PDA

View Full Version : Best Fireworks Display...

Soonerus
7/4/2007, 10:48 PM
...I'll put Belmar Golf Club's in Norman against any...unbelieveable...members, guests and several tour buses watching this year's awesome show....amazing...a must see...

GottaHavePride
7/4/2007, 10:51 PM
Meh. I've been to Epcot.

Oh, and the year at OU's graduation when they set all the fireworks off really fast because there was a storm moving in? That was the only one I've seen that's even come close. :D

Soonerus
7/4/2007, 10:56 PM
I was thinking of Oklahoma, I saw a display in Europe last year that was maybe the best evar...but on a local basis I'll put Belmar against any...I have also seen Disney....

GrapevineSooner
7/4/2007, 11:41 PM
Definitely not Trophy Club.

Same damn lame fireworks display year after year.

Soonrboy
7/4/2007, 11:46 PM
city of normans were kind of bleh

Soonerus
7/5/2007, 12:43 AM
Belmar is the real deal....

Rhino
7/5/2007, 12:51 AM
city of normans were kind of bleh Agreed. Next year, we'll go back to see Yukon's again.

Soonerus
7/5/2007, 01:09 AM
Agreed. Next year, we'll go back to see Yukon's again.

Go to Belmar in Norman...closer...

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 01:22 AM
Keifer was outstanding the last two years, yesterday it was teh succ. I was depressed after that bullcrap "show" that was supposed to "top all previous years' shows." :mad:

AlbqSooner
7/5/2007, 06:13 AM
Downtown St. Petersburg, Florida - Fireworks over Tampa Bay with the Florida Orchestra playing Sousa marches - 40 Minutes of fireworks with a finale that covers the sky from left to right.

I have seen Epcot's - St. Pete tops it.

colleyvillesooner
7/5/2007, 07:58 AM
Fireworks, in general, are WAAY overrated...

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2007, 08:08 AM
the Rangers put on a decent show at the ball park last nite

colleyvillesooner
7/5/2007, 08:43 AM
you talking about the game or the fireworks? :D

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2007, 08:47 AM
both! they beat the angels the second straight nite and then had a good fireworks show

Mjcpr
7/5/2007, 08:48 AM
Can anyone tell me if Rus is a member at Belmar? TIA

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2007, 08:50 AM
Can anyone tell me if Rus is a member at Belmar? TIA

heh :)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/5/2007, 09:25 AM
both! they beat the angels the second straight nite and then had a good fireworks showDid they keep Jamey in long enough to get another win?

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2007, 09:35 AM
yep, he pitched pretty well.....got the W, gave up 2 runs on 4 ground ball singles that just found a hole in the infield....it was a quality start

MamaMia
7/5/2007, 09:52 AM
When the kids were growing up we would take them to the ball game at the OKC Fairgrounds almost every Independence Day. The race track and the ball field would have their fireworks shows simultaneously. Do they still do that?

TexasLidig8r
7/5/2007, 10:31 AM
Fireworks, in general, are WAAY overrated...

Why... oh WHY.. do you hate fireworks, and the 4th of July and AMERICA!!! by GOD??!!!

SteelClip49
7/5/2007, 10:31 AM
best fireworks display every year is at UCO in Edmond.

Now, the fireworks display after the 2005 graduation in Norman in the stadium was unexpected and shockingly impressive; I watched from the 3rd floor balcony of the Wilkinson House.

Flagstaffsooner
7/5/2007, 10:39 AM
Williams, AZ had a little extra this year.

Williams fireworks canceled after igniting woodlands
Spectators at the city of Williams Fourth of July fireworks display went home early Wednesday but perhaps not disappointed after the fireworks ignited three spot fires five minutes into the show. The show was immediately canceled and firefighters from the city of Williams and the Kaibab National Forest were dispatched to attack the blazes.
Two were put out within minutes, but a third, dubbed the Fourth Fire, had consumed about a half-acre as of 10:30 p.m., said Jackie Denk, a spokeswoman for the national forest.
Denk said about 50 firefighters were fighting the blaze, which began in pinyon-juniper north of Interstate 40 on city property but soon spread to ponderosa pine on the national forest.
The fireworks were launched at the city wastewater treatment plant near the settling ponds, despite a fire danger of "extreme" on the Kaibab.
Similar conditions caused the Flagstaff fireworks show to be canceled.
But a Williams chamber of commerce official had said earlier in the week he believed it was safe to go forward with the fireworks show because all local firefighters would be on hand to fight spot fires if they were to occur.
Denk said she expected lower nighttime temperatures to help firefighters with containment of the Fourth Fire. They were due to remain at the scene all night.
HOT ALL ACROSS STATE
Williams may have been ablaze, but it was hardly the state's hot spot on Independence Day. Phoenix hit 116 degrees, but that was, at best, only Arizona's second-warmest reading Wednesday.
Try Bullhead City, 122 degrees. Lake Havasu City was forecast to hit 119 but didn't report, the National Weather Service said. Yuma reached 114.
Tucson was a cool 110, Sedona 108.
Flagstaff's 96-degree high set a new record for July 4, breaking the old record of 94 set in 1985. Yesterday's high came within one degree of the city's all-time high of 97 degrees, which was set July 5, 1973.
Across much of the state, an excessive heat warning issued by the National Weather Service remained in effect all day, even as Arizonans tried to blow off some steam -- outdoors and in.
"We've been trying to hit it pretty hard this week as far as getting the message out," said Leslie Waneck, a meteorologist in the service's Phoenix office.
"If you can, stay indoors and avoid being outdoors for prolonged periods of time," she said. "Stay hydrated."
Waneck noted that alcoholic beverages and even sodas, consumed in great quantities, can be extremely dehydrating. She advised lathering up with sunscreen "and try to stay in the shade; better yet, stay indoors."
Fire behavior analysts have issued a dangerous fire behavior advisory, warning of an increased risk level for fires to burn rapidly and with an intensity that could compromise the ability of firefighters to suppress them.
Fire restrictions in effect
Fire restrictions remained in effect for most of Arizona's national forests and many other state and federal recreational areas; the state is experiencing critically low levels of moisture in live plants, such as leaves and needles -- potential fuel in fires.
There are also above-average to heavy amounts of fine fuel, such as dried grasses, and localized areas of dead brush, Ken Palmrose, a fire interagency spokesman, said in a release.
The extreme heat and low humidity forced officials in Flagstaff to cancel the city's annual fireworks show for a second year in a row.
They feared that sparks from the display, combined with breezy conditions in the record heat, might trigger a fire in the tinder-dry Coconino National Forest.
The extreme heat was not causing any added headaches on the state's highways, a Department of Public Safety spokesman said.
But another illegal immigrant death was reported late Tuesday in the desert southwest of Sells on the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation -- the fourth since Friday, U.S. Border Patrol spokesman Jesus "Chuy" Rodriguez said.
The latest presumed heat-related victim was a Mexican man, he said.
Arizona, which has more illegal immigrants cross than along any other point of the border with Mexico, has recorded more than 120 desert deaths since the start of the current fiscal year Oct. 1.
"A lot of the smugglers are giving what we're calling a 'triple-stacker,"' Rodriguez said. "An ephedrine-type pill, aspirin and an energy drink. It's all caffeine, and it's dehydrating. Somebody said it's like a triple dose of caffeine.
"Walking with all this intense heat and caffeine accelerates their body core temperature, so that makes it even worse. And most carry only one gallon of water."
"We want to let people know, we don't want you to cross, but if you're going to cross, this is what you're facing," he said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Hamhock
7/5/2007, 10:54 AM
Belmar is the real deal....

i heard they sunk a lot of money in the fireworks show because the rest of their club sucked.

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 11:41 AM
Duck Cove, I believe is the name, on Grand Lake. Just got back from there. From what I understnad its over $100,000 in fireworks. All from donations. I was told that from some publication its one of the top 10 in America. For whatever thats worth. All set to music. They ended with Oklahoma songs because of the centenial. It was really really cool. I was definatly impressed. Around dust 4 f-16s came flying through the cove pretty low which drew cheers from everyone on the lake. Then they came back through one each flying through with afterburns going. In the middle of the cove they would shoot straight up. These things were seriously moving. The big thing was the sound that echoed over the lake. Amasing. I was thinking. I'm glad they are on our side.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/5/2007, 01:38 PM
When the kids were growing up we would take them to the ball game at the OKC Fairgrounds almost every Independence Day. The race track and the ball field would have their fireworks shows simultaneously. Do they still do that?Since there is no more ballpark there, I'm guessing not. Unless it is hillbillies shooting them off illegally.

MamaMia
7/5/2007, 01:47 PM
Since there is no more ballpark there, I'm guessing not. Unless it is hillbillies shooting them off illegally. Did they build anything else there?

Paperclip
7/5/2007, 02:34 PM
It's a paved parking lot.

Boomer.....
7/5/2007, 02:58 PM
Duck Cove, I believe is the name, on Grand Lake. Just got back from there. From what I understnad its over $100,000 in fireworks. All from donations. I was told that from some publication its one of the top 10 in America. For whatever thats worth. All set to music. They ended with Oklahoma songs because of the centenial. It was really really cool. I was definatly impressed. Around dust 4 f-16s came flying through the cove pretty low which drew cheers from everyone on the lake. Then they came back through one each flying through with afterburns going. In the middle of the cove they would shoot straight up. These things were seriously moving. The big thing was the sound that echoed over the lake. Amasing. I was thinking. I'm glad they are on our side.
I heard about that one being the largest in Oklahoma. Would have loved to have gone but I didn't want to make the drive.

Petro-Sooner
7/5/2007, 03:01 PM
Thats what the radio announcers said. I was glad I got invited up for the holiday. :D

Soonerus
7/5/2007, 09:56 PM
i heard they sunk a lot of money in the fireworks show because the rest of their club sucked.

Have you been their lately, great new facilities and golf course improvements....very nice...

Mongo
7/5/2007, 10:16 PM
Have you been their lately, great new facilities and golf course improvements....very nice...

I prefer Bushwood

TopDawg
7/5/2007, 10:23 PM
The one at Reeaves Park was about the same as I remember it in the past. I could also see the one at the Trails.

I guess those are the only two in Norman.

TopDawg
7/5/2007, 10:24 PM
best fireworks display every year is at UCO in Edmond.

I've seen that one twice. It's my favorite around here. There's plenty of space for everyone too. You can make a pretty fun afternoon/evening of it out there.

proud gonzo
7/6/2007, 09:30 AM
Meh. I've been to Epcot.

Oh, and the year at OU's graduation when they set all the fireworks off really fast because there was a storm moving in? That was the only one I've seen that's even come close. :Di agree.

Hamhock
7/6/2007, 09:33 AM

i heard the members are pricks.

StoopTroup
7/7/2007, 02:49 AM
Here's a couple of nice displays. The 2nd one is NSFW.

KaBlewy (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/26394)

KaBang (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/3698/)