PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Hill (Cardinal Mooney) Linebacker

bprao5
7/4/2007, 02:34 PM
Got this from scout.com (hope this is not illegal or anything)

The Stoops family connection at Cardinal Mooney High School looks like it could pay huge dividends this season as outside linebacker Taylor Hill recently informed Scout.com that Oklahoma is the current leader for his services, followed by LSU to round out his top two. This 6-foot-2, 205-pound defender will make a trip to Norman sometime in the next few weeks and plans to have a decision ready shortly thereafter.

“Right now Oklahoma and LSU are my top two schools, but Oklahoma is definitely my top choice at this point,” Hill said. “I haven’t been to Oklahoma yet, so I am going to talk to the coaching staff and set up a date this month to go out and take everything in and after that I would like to have my decision made by the first week of August at the very latest.”

“Coach (Brent) Venables recruits me for Oklahoma and we talk pretty often about all kinds of things,” Hill stated. “He is a cool guy and I like him a lot because he has a great attitude and from what I have heard from our coaching staff he has a coaching style that I could really thrive in. I also have spoken to Head Coach (Bob) Stoops twice and he just told me that he thought I would fit in best at outside linebacker in their scheme and thinks that I could see playing time pretty early there. We run the same defense that Oklahoma does and while I play defensive end now I see myself fitting in best playing strong side linebacker in the future. It would be very similar to what I play now as I do stand up and play the flats a lot and I think the learning curve at Oklahoma would be smaller then any other school because of that familiarity with the schemes.”

Hill talked about what he looks forward to discovering on his visit to Norman later this month as well as what else he sees in the Sooner program that attracts him to it. While he is familiar with the athletic side of things at Oklahoma, academics will be one of the biggest priorities to learn about on his visit.

“I need to look into the academic side of things on my visi because I don’t know much about them in that respect and want to get into business management because after speaking with my counselor at school I think that would give me the broad base I am looking for to give me options after football,” Hill explained. “Obviously the ties to Youngstown that Oklahoma has let me know that the coaches there will take care of me and Oklahoma is a program that doesn’t have ups and downs, but keeps a steady level of winning football going. I am just excited to get out there and see in person what I have been hearing so much about from our staff. We definitely are not being pressured to go to Oklahoma, but obviously Coach Stoops would be happy to see it happen. Like I said, I want to decide by the end of this month, so I could end up committing while I am on the visit depending on how things go.”

“I also like LSU a lot, however I am not nearly as familiar with their program as I am with Oklahoma,” Hill stated. “Obviously they have a great tradition of winning and although I only really caught a few games this year it was crazy watching them beat Notre Dame in the bowl game. Coach (Bo) Pelini recruits me for LSU and seems like a real good guy, so I like them as well.”

As a junior, Hill registered 98 tackles and had 12 sacks for Cardinal Mooney. He holds a 2.9 core GPA in the classroom and scored an 18 on his ACT test which he will re-take in the fall.

While Hill states that he does have a top two at this point, when speaking with him it did seem that Oklahoma holds a sizable lead in this race due to his familiarity with the program and his lack of in depth knowledge of the Tigers. While either choice would obviously put Hill into an excellent football program the smart money would probably be on the Sooners to win out for

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/4/2007, 02:52 PM
How many more schollys do we have available for '08?

insuranceman_22
7/5/2007, 01:22 AM
I read that on Scout. Cardinal Mooney will have an awesome team this year. They've got about 4 big D1 prospects and several others (not major college) that will be on the field this year.

TripleOption14
7/5/2007, 06:56 AM
I read that on Scout. Cardinal Mooney will have an awesome team this year. They've got about 4 big D1 prospects and several others (not major college) that will be on the field this year.

Mooney has a badass team just about every year. They're a pretty hard nose gritty team too. The thing thats always so unfortunate about them is that whenever they play the BIG BOYS in the playoffs they normally get housed!! Which is no surprise I guess. But when they played Coldwater year before last.... man they got physically beat down!!

ou_football_fan
7/6/2007, 01:48 PM
How many scholys can OU offer for the 2008 class? Every Div I football program is allowed 85 scholarships. OU has 100 students in the roster. Does anyone know how many of them and which ones are walk-ons?

snp
7/6/2007, 04:41 PM
I was told we only have 2-4 available at the moment. But there will be some transfers that should help us out.

ou_football_fan
7/6/2007, 09:59 PM
List of seniors loosing eligibility after 2007:
1. Zaslaw, Dane FB
2. Pleasant, Ian FB
3. Patrick, Allen RB
4. Gutierrez, Jacob RB
5. Dotson, Alonzo DE
6. Williams, John DE
7. Baker, Lewis LB
8. Pleasant, Demarrio LB
9. Wolfe, D.J. DB
10. Williams, Darien DB
11. Walker, Marcus DB
12. Hartley, Garrett K
13. Moore, Sherrone OL
14. Bothun, Garrett WR
15. Coleman, Steven DT
16. Finley, Joe Jon TE
17. Cohen, Michael P
Assuming that all these players hold scholarships, there should be 17 scholarships available for 2008. Additionally, we lost Londell Taylor (07 recruit) to baseball and Carl Pendelton decided to forego his final year eligibility. Also, I believe OU has to other scholarships free from the Bomar and Quinn fiasco. This makes the grand total 21 plus any juniors that we might loose to the NFL draft (maybe Kelly, Nic Harris, Reggie Smith, Duke Robinson and/or others).

Does anyone know if all the 17 seniors listed above hold scholarships?

okienole3
7/6/2007, 11:05 PM
v. loosed, loos·ing, loos·es
v.tr.
1. To let loose; release: loosed the dogs.
2. To make loose; undo: loosed his belt.
3. To cast loose; detach: hikers loosing their packs at camp.
4. To let fly; discharge: loosed an arrow.
5. To release pressure or obligation from; absolve: loosed her from the responsibility.
6. To make less strict; relax: a leader's strong authority that was loosed by easy times.
v.intr.
1. To become loose.
2. To discharge a missile; fire.

got it?

birddog
7/7/2007, 12:03 AM
got it?

seems like everyday i see someone make that mistake. that and spelling ridiculous rediculous.

Jalal23V
7/29/2007, 02:42 PM
Apparently he has committed to the Crimson and Cream. Seems like a beast in his video

http://www.scoutingohio.com/taylorhill_2006_video.htm

Newbomb Turk
7/29/2007, 03:06 PM
yep - scout is showing him as a verbal. Nice.

jccouger
7/29/2007, 03:31 PM
Rivals is showing him as a commit also.

goingoneight
7/29/2007, 04:55 PM
Rhino on vacation? He'll be happy to add another. :)

JaminT
8/1/2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks to Soonersinger3 and his classy post, Hr. Hill is my new favorite player!

Mr. and Mrs. Hill, if you're out there, the Sooner Nation will take good care of your son!

BASSooner
8/1/2007, 03:35 PM
I saw his commitment video on rivals.com. I was ****ed at the audience since they didn't applause until about 10 seconds after his announcement. Very rude.

MojoRisen
8/5/2007, 08:12 PM
Schollys Left- Did we loose that kid Macolm Williams and Daniel Tabon?

I do not see either of them on the roster - I guess that would be two more schollys although both those guys seemed to have a lot of promise. Any word on the scoop with them?

snp
8/5/2007, 11:17 PM
Neither qualified outta HS. Tabon is at NEo and I'm not sure where Williams went.

Big Red Ron
8/6/2007, 06:06 PM
I saw his commitment video on rivals.com. I was ****ed at the audience since they didn't applause until about 10 seconds after his announcement. Very rude.Got a link?

Man, he's quick, nice first step. He reminds me of Rock Calmus. Maybe a little under sized but just a "football player." His running stile looks similar too.

snp
8/6/2007, 06:24 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=895&script=content.asp&cid=695592&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

MojoRisen
8/15/2007, 11:45 AM
Taylor Hill is now a 4 star recruit - up from 3. Anything new on the recruiting trail?

OUster
9/4/2007, 06:11 PM
check the rivals free footage on the game between Mooney and Pennsylvania Gateway from this past Saturday, Sept 1, 2007. There was alot of footage on Hill as he plays both ways. Good stuff! There is a serious collision between Hill and D-lineman with Hill playing running back, you can hear it from the stands!

snp
9/4/2007, 06:30 PM
Taylor Hill is now a 4 star recruit - up from 3. Anything new on the recruiting trail?

Be a little bit more specific and I'm sure we can wrangle you up something.