PDA

View Full Version : Texass has the 10th easiest schedule in the nation...

Big Red Ron
7/3/2007, 08:36 PM
Per ESPN....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2924383

It's interesting that we are listed as the toughest game for three teams on the list, including UT, aTm and Miamuh.

King Crimson
7/3/2007, 08:40 PM
oh no, that can't be right. the Horns play "traditional SWC rivals" Rice and TCU. when other teams play them they are patsies, when UT plays them they are "traditional rivals".

OU Adonis
7/3/2007, 08:52 PM
oh no, that can't be right. the Horns play "traditional SWC rivals" Rice and TCU. when other teams play them they are patsies, when UT plays them they are "traditional rivals".

I am not going to make fun of TCU until we beat them again.

soonervegas
7/4/2007, 12:41 PM
and they still lose two...

goingoneight
7/4/2007, 02:14 PM
I think if Texass loses two games this year... one will be to us (which I'm not betting on, just hoping for) and they will have another shocker like K-State. That shocker may be Leach Tech in Austin.

King Crimson
7/4/2007, 02:18 PM
I am not going to make fun of TCU until we beat them again.

fair enough, but when it's your marquee OOC game that's pretty weak. turns out the Ohio State series was the exception and not the rule in Austin. back to the old SWC mentality where you never play a game outside the state of Texas.

MiccoMacey
7/4/2007, 02:28 PM
Texas may very well lose to TCU. TCU brings back nine or ten from a defense that was stout as hell last year.

If Texas loses to TCU or OU, they will also lose to OSU. Mark it down. Actually, I'm calling for an OSU win regardless.

KState is supposed to be a revenge game for texas, but the Wildcats bring back a snootful of people that beat them last year. And I know Colt was injured early in that game, but Colt doesn't play on defense, and he sure as heck didn't give up 45 points. Even if Colt were healthy, and Texas scored 63, KSU would have scored 68 on that defense. They absolutely layed down that night. The saving grace for Texas is it is in Austin.

And depending on how A&M does this season, a loss at College Station is a possibility as well.

So good possibilities of a loss are TCU, OU, OSU, KSU, and A&M.

I actually think their schedule (and the Big Twelve's in general) will be more difficult than most think.

BASSooner
7/4/2007, 02:41 PM
Texas may very well lose to TCU. TCU brings back nine or ten from a defense that was stout as hell last year.

If Texas loses to TCU or OU, they will also lose to OSU. Mark it down. Actually, I'm calling for an OSU win regardless.

KState is supposed to be a revenge game for texas, but the Wildcats bring back a snootful of people that beat them last year. And I know Colt was injured early in that game, but Colt doesn't play on defense, and he sure as heck didn't give up 45 points. Even if Colt were healthy, and Texas scored 63, KSU would have scored 68 on that defense. They absolutely layed down that night. The saving grace for Texas is it is in Austin.

And depending on how A&M does this season, a loss at College Station is a possibility as well.

So good possibilities of a loss are TCU, OU, OSU, KSU, and A&M.

I actually think their schedule (and the Big Twelve's in general) will be more difficult than most think.
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking too. okie lite is a lot better than ppl think unfortunately. TCU has a chance, aTm CAN beat them again along with kstate.

The words from a whorn fan himself. and I quote from a website I found:

"I know most Horn fans are still drunk from 2005, but it’s time to wake up and smell the mediocrity."

Bernard

Let's see if mack makes more excuses this year;)

MiccoMacey
7/4/2007, 02:53 PM
Why is Texas the toughest game for TTech, but OU is the toughest game for A&M?

Wouldn't you think it'd be the same for both teams?

King Crimson
7/4/2007, 02:55 PM
TAMU comes to Norman, would be my guess. does UT travel to Lubbuck? even though ATM can't beat Tech, they get up for UT at Kyle. i'd say that's UT's toughest game.

Salt City Sooner
7/4/2007, 05:45 PM
Tech/UT is in Austin this year. The game in Lubbock last year was the one where Tech shot out of the gate 21-0 before the 'horns could blink, only to gag it away by 4.

Tear Down This Wall
7/5/2007, 08:46 AM
Tech always has and always will suck.

Landthief 1972
7/5/2007, 08:56 AM
I think if Texass loses two games this year... one will be to us (which I'm not betting on, just hoping for) and they will have another shocker like K-State. That shocker may be Leach Tech in Austin.

Or maybe you mean this kind of shocker:

http://www.bigshocker.com/artwork/brochure/images/brochure_06.gif

:eek:

OSUAggie
7/5/2007, 08:57 AM
Tech always has and always will suck.

Even though they've had a winning record every year since the Big XII was formed, something that nobody else in the conference can say.

MamaMia
7/5/2007, 09:25 AM
Even though they've [exas Tech] had a winning record every year since the Big XII was formed, something that nobody else in the conference can say. I'll bet most of those wins were home games with local residents calling the game.

OSUAggie
7/5/2007, 09:29 AM
With a competent clock operator... ;)

MamaMia
7/5/2007, 09:44 AM
With a competent clock operator... ;) What is it about you pokes that make you think basketball quips are appropriate in football discussions; not that osu has made any impact in either sport lately?

By the way, Bobby Knights whine fest that resulted in our leading scorer and rebounder, Longar Longar, being benched made up for any ancient clock mistake.

fwsooner22
7/5/2007, 11:04 AM

Why is that you "orange lickers" think you have a right to make comment on any matter on this board? You must be one bored dude!

Here is something for you to ponder....since you obviously have way too much time on your hands.....this is a list of Big XII conference championships (football because this is a FOOTBALL board) and National Championships for the great school from Stillwater. OK, ready, here ya go;

1)

Tear Down This Wall
7/5/2007, 11:13 AM
Even though they've had a winning record every year since the Big XII was formed, something that nobody else in the conference can say.

And no conference championships, not even a South title. Yes, they are the eternal epitomy of suck. They can go 6-5 or 7-4 every year playing crap-as*s OOC games. No one cares. They suck it.

If the world made any sense, Tech and Baylor would be in the Sun Belt Conference where they belong. Freeloading bastards.

picasso
7/5/2007, 12:35 PM
least he was sober.

Big Red Ron
7/5/2007, 01:35 PM
And no conference championships, not even a South title. Yes, they are the eternal epitomy of suck. They can go 6-5 or 7-4 every year playing crap-as*s OOC games. No one cares. They suck it.

If the world made any sense, Tech and Baylor would be in the Sun Belt Conference where they belong. Freeloading bastards.I dunno, Tech's the only other South team that I remotely like. If anyone needs to be shipped to a smaller conference in the Big XII, it's Okie State and Baylor.

utex74
7/5/2007, 10:39 PM

The "tradition" consists of kicking their asses on a regular basis! :D Gotta read between the lines.

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 10:53 PM
I dunno, Tech's the only other South team that I remotely like. If anyone needs to be shipped to a smaller conference in the Big XII, it's Okie State and Baylor.

OSU survives to stay in the BIG 12 because of Bed-dumb and their other sports. Now, if they continue to decline in B-Ball and lose 10-in-a-row to OU... there might be pressure for them to get out. But for now they can ride their final four under :eddie: and their mid-major bowls. Honestly, I think if they were somewhere like the MWC or C-USA, they'd at least get closer to what they're wanting in terms of winning... but then they wouldn't play OU on a yearly basis, and would probably burn down the school and sell the property without Bed-dumb.

josh09
7/5/2007, 11:31 PM
Per ESPN....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2924383

It's interesting that we are listed as the toughest game for three teams on the list, including UT, aTm and Miamuh.

Typical lol