PDA

View Full Version : Miami

Funky G
7/4/2007, 12:12 PM
Has everyone here forgotten about Miami? Don't we owe these **********s an *** whipping? Can we please start building up extreme anger toward these *******s and prepare to have everyone in the stadium screaming their lungs out to root the Sooners on to a victory?

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, nothing to do on the 4th but build my Ark..

MamaMia
7/4/2007, 12:18 PM
Damn them. :pop:

Flagstaffsooner
7/4/2007, 12:22 PM
Goddamnthemmotherf'nsonsofbitches.. :pop:
Fixed it for ya Mom.

Jack T.
7/4/2007, 12:38 PM
Goddamnthemmotherf'nsonsofbitchesfaggityassedbasta rds
Fixed it for ya Mom.

Fixed it for ya

goingoneight
7/4/2007, 02:03 PM
I still want to see them play a game before I'm convinced they'll be good. Not underestimating them, they're going to be totally different and with new coachign and attitude this year. Be it positive or negative, too much has changed to fret them or boast. Hopefully they go 12-1 this year and get pounded by OU. :D

Seamus
7/4/2007, 02:15 PM
Hopefully they go 0-12 this year and get pounded by OU. :D

Fixed it for ya ;)

SteelClip49
7/4/2007, 02:33 PM
What do you all have against Miami? This isn't 1985-1987 anymore.

I am looking forward to this game; get to see a few cane friends. I hope to buy them sympathy beers after we win.

snp
7/4/2007, 03:16 PM

They took away 1-2 NC from ou. I'd say fans of that era have a Paul Bunyan sized axe to grind with them.

EstablishedSooner1967
7/4/2007, 05:05 PM
SuperNingaPirate is right!
What do I have against Miami... just that 85-87 they cost OU an NC! It seems to me whenever OU has a good solid team as they did in the mid 80s they go play another power such as Miami and lose... or should I talk about SC as well...
F- Miami

KantoSooner
7/4/2007, 05:54 PM
My only sorrow is that Jimmy Johnson and Vinny Greeen Testes won't be forced to suit up and get the living crap beaten out of them. Miami is the all time most hated on my list. Texas and Nebs don't even come close. OSU is family by comparison. We could beat Miami every year by ever increasing margins. Hell, we could sacrifice their entire team on the 50 yard line and it still would never be enough.
Satisfied with the hate level?

goingoneight
7/4/2007, 06:57 PM
I guess it's just kind of like all the teams that beat us when John Blake or Schnellenboozer was coaching. We were down, and no one got any points for strength of schedule for beating us, no matter how badly they did... it was still BEATING OU. I actually saw OSU fans crying after they stomped us in 1998. Tears of joy to avenge something, I guess. I'm treating this game just like the Washington game last year, and the UCLA game before... it's a tough opponent with quality athletes. But no, I'm not going to make an *** out of myself in front of UM fans, and I'm not going to make T-shirts or tell my grandchildren about the "big victory" over what could end up being another 6-6 Miami team.

CatfishSooner
7/4/2007, 06:58 PM
My only sorrow is that Jimmy Johnson and Vinny Greeen Testes won't be forced to suit up and get the living crap beaten out of them. Miami is the all time most hated on my list. Texas and Nebs don't even come close. OSU is family by comparison. We could beat Miami every year by ever increasing margins. Hell, we could sacrifice their entire team on the 50 yard line and it still would never be enough.
Satisfied with the hate level?

not really satisfied....:pop:

KantoSooner
7/4/2007, 07:03 PM
I could do more.
And no, I don't intend to print T-shirts to celebrate a victory. But I will enjoy it thoroughly if OU wins.
As will my nephews who are Florida fans. All good hearted people hate Miami.

SteelClip49
7/4/2007, 09:01 PM
SuperNingaPirate is right!
What do I have against Miami... just that 85-87 they cost OU an NC! It seems to me whenever OU has a good solid team as they did in the mid 80s they go play another power such as Miami and lose... or should I talk about SC as well...
F- Miami

OU won the 1985 national title. If I ever run into a hot Tennessee Vols chick, I will just randomly go up and give her the biggest kiss possible. Tennessee beating Miami in the 86 Sugar made the 86 Orange the national title game between OU and PSU.

OU-HSV
7/4/2007, 11:08 PM
This is one of the games I plan to make this season. I get goosebumps at the thought of how electric the Fock will be at this game...it's going to be crazy...and it's going to be unreal. Damn, why can't summer pass by quicker so we can get to football season!

goingoneight
7/4/2007, 11:20 PM
A great majority of OU fans either...

a. aren't educated about why OU/UM is so huge
b. treat all opponents the same.. "JUST WIN!"
or c. don't care who the opponent is... "JUST WIN!!!"

Although there is a great majority of them praying for a UM beatdown for the ages.

yermom
7/4/2007, 11:25 PM
OU won the 1985 national title. If I ever run into a hot Tennessee Vols chick, I will just randomly go up and give her the biggest kiss possible. Tennessee beating Miami in the 86 Sugar made the 86 Orange the national title game between OU and PSU.

ok, maybe i hate Tennessee less than i thought

Miami is also my most hated team, more than Texass

and that is really saying something

i'm kinda mixed here though. on one hand, i'd like to beat a good team, on the other, i'd like them to lose all their games :D

goingoneight
7/4/2007, 11:29 PM
Teams I hate...

Teams I want to beat...
1. whoever we play.

eyeballjr
7/5/2007, 12:11 AM
The '88 orange bowl was the first time i had a tear run down my face due to a football game, and it was Miami's fault. To have the chance to get revenge for that tear will be priceless.

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 12:18 AM
I understand wanting to beat someone for revenge, believe me. But if you were to tell me we get a home-and-home against USC in 2015 and they're 0-3 coming off of a losing or bland season... wouldn't excite me so much as playing Miami a few years back-- Or playing USC, LSU, Texass... you know... teams that leave you with a sense that something got accomplished. Hopefully they have a decent season so we'll have that much more to talk about when we beat them.

KantoSooner
7/5/2007, 12:35 AM
I hope they lose only to us this season. And I hope that we beat them by about 85-0 with the final score coming with 5 seconds on the clock on a 65 yard pass play, followed by a 2 point conversion with no time on the clock.

I like a good, well-fought contest as much as the next person; but there are some cockroaches, like Miami, who simply deserve to be crushed as hard and as painfully as you possibly can, no matter whether they're good or bad that season. When they slip on those ugly jerseys, they check their status as human beings at the door.

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 01:09 AM
So Tha U is your Texass, huh? :D

insuranceman_22
7/5/2007, 01:37 AM
Hate:
1. Orange bastards from Texas
2. Green bastards from Florida
3. Condom's boys from California
4. Domers from Indiana

My hatred has waned a little on the Nebbish, in the old Big 8 days they would be on the list.

I think a lot of people that have been Sooner Fans for 20 plus years are looking forward to this game. Not only do we want to win the game, we want to physically dominate Miami.....beat into the ground....perhaps maim a few of their players. This is like a grudge match to me (I know it's goofy for a fan to say it that way), I suspect other long time Sooner faithful have that same feeling.

KantoSooner
7/5/2007, 02:07 AM
So Tha U is your Texass, huh? :D

Well, Texass is also Texass, but we play them every year. We have a shot every year. And, say what you want, at the end of the day, I've spent some good times in Austin with Texians. Even talked college football with them and enjoyed it. We get along that way. Not that I wouldn't urge Stoops to leave the starters in the whole way even if OU were up by 4 tds.

But Miami. Oh Miami. They are cheap pimps and they got, in my opinion, incredibly lucky during the 80's (yes, they were good, but they weren't that good) and spoiled not only a couple of great chances for us, but also put a cloud over the end of Barry's tenure. For that, there is no forgiveness possible. Insuranceman is right on. I am looking forward a game I hope to be able to label: "Judgement Day".

Ash
7/5/2007, 06:48 AM
Hate:
1. Orange bastards from Texas
2. Green bastards from Florida
3. Condom's boys from California
4. Domers from Indiana

My hatred has waned a little on the Nebbish, in the old Big 8 days they would be on the list.

I think a lot of people that have been Sooner Fans for 20 plus years are looking forward to this game. Not only do we want to win the game, we want to physically dominate Miami.....beat into the ground....perhaps maim a few of their players. This is like a grudge match to me (I know it's goofy for a fan to say it that way), I suspect other long time Sooner faithful have that same feeling.

Yup, except for me there's a tie for second place in that list right now.:texan:

OUDoc
7/5/2007, 08:12 AM
Problem is that most of the current players weren't even born when Miami beat us in the '80's. They don't know how much they should hate Miami.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/5/2007, 10:03 AM
I don't hate them because they beat us (ok, maybe just a little). They had the better team and they won. It's the fact the they were such cocky gangsta thugs while doing it. Jimmy Johnson was the Less Miles of his time except he could coach.

OUmillenium
7/5/2007, 10:23 AM
Start digging out the Switzer v. JJ games and get the rage flowing.

At least Miami was good back in those days. Last years trash-talking thugs could not back it up on the field.

SteelClip49
7/5/2007, 10:25 AM
Mike Lupricant is a Canes fan; I wouldn't mind OU running up the score on the Canes and him getting all ****y.

birddog
7/5/2007, 10:30 AM
Teams I hate...

Teams I want to beat...
1. whoever we play.

what if you switched that to Fans I Hate...?

soonerspudman
7/5/2007, 10:43 AM
Anyone thinking we don't have a score to settle with Miami hasn't lived the sooners for the past 30 years. Miami was the worst thing to happen in college football. They were an east-coast, made-for-TV-by-Disney program because a) Miami needed something to use the OB for when the Dolphins moved out and b) the Disney Machine/NCAA complex needed to attract the huge eastern market. Therefore, Miami was allowed to flaunt every rule and every aspect of sportsmanship that had been built into college football over the previous 100 years.

Additionally, the east-coast suits wanted nothing more than to bury that redneck rebel Barry Switzer and his high-flying small-market team from that small-market conference (the big 8).

Who can forget the brawls, the ten unsportsmanlike conduct calls per game, the helmets-off, grill in the camera after touchdowns, the trash talk. And then, of course, Jimmy Johnson (throw up in my mouth a little) and the media lovefest, coming to Norman likedthey owned the place, losing close games to them in the OB but having the media describe them as "routes".

Anyone who doesn't want to see the sooners shred these guys in September either hasn't been around long enough or doesn't truely have sooner red flowing in their veins. I hope it's a massacre.

OU Adonis
7/5/2007, 10:59 AM
I hate Miami almost as much as Texas.

8, how long have you been a fan?

OU Adonis
7/5/2007, 11:02 AM
Anyone who doesn't want to see the sooners shred these guys in September either hasn't been around long enough or doesn't truely have sooner red flowing in their veins. I hope it's a massacre.

Mad spek to you

Jdog
7/5/2007, 12:18 PM
I've been a sooner fan since long before we beat Miami last - on the slick artificial surface that was the Orange Bowl in the early mid 70's (when we barely beat a very bad team by one or two points).
Heres' my "HATE LIST" of those that I would like to see beaten down the most:

1. USuC Condoms (Scores 110 points (out of 100) – we’re 1-4-1 these guys in the past 35 years – we’ve been skunked, tied with field goals, had two that we should have won, and had our butts kick three times. It’s been 35 years since we’ve beat this prickys.

2. Tejas shorthorns (100 points)– nothing makes a season like kicking their butts.

3. Cane dealers – (99 ½ points) the 80’s games sucked.

4. Domers - (99 points) we’ve got one win against these pretentious %#@#%

5. OSUc (97 points) – only sheep are scared of these guys

5. Corn Shuckers (64 points) – Don’t really consider them a rival anymore (since 2000) - stock is going down.

6. Colorado (61 Points) got to give them some credit because of Eddie, C.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/5/2007, 09:41 PM
Miami sucks. I remember in the 80's just the sight of that u on their helmets ****ing me off, I sure hope OUr guys drill them into the ground!

utex74
7/5/2007, 10:36 PM

I am looking forward to this game; get to see a few cane friends. I hope to buy them sympathy beers after we win.

Some things are timeless. I still want Notre Dame to pay for the '71 Cotton Bowl and we owe Miami big for the '91 Cotton Bowl. In lieu of Texas playing them, I hope you lay them out and come into the RRS undefeated, where I admittedly hope your fortunes turn south.

bmrsnou
7/6/2007, 12:21 AM
I don't post much (as you can see) but, I have to speak out on this. I grew up in the 70's and 80's as a die hard Sooner, and still am. Ever since this game came out on the schedule, I have waited and waited. No home game since Stoops has been here has gotten me sooooo fired up, well maybe osu in 03, but that said, I have waited 19 years for some revenge.

If you are old enough, you might remember 85 when these a******s came out and taunted us in pre-game warm ups, broke Aikman's leg in the N. end zone and just crushed many Sooner hearts. Then, the 86 game and the 87 OB. Next to Texass and osu, these turds are mine, and probably most long time Sooner fans most hated team. I WANT REVENGE!!! the U has always been punks, and always will be. Even with Larry Coker, they were still punks. Beat the hell out of these turds. Let's start the hate NOW.

oumartin
7/6/2007, 04:15 AM
Miami,USC,Texas,NotreDame
1a,1b,1c,1d.

We hate them because three of the four have 5 national championships or more & Our struggles against them

We hate Texas just because they are Texas

Jack T.
7/6/2007, 07:55 AM
Miami,USC,Texas,NotreDame
1a,1b,1c,1d.

We hate them because three of the four have 5 national championships or more & Our struggles against them

We hate Texas just because they are Texas

+1. . .except for Notre Dame. . .I wasn't around for the OU/ND stuff so it doesn't hurt as bad as Miami/USC/Texas

I don't really understand the Husker hatred. . .sure, it was a heck of a rivalry, but Dr. Tom was always classy.

yermom
7/6/2007, 08:10 AM
things went South in the 90's with Nebraska... plus all the love ND was getting at the time when we sucked and then they got the best of us in '99 again. we really owe them a couple

maybe we can play them in a bowl one of these days ;)

KantoSooner
7/6/2007, 09:50 AM
Don't get me started on Notre Dame.

OUmillenium
7/6/2007, 10:57 AM
Anyone thinking we don't have a score to settle with Miami hasn't lived the sooners for the past 30 years. Miami was the worst thing to happen in college football. They were an east-coast, made-for-TV-by-Disney program because a) Miami needed something to use the OB for when the Dolphins moved out and b) the Disney Machine/NCAA complex needed to attract the huge eastern market. Therefore, Miami was allowed to flaunt every rule and every aspect of sportsmanship that had been built into college football over the previous 100 years.

Additionally, the east-coast suits wanted nothing more than to bury that redneck rebel Barry Switzer and his high-flying small-market team from that small-market conference (the big 8).

Who can forget the brawls, the ten unsportsmanlike conduct calls per game, the helmets-off, grill in the camera after touchdowns, the trash talk. And then, of course, Jimmy Johnson (throw up in my mouth a little) and the media lovefest, coming to Norman likedthey owned the place, losing close games to them in the OB but having the media describe them as "routes".

Thanks for that.

I was in JrHigh during the 3 consecutive OU losses to the canes in the mid-80s. Even had the Boz cut going 1 year.

The one that hurt the most for me was in the OB for the National Title. The only thing that tempered that pain was the fact that I "knew" we would win the championship in basketball that year.

Nostalgic pain, one of the strange pleasures of the human race.

illinisooner
7/6/2007, 10:57 AM
I've got to be honest, I was one of the "what's the big revenge deal about playing the U" people when the series was announced. I just thought it was awesome to be playing a big time OOC game at home (Sorry Washington, Oregon...you don't count). But alot of people filled me in on the Sooner history and now I'm way more excited for the game. I'm only from the new school of hatred...USC, Texas, OSU, LSU, UO/TT, and ND (I CANNOT deal with their fans, and they're everywhere in Midwest).

Oklahoma 77 Miami 0

93sooner
7/6/2007, 10:59 AM
"States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world. By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger. "

GW talking about the 'canes, Texass and "(you can't spell suck without) USC"
Is it kickoff yet???

Q's your daddy

OUmillenium
7/6/2007, 11:01 AM
Once again, for the newer sooner fans like illinisooner...

OU could have won 3-4 national championships in a row if not for the Miami Hurricanes in the mid-80s.

Fans mindset would be we'll win it for sure next year, just to be tripped up by the Hurricanes again. Total hatred...USC/UT, etc. are nowhere close to the cockiness and thuggery broadcast by the Jimmy Johnson coached Hurricanes.

This would be incredible retribution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InTexasandImStuck
7/9/2007, 06:49 PM
What time does the piblic parking at Lloyd Noble Center open on game day?

yermom
7/9/2007, 07:39 PM
as far as i know it never closes

now, i'm not sure when the shuttle starts...

BigDeezy
7/9/2007, 09:08 PM
The last time I attended an OU - Miami game it was on our homefield, and those hodelums came to the game dressed in camoflage fatiques, caused a riot on the field before the game, and then broke our quarterback's leg.

I want payback!

snp
7/10/2007, 01:29 AM
What time does the piblic parking at Lloyd Noble Center open on game day?

LNC parking is always open.

Bosley
7/10/2007, 06:11 AM
A buddy I had class with before I graduated last year works in the ticket office and is getting me free tickets to Miami and Texas.....

neener neener neener....

I had to tell someone, found out yesterday.

swardboy
7/10/2007, 07:38 AM
A buddy I had class with before I graduated last year works in the ticket office and is getting me free tickets to Miami and Texas.....

neener neener neener....

I had to tell someone, found out yesterday.

That's what life's about: It's who you know, not what you know. BTW, where do you live? Where will you keep the tickets? Just curious....:D

D-Sweet
7/10/2007, 12:48 PM
Miami brought tears to my 10-year-old eyes twice. That's why I'm flying in for this game.

I don't have a therapist, but I'm sure that they would recommend facing my childhood demons. When it is over I will rush the field and lick the Miami tears, just like Cartman in South Park.

Petro-Sooner
7/10/2007, 02:41 PM
What bowl game was it where they showed up at night in camo walking off the plane? I was just a kid, but knew well enough that was pretty much a slap in the face. I SO can not wait for this beat down.

Seamus
7/10/2007, 03:32 PM
What bowl game was it where they showed up at night in camo walking off the plane? I was just a kid, but knew well enough that was pretty much a slap in the face. I SO can not wait for this beat down.

Fiesta Bowl against Penn State. Vinnie had 5 interceptions that night. :D