PDA

View Full Version : 10 years from now how bad is the terrorism issue?

soonervegas
7/5/2007, 11:10 AM
I am curious on people's opinions.

My personal one is that I think it is like cancer that is spreading throughout Western civilization. It isn't one country or one dictator.

Up until last week I really thought terrorism was limited to poor, uneducated Muslims who were being manipulated by Al Qaeda. The whole terrorist Doctor issue has given me a different perspective.

Is there something we can do to turn the tide of extremism?

yermom
7/5/2007, 11:11 AM
some of the 9-11 terrorists had master's degrees, i believe

slickdawg
7/5/2007, 11:20 AM
I am curious on people's opinions.

My personal one is that I think it is like cancer that is spreading throughout Western civilization. It isn't one country or one dictator.

Up until last week I really thought terrorism was limited to poor, uneducated Muslims who were being manipulated by Al Qaeda. The whole terrorist Doctor issue has given me a different perspective.

Is there something we can do to turn the tide of extremism?

No. Every religion has its extremists. The Muslim extremists, which seem to make up 90% of their followers, are very willing to die for their beliefs to kill "infidels". They are taught to hate Israel and America from birth, and brainwashed to give up their lives for the infamous 72 virgins.

10 years from now, we'll be lucky not to have another terrorist attack on the US.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/5/2007, 11:36 AM
10 years from now, if we don't figure out that we gotta cut off the head of this madness, the hate spewing clerics that are programming these bomb-toting sponges, we're in for some deep shiite.

We gotta quit being cute with these jackasses. About the time some clown like Al Sadr pops off with the whole death to America schpiel, dying for Allah, bros before hos and all that, a .50 cal enters his forehead. Once this starts happening large scale, where not just terror groups but the programming of these terror monkeys is forced underground, then we'll be somewhere. Until it happens, though...

Get ready for a bumpy ride.

TopDaugIn2000
7/5/2007, 11:38 AM
10 years from now, we'll all be wearing bee keeper suits if this doesn't stop

Tear Down This Wall
7/5/2007, 11:43 AM
Terrorist attacks will go on until we elect people with balls. Unfortunately, those with money enough to run these days have no balls. Therefore, we're pretty much screwed.

So, get used to terrorists attacks followed quickly by the mealy-mouth press and politicians telling us not to "jump to conclusions" about the source.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/5/2007, 11:46 AM
We must be wary not to elect any Christians, including Mormons. As those of us on the left have known for years, they will legislate tyrannical acts of moral behaviour, and thwart our "god"-given right to do anything the hell we please, except for public displays of any belief in a Judeo-Christian God. Then, and only then, will this country be on the right path.

yermom
7/5/2007, 11:48 AM
finally something i can agree with Bill

Tear Down This Wall
7/5/2007, 11:50 AM
Not that his belief are either here or there to me, but Romney is a tool no matter what his religion is. Take out the money he gave himself last quarter and McCain outdid him in true fundraising. Trying to buy the presidency is sick, and the illness has a name: Perot-Romneyism. Michael Bloomberg is about to catch it.

7/5/2007, 11:51 AM
finally something i can agree with BillI thought you might like that.

yermom
7/5/2007, 11:52 AM
i'd rather someone fund themselves than be someone's bitch for money...

not that i have any real opinion on Romney either way

TexasSooner01
7/5/2007, 11:54 AM
It is not a matter of "IF it will happen" it is a matter of "WHEN". I just choose not to think about it and live my life to the fullest everyday. THere is really no way of stopping every attack.

Who knows 10-20 years from now we may all be living Red Dawn type lives...

7/5/2007, 11:57 AM
i'd rather someone fund themselves than be someone's bitch for money...
Omygawd, you've said something I can agree with.

Harry Beanbag
7/5/2007, 04:28 PM
I've heard the world is coming to an end on December 21, 2012, so I don't think we'll have to worry about terrorism in ten years.

7/5/2007, 04:31 PM
I've heard the world is coming to an end on December 21, 2012, so I don't think we'll have to worry about terrorism in ten years.What details of the impending doom did you hear?

Turd_Ferguson
7/5/2007, 05:23 PM
It might start with "horns blowing from the four corners of the earth".

yermom
7/5/2007, 05:25 PM
It might start with "wh0rns blowing from the four corners of the earth".

i think it may have already started :eek:

MamaMia
7/5/2007, 05:34 PM
Lets just hope we still have issues, instead of ashes.

royalfan5
7/5/2007, 05:56 PM
What details of the impending doom did you hear?
That's the end of the Mayan Calender.

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2007, 06:01 PM
The threat from China will be much much greater than the threat of terrorism 10 years from now. We have a greater chance of an actual attack coming from terrorists of course, but the size of the threat in terms of actual potential damage to our country is far far outweighed by China.

yermom
7/5/2007, 06:05 PM
that's what i'm thinking... even if we find alternative fuels, we are still dependent on them for cheap crap

Wal-Mart is probably singlehandedly going to do us in ;)

7/5/2007, 06:12 PM
that's what i'm thinking... even if we find alternative fuels, we are still dependent on them for cheap crap

American buying habits are probably singlehandedly going to do us in ;)Qick start your own Wal-Mart, so you can cash in before THE END!

Scott D
7/5/2007, 06:28 PM
The threat from China will be much much greater than the threat of terrorism 10 years from now. We have a greater chance of an actual attack coming from terrorists of course, but the size of the threat in terms of actual potential damage to our country is far far outweighed by China.

clearly China wants to remind us of that, which is why they've poisoned our pets ;)

yermom
7/5/2007, 06:29 PM
and our toothpaste, etc...

soonerhubs
7/5/2007, 06:31 PM
Fred Thompson may be the Man we need to run the place. Not that Mormon punk Romney. ;)

Scott D
7/5/2007, 06:32 PM
we now go to our agricultural economist royalfan5 in the field...royalfan...

Mjcpr
7/5/2007, 06:34 PM
I think it's just a fad.

royalfan5
7/5/2007, 06:43 PM
we now go to our agricultural economist royalfan5 in the field...royalfan...
Ethanol is still a dumb idea, and celluose has significant logistical issues even if the technology is there. We are causing the Chinese problems because our ethanol policy is driving up the cost of pork, of which they eat a lot of. Wheat stocks are a 26 year low, and we export much of our production to the Middle East...back to you Scott...

soonerhubs
7/5/2007, 06:47 PM
Kearney seems like a nice area... Just sayin.

OklahomaTuba
7/6/2007, 12:02 AM
It depends.

If we run away from Iraq, then we will have given AQ a chance to take control of a nation with trillions in oil potential. Afganistan will be nothing compared to a taliban like state in Iraq.

China doesn't scare me as much as Iran & Venezuela do. They could really make life hard for all of us if they decide to slow down the flow of hydrocarbons.

And if China gives us any ****, then we can just stop importing their crap. They need us a HELL of a lot more than we need them. We can build our cheap crap someplace else, and we can find someone else to buy our debt.

Okieflyer
7/6/2007, 06:46 AM
Not bad at all. Because you will either be headless and dead or bowing 7 times a day to the east.

yermom
7/6/2007, 07:05 AM
there are way too many hillbillys with guns for that to happen

Okieflyer
7/6/2007, 07:30 AM
there are way too many hillbillys with guns for that to happen

Good point!:O