PDA

View Full Version : My Dog Hates Fireworks

Rogue
7/4/2007, 03:00 PM
For a "German" Shepherd he's pretty patriotic. Loves him some hamburgers, hot dogs, swimming pools, the whole 9 yards, but not fireworks. Poor old (11) guy gets pretty neurotic this time of year and usually destroys something between him and where he wants to get (outside the fence, inside the house, whatever) to feel safe. Lately it's been the siding on the house. We've replaced it a few times, tried to barricade it off which was working until every kid in suburbia was armed with 600 pounds of gunpowder this week. So Mrs. Rogue went to the vet and got him a supply of doggie xanax or something. Mellows him right out. Like giving Olevet a Natty when he's riled up about something or the other. Why didn't we discover this years ago?

Between his pain pills for his joints and his "nerve pills" the old guy is helping to support big pharma all by himself.

BajaOklahoma
7/4/2007, 03:12 PM
Apparently fireworks are the number one cause for lost dogs.

olevetonahill
7/4/2007, 05:39 PM
I tear the sidin off houses also to get away from that crap .
I dont Mind the Boombooms If Im settin em of or Know they are be close .
The really close shat that I dont expect Sets Me off so bad a 12er of Natty wont work .:O

Shamrock
7/5/2007, 12:10 AM
My dogs barked all evening and my cows stood in a circle protecting their calves.

Apparently, bovines dislike fireworks as much as canines.