PDA

View Full Version : Man I miss Okle Homa

OklahomaRed
7/3/2007, 11:11 AM
One of these days I'm moving back. If you are currently residing outside of Oklahoma, what is the main reason any of you have not moved back yet? Just wondering. :D

Scott D
7/3/2007, 11:12 AM
I'm married to the reason.

royalfan5
7/3/2007, 11:13 AM
I never lived in Oklahoma to begin with.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/3/2007, 11:16 AM
I never lived in Oklahoma to begin with.

Which is why you must die.

http://pics.livejournal.com/dthizy/pic/0000atd1

King Crimson
7/3/2007, 11:25 AM
college, current job. plan to move back to Norman in the next 5 years.
if only to antagonize my mother and rock the sports animal everyday.

TMcGee86
7/3/2007, 11:36 AM
married to the reason, and the fact that I dont want to take another bar exam.

Ike
7/3/2007, 11:39 AM
Job. Sadly, theres not much atom smashing that goes on in Oklahoma.

Which means that I probably won't ever move back unless I decide to switch fields.

Petro-Sooner
7/3/2007, 11:42 AM
Maybe one day you could try your hand at geology. It rocks.

I'm sorry. I'll leave now.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/3/2007, 11:43 AM
Maybe one day you could try your hand at geology. It rocks.

*rimshot*

Don't forget to tip your waitress.

TUSooner
7/3/2007, 11:50 AM
A bad habit?
Well, my job, partly, and my daughter's school partly, both of which I love. But it's also something dangerously but undefinably attractive about this steaming sewer, such that I should know better than to stay, but evidently don't.

BajaOklahoma
7/3/2007, 11:52 AM
Spouse's job and to a lessor degree, mine.
Also, two of my children live nearby. We have no idea where the third will end up.
We would like to retire in Oklahoma though.

PhxSooner
7/3/2007, 12:09 PM
Job. Sadly, theres not much atom smashing that goes on in Oklahoma.

Which means that I probably won't ever move back unless I decide to switch fields.
Substitute EE for atom smashing, and that's the position we're in. Mr. PhxSooner probably couldn't get any closer to OK than Dallas with the field he's in.

Both of our children were born in AZ, and we've been out here 12 years. We're not trying to move home any longer.

KABOOKIE
7/3/2007, 12:09 PM
Job. There's nothing in Oklahoma for me to do in my field. The good news is Wichita isn't too far and Piper Aircraft is looking to move to OKC. :D

Vaevictis
7/3/2007, 12:11 PM
Substitute EE for atom smashing, and that's the position we're in. Mr. PhxSooner probably couldn't get any closer to OK than Dallas with the field he's in.

Not entirely true. If you're willing to work for the government, Tinker hires EE on a regular basis.

(... I'm assuming you mean electrical engineering here... environmental, I suppose, not so much...)

Scott D
7/3/2007, 12:13 PM
Job. There's nothing in Oklahoma for me to do in my field. The good news is Wichita isn't too far and Piper Aircraft is looking to move to OKC. :D

you could always join the OHP :D

PhxSooner
7/3/2007, 12:15 PM
Not entirely true. If you're willing to work for the government, Tinker hires EE on a regular basis.

(... I'm assuming you mean electrical engineering here... environmental, I suppose, not so much...)
Electrical, but entirely in the semiconductor business.

KABOOKIE
7/3/2007, 12:20 PM
you could always join the OHP :D

I'd rather scrub toilets at Boone Pickens stadium. :D

Scott D
7/3/2007, 12:25 PM
I'm currently amused and intrigued by the ads on the radio up here to apply for the Austin PD.....I wonder how many Horn players I'd have to arrest before I'd get kicked off the force... 2? 3? 4? :D

OklahomaRed
7/3/2007, 12:57 PM
Answer my own question. Job. I make good money in Texas, plus a couple of consulting jobs. Plus the wife's job as a teacher. Would be hard to get everything lined up to move back. With that said, I'm working on it. :kelvin:

Flagstaffsooner
7/3/2007, 01:34 PM
3.2 beer

IronSooner
7/3/2007, 01:40 PM
Grad school, job. 3.2 beer's another good reason.

There's nothing in OK in the bioengineering business, so I don't see myself ever going back either. Except for the occasional holiday and OU football game of course.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/3/2007, 01:41 PM
Ninjas are illegal in Oklahoma.

Hence why I disguise myself as a fireman.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/3/2007, 01:57 PM
Just visiting from time to time, and keeping up with OU sports, is good enough.

Harry Beanbag
7/3/2007, 05:34 PM
Career mostly, although I could probably find something there if I tried. Mrs. Beanbag has never lived anywhere but the desert so she's not very fond of the cold or tornadoes. But with the massive influx of illegals and uncertain water futures here, we may be forced to move at some point. My preferences would be Oklahoma or western Washington.

I've been gone for 16 years now, but I still miss it.

Okla-homey
7/3/2007, 06:01 PM
married to the reason, and the fact that I dont want to take another bar exam.

whipped.

Okla-homey
7/3/2007, 06:05 PM
A bad habit?
Well, my job, partly, and my daughter's school partly, both of which I love. But it's also something dangerously but undefinably attractive about this steaming sewer, such that I should know better than to stay, but evidently don't.

I bet you could get a job in one of the Federal Courts in OKC, Muskogee or Tulsa. Two of which have hills and trees. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
7/3/2007, 06:08 PM
No reason. It's a good place to be from.:P

soonerboomer93
7/3/2007, 06:53 PM
um, actually I could live in OK but my family is in CO

my work well, unless they decide to drop a shipyard in OK, I pretty much can't work there unless i move to piping tracability for refineries instead of working on offshore structures...

AlbqSooner
7/3/2007, 07:46 PM
1. Too cold in the winter - too hot in the summer.
2. My ex is still alive and living in OK.

TUSooner
7/3/2007, 09:33 PM
I bet you could get a job in one of the Federal Courts in OKC, Muskogee or Tulsa. Two of which have hills and trees. ;)
I AM keeping my eyes open. ;)
I passed on going for a job as an assistant federal defender. My friend from OCU told me about it. I would have handled only death penalty cases and would have spent a lot of time visiting clients on death row.

meh.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/3/2007, 11:39 PM
$$$ and my wife says that all my drinking buddies are there...

47straight
7/3/2007, 11:39 PM
Electrical, but entirely in the semiconductor business.

Get ready to move to Asia.

PrideTrombone
7/3/2007, 11:52 PM
3.2 beer

The only way 3.2 beer matters is if your beer of choice has the words "Bud," "Miller," or "Coors" on it, because anything else is available full-strength in a liquor store.

And really, if your beer preference is Bud, Coors, or Miller, you really need to rethink your entire outlook on alcohol.

pb4ou
7/4/2007, 12:55 AM
witness protection

SleestakSooner
7/4/2007, 01:06 AM
Still here, like a black hole Norman drags me back in to the center of Sooner Nation each time I try to leave. There's no place like home!

Ike
7/4/2007, 02:32 AM
Still here, like a black hole Norman drags me back in to the center of Sooner Nation each time I try to leave. There's no place like home!

Heh. My friends and I used to call Norman "The black hole" because everyone we knew that left for one reason or another eventually came back. No matter what you do, you get sucked back in.

Amongst my friends, I now hold the record for continuous time away from Norman (not counting trips back for holidays and special events) at 4.5 years and counting.

Ike
7/4/2007, 02:40 AM
The only way 3.2 beer matters is if your beer of choice has the words "Bud," "Miller," or "Coors" on it, because anything else is available full-strength in a liquor store.

And really, if your beer preference is Bud, Coors, or Miller, you really need to rethink your entire outlook on alcohol.

But can you buy the full strength stuff cold in a liquor store? When I left you couldn't.

and yes, it matters.

Vaevictis
7/4/2007, 02:54 AM
Heh. My friends and I used to call Norman "The black hole" because everyone we knew that left for one reason or another eventually came back. No matter what you do, you get sucked back in.

Heh.

Norman ain't such a bad town
You live there till you die
We all grow old and die.

And Norman's the kind of town
You never can leave
You can't get away
Move back again some day.

I see old familiar faces
In the town's obituaries
They all tried to leave.

But Norman ain't such a bad town