PDA

View Full Version : Has To Be One Of The Saddest Stories I've Heard!

Okieflyer
7/5/2007, 07:35 AM
This is just Sad, makes you sick to your stomach.

Canadian girl admits to stabbing her eight-year-old brother (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070704174612.ttq7ae2c&show_article=1)

A Canadian teen accused of murdering her family told a hushed courtroom she stabbed her eight-year-old brother, but her much older boyfriend slit the child's throat, said reports Wednesday.
The girl, who cannot be identified under Canadian law, told a jury in little more than a whisper that her boyfriend, Jeremy Steinke, had killed her parents and then ordered her to stab the little boy, said the daily Globe and Mail.

"He yells at me, 'Stab him, just stab him! Slit his throat!"' she testified.

"I said, 'I can't, I can't,' and he said, 'You have to. I did this for you."'

The jury in Medicine Hat, Alberta heard over and over that the girl, now 13, had regularly talked about killing her parents, but did not mean it.

Prosecutors said she was angry that her parents had grounded her in an attempt to cool her relationship with 23-year-old Steinke.

According to the Globe and Mail, the girl testified her brother pleaded with her for his life, saying, "I'm scared. I'm too young to die."

She said she stabbed him once with a kitchen knife "somewhere on his upper body," but could not do anything more, the paper said.

The girl claimed that angered Steinke, who was covered in her parents' blood and panting on that fateful night in April 2006, so he grabbed the boy and slit his throat.

Unable to watch, she heard her brother trying to breathe, she said, weeping on the stand. "He was gurgling."

The girl also admitted to having sex with Steinke in his trailer after sneaking out of the house one week before the slayings, and again in a friend's apartment while her family lay dead, hours before their bodies were discovered by her brother's playmate peering through a basement window.

"I loved him so much. I thought it would bring us closer together," she explained.

Steinke faces three charges of first-degree murder in the killings, but has not yet entered a plea and no trial date has been set.

OUHOMER
7/5/2007, 07:40 AM
WOW very sad, Does Canada have capital punishment?

Okieflyer
7/5/2007, 07:42 AM

No I think they have to cross the boarder and stand in line here.:D

Hamhock
7/5/2007, 08:11 AM

not sure.

I'm just glad they don't have firearms there. Someone could have really been hurt.

Boomer.....
7/5/2007, 08:21 AM
This just goes to show how ****ed up society is.

KABOOKIE
7/5/2007, 09:18 AM
Gun laws are pretty strict there too.

XingTheRubicon
7/5/2007, 10:01 AM
not sure.

I'm just glad they don't have firearms there. Someone could have really been hurt.

They have about 1/30th the murder rate we do, but excellent point nonetheless.

Hamhock
7/5/2007, 10:14 AM
They have about 1/30th the murder rate we do, but excellent point nonetheless.

1/30th?

stoopified
7/5/2007, 10:20 AM
Horrific describes that story more so than sad.

Scott D
7/5/2007, 10:27 AM
1/30th?

well consider that the US population is just over 301 million*, and the population of Canada is 33 million. the 1/30th isn't that much of a stretch.

(*= legal population)

Hamhock
7/5/2007, 10:37 AM
well consider that the US population is just over 301 million*, and the population of Canada is 33 million. the 1/30th isn't that much of a stretch.

(*= legal population)

my fault for assuming he meant per capita.
i bet Lichtenstein has a really low murder rate.

KABOOKIE
7/5/2007, 10:39 AM
not sure.

:confused: As opposed to being dead?

Scott D
7/5/2007, 10:42 AM
my fault for assuming he meant per capita.
i bet Lichtenstein has a really low murder rate.

well the per capita is playing with two vastly different sized pools. Even then, the murder rate in Canada is astoundingly low. More of that has to do with the fact that they have 1/10th the population size occupying easily more space than in the USA.

Hamhock
7/5/2007, 10:51 AM
:confused: As opposed to being dead?

quit trying to ignore the role that guns and their manufacturers played in these tragic deaths.