption either, but they wouldn't have to worry about that because they'd always be #2-4 in the Big 10 every year. Makes too much sense to happen.

As a ND fan, you are wrong.

Vaevictis
7/6/2007, 04:27 PM
Notre Dame's schedule isn't the problem. It's the fact that they get ranked really highly even in years when they don't beat any of the upper teams on their schedule.

Think about 2005, for example. Top 10(ish) finish, lost their bowl game, with their signature wins being Michigan (which was 7-5) and Navy (8-4), both of which were unranked.

No other team gets fellated by the media like Notre Dame.

Collier11
7/6/2007, 04:32 PM
notre dame should be forced to join a conf and if not, no BCS! I dont give a sh*t about NBC contracts or anything else. Those are the rules that 99% of the rest of the schools play under

snp
7/6/2007, 04:38 PM
With the new BCS rules, it's not quite the cakewalk for ND to land in a BCS game anymore.

Seamus
7/6/2007, 04:44 PM
1. Lists

Heh. :cool:

Dio
7/6/2007, 05:08 PM
If John Brooks ain't on the radio I really don't care to listen. He is the voice of Sooner football to me. Jeeeeeeeeeeeminy Christmas!

fixed

illinisooner
7/6/2007, 05:09 PM
As a ND fan, you are wrong.

Oh, but I'm not a ND fan.

OklahomaSooners
7/6/2007, 06:27 PM
(1) ESPN.
(5) The BCS.
(7) Houston Nutt.
(14) Recruiting "gurus."

My goodness, is there anything you do like? lol

LRoss
7/6/2007, 06:54 PM
I would actually pay to go to a game where #22 happened regularly. My laughter would never cease.

In principle I agree though, it's pretty annoying.

oumartin
7/6/2007, 07:15 PM
#26 so called fans that think their opinion matters and make lists on a football board.

GrapevineSooner
7/6/2007, 07:48 PM

show a little respect. ;)

He said Color.

Not ColorED. ;)

goingoneight
7/6/2007, 08:55 PM
To OSUAggie's Notre Dame comment... Really, how often do they return the favor for home-and-home agreements?

snp
7/6/2007, 09:53 PM
Oh, but I'm not a ND fan.

I am, hence why I said you were wrong.

Tear Down This Wall
7/9/2007, 11:29 AM
I would actually pay to go to a game where #22 happened regularly. My laughter would never cease.

In principle I agree though, it's pretty annoying.

Go to a Kansas State game. It's like their "Boomer Sooner."

OSUAggie
7/9/2007, 11:37 AM
To OSUAggie's Notre Dame comment... Really, how often do they return the favor for home-and-home agreements?

Whenever they feel like it. They're more powerful than anyone else, so they don't have to do anything.

OSUAggie
7/9/2007, 11:38 AM
Go to a Kansas State game. It's like their "Boomer Sooner."

Don't they play Wabash Cannonball more than their fight song?

Tear Down This Wall
7/9/2007, 11:53 AM
My goodness, is there anything you do like? lol

Yes:

(1) Networks that don't include hours of inane commentary before and after the games. Show the game, then move onto another game. It's Saturday, show football, not three paid as*ses spouting off their opinions of what might happen or what just happened. No one cares. Just show the next game. In the interim show more highlights of other games. Timewasting jackholes.
(2) The Big 8 and the Southwest Conference as separate entities.
(3) Coherent radio broadcasts of football games.
(4) Old scheduling with home and homes with USC, Ohio State, and the like.
(5) Playoffs.
(6) Peripheral personnel who know their places and roles and stay within them.
(7) Urban Meyer.
(8) Jonathan Hayes coaching the tight ends, Mike Stoops coaching the corners, and BJW coaching the defensive ends.
(9) Signing enough corners so you don't have to waste high school All-American tailbacks' careers.
(10) Teams with red and white home uniforms (with no trace of black on it anywhere) - Alabama, Arkansas without Houston Nutt.
(11) Games that don't feature dozens of incomplete passes by crappy teams who are "implementing the new (30 year old) spread offense."
(12) Kids being able to walk up to their heroes and get autographs without paying a fee.
(13) Old Monday Night Football on ABC with the Halftime Highlights.
(14) Not reading too much into what 17- and 18-year old kids do and say.
(15) Talk radio that mixes in a little sports.
(16) Al Michaels.
(17) Only retiring jerseys of people who really make an significant impact - on and off the field. Think Prentice Gautt, Bob Kalsu, or Don Key, for example.
(18) Nebraska's fans.
(19) People who come prepared to sit and watch a three to four hour football game.
(20) People who sit at the section, row, and seat printed on their tickets.
(21) Doing like Bob Stoops does - admitting defeat when it occurs, then moving on with life.
(22) PA guys who don't treat first downs like touchdowns.
(23) As far as sideline media: cameramen, photgraphers, and a couple of commentators only.
(24) As for the schools, coaches and players on the sideline only.
(25) Spirit groups who are classy and don't implant themselves into the pre- and post-game. Cheerleaders and Pom Squads, for example.

Tear Down This Wall
7/9/2007, 11:57 AM
Don't they play Wabash Cannonball more than their fight song?

I believe so. I've only been up their once. Many places in this world are okay to visit just once. Aggieville/The Little Apple is one of them.

Collier11
7/9/2007, 12:39 PM
Yes:

(1) Networks that don't include hours of inane commentary before and after the games. Show the game, then move onto another game. It's Saturday, show football, not three paid as*ses spouting off their opinions of what might happen or what just happened. No one cares. Just show the next game. In the interim show more highlights of other games. Timewasting jackholes.
(2) The Big 8 and the Southwest Conference as separate entities.
(3) Coherent radio broadcasts of football games.
(4) Old scheduling with home and homes with USC, Ohio State, and the like.
(5) Playoffs.
(6) Peripheral personnel who know their places and roles and stay within them.
(7) Urban Meyer.
(8) Jonathan Hayes coaching the tight ends, Mike Stoops coaching the corners, and BJW coaching the defensive ends.
(9) Signing enough corners so you don't have to waste high school All-American tailbacks' careers.
(10) Teams with red and white home uniforms (with no trace of black on it anywhere) - Alabama, Arkansas without Houston Nutt.
(11) Games that don't feature dozens of incomplete passes by crappy teams who are "implementing the new (30 year old) spread offense."
(12) Kids being able to walk up to their heroes and get autographs without paying a fee.
(13) Old Monday Night Football on ABC with the Halftime Highlights.
(14) Not reading too much into what 17- and 18-year old kids do and say.
(15) Talk radio that mixes in a little sports.
(16) Al Michaels.
(17) Only retiring jerseys of people who really make an significant impact - on and off the field. Think Prentice Gautt, Bob Kalsu, or Don Key, for example.
(18) Nebraska's fans.
(19) People who come prepared to sit and watch a three to four hour football game.
(20) People who sit at the section, row, and seat printed on their tickets.
(21) Doing like Bob Stoops does - admitting defeat when it occurs, then moving on with life.
(22) PA guys who don't treat first downs like touchdowns.
(23) As far as sideline media: cameramen, photgraphers, and a couple of commentators only.
(24) As for the schools, coaches and players on the sideline only.
(25) Spirit groups who are classy and don't implant themselves into the pre- and post-game. Cheerleaders and Pom Squads, for example.

move on brotha, move on!!!

TexasLidig8r
7/9/2007, 01:07 PM
Testify sir.. testify!!!

Add these to your "like" list...

A. The Texas - OU game played at the Cotton Bowl the second Saturday in October.. as God and nature intended.

B. Football games played on natural grass.

C. College bands playing before games and at halftime.

4. The Star Spangled Banner sung acapella before each game.

sooner rick
7/9/2007, 05:00 PM
I got to agree with you on #19!!

Fastlane
7/9/2007, 06:51 PM
Testify sir.. testify!!!

A. The Texas - OU game played at the Cotton Bowl the second Saturday in October.. as God and nature intended.

Impressive counting skills. Obviously acquired attending that fine institution of yours. :D

SoonerStormchaser
7/9/2007, 07:05 PM
You left this off your list...
http://www.brendanloy.com/blog/images/corso-penis.jpg

goingoneight
7/9/2007, 09:37 PM
Testify sir.. testify!!!

:confused:

47straight
7/9/2007, 11:07 PM
Testify sir.. testify!!!

A. i. With Texas in the North half, OU in the south half, and no curtains on the tunnel... as God and nature intended.

C. i. and after the games too.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/10/2007, 12:44 AM

show a little respect. ;)Isn't it "person of color"?

Tear Down This Wall
7/10/2007, 09:19 AM
I got to agree with you on #19!!

Dude, in 1998 I had them move our season tickets to the middle of the row. I figured then, people wouldn't be stepping over us. But...

...I'll be damn if people still don't step over us, taking the longer route out of the row! Crazy.

Also, people who leave in the middle of a play or series. Come on, man. If you're going to p*ss off a whole row of people, at least wait until a change of possession.

EXCEPTION: Kansas' 1995, 22-play drive that consumed probably half a quarter. If someone is driving that long, and converting that many fourth downs (I believe they converted four in that drive alone, including the drive-capping TD pass), you are free to get up and go vomit.