PDA

View Full Version : Which team loses first?

goingoneight
7/3/2007, 12:10 AM
Among the supposed "goods and greats" of 2007?

Who do you think goes down first (worthy of making headlines)? I'd probably say OSU at Georgia, but they (GU) didn't really look all that GREAT in 2006, and are rebuilding on D in 2007. Seeing the world's greatest offense get shut down or shut out for some reason just seems like it is imminent, yaaa mean? I'd love to hear the locals eat their crow since they've all but put it in print that OSU will win.

We fall into this category with Miami visiting in week 2, so don't chuckle too hard.

TCU at Texass??? I said fran wouldn't stand a chance against UT in 2006. So I was wrong. Doesn't mean I'm stupid and going to predict a Froggy day in Asstin. However, that's probably as big of a challenge for them as it will be for us playing tha U in OUr house.

Say we all survive unblemished. Does Nebraska even have a chance vs USC? Just when it seems NU is turning a corner, Calahan's corncobs find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Such examples include the brilliant trickery used in the Cotton Bowl and the fumble in FG territory for the Texass win in Lincoln last year. Did I mention the Alamo Bowl from 2005? Michigan was ten yards away from stealing that one, too.

King Crimson
7/3/2007, 12:16 AM
TCU will not win in Austin.

until Callahan beat a good team, no reason to pick him. though, if you read Husker boards Keller is sort of like Joe Montana, John Elway and God combined. and since Bill Callahan invented the forward pass and ducking getting asswaxed by good teams (what's his record against +.500 teams, again?)....i'll pick USC 31-18.

the early NEbraska TD is the biggest cheer in years at Memorial Endzone seat Stadium.

goingoneight
7/3/2007, 12:52 AM
I agree with ya there.

USC didn't really look stellar last year until they were in a bind. It was kind of like they were just playing lazy. That 4th quarter was ALL USC until the tipped pass on the failed 2-point conversion. I would have thought they could have beaten Nebraska at home a little harder than they did. 28-10 is kind low-scoring considering what they did on the road against Arkansas (who was a better team than Nebraska). We would have pistol-whipped Nebraska if it wasn't for a holding call on the blocked punt (a touchdown called back) and the red zone turnover.

USC is not going to be the same USC until they get another fab running back. Gable and what's-his-face weren't exactly great in my books.

rainiersooner
7/3/2007, 01:12 AM
I have had a gut feeling for a while now the Huskers might surprise USC. But maybe that's just 'cause I want them to lose. I also think Florida beats LSU in October. But hey, maybe that's 'cause I can't stand the Lester Love in the media.

King Crimson
7/3/2007, 01:15 AM
the turnovers went both ways in the Big XII championship game. "We" just had the better of them, and a short corner that Malcolm Kelly could beat.

which team do you really pull for goingoneight? i've seen your stuff around, and yer spek vary wildy, most of yer posts are backhanded. you aren't fooling anyone. when you deny it, keep in mind i ain't the only one watching you.

goingoneight
7/3/2007, 01:38 AM
the turnovers went both ways in the Big XII championship game. "We" just had the better of them, and a short corner that Malcolm Kelly could beat.

which team do you really pull for goingoneight? i've seen your stuff around, and yer spek vary wildy, most of yer posts are backhanded. you aren't fooling anyone. when you deny it, keep in mind i ain't the only one watching you.

goingoneight = & MNC's going on 8 = OU fan.

What's "back-handed" and who's watching me??? :D

Seamus
7/3/2007, 03:41 AM
Ooooooooh, double secret voyeurism ;)

Boomer.....
7/3/2007, 07:30 AM
I don't see OSU winning at Georgia.

zeke
7/3/2007, 07:45 AM
I believe OSU will beat Georgia

SteelClip49
7/3/2007, 10:35 AM
I want the SlowPokes to beat UGA and I believe they will. A UGA loss to a perennial Big XII middle-feeder perhaps would shut some of the SECondary fans up about how their so called conference is always the best.

King Crimson
7/3/2007, 10:39 AM
I want the SlowPokes to beat UGA and I believe they will. A UGA loss to a perennial Big XII middle-feeder perhaps would shut some of the SECondary fans up about how their so called conference is always the best.

2-10 Colorado almost beat UGA in Athens last year (but the genius Hawkins outsmarted himself about 3 times), but i don't see it happening for the Pokes.

htownsooner7
7/3/2007, 01:51 PM
The easy and obvious answer is Va Tech at LSU on September 9.

BASSooner
7/3/2007, 03:01 PM
I agree with ya there.

USC didn't really look stellar last year until they were in a bind. It was kind of like they were just playing lazy. That 4th quarter was ALL USC until the tipped pass on the failed 2-point conversion. I would have thought they could have beaten Nebraska at home a little harder than they did. 28-10 is kind low-scoring considering what they did on the road against Arkansas (who was a better team than Nebraska). We would have pistol-whipped Nebraska if it wasn't for a holding call on the blocked punt (a touchdown called back) and the red zone turnover.

USC is not going to be the same USC until they get another fab running back. Gable and what's-his-faceS weren't exactly great in my books.
They have too many. Gable, Washington, and Moody were out there. Ironic though that they have so many 5 star RBs but no run game.

OSUAggie
7/3/2007, 03:06 PM
2-10 Colorado almost beat UGA in Athens last year (but the genius Hawkins outsmarted himself about 3 times), but i don't see it happening for the Pokes.

I don't either.

It's shaping up a bit like the '03 opener at Lincoln.

Collier11
7/3/2007, 03:06 PM
I am extremely interested to see Va Tech and LSU...I personally think Beamer is far and away better than Miles but LSU has some talent. It may end up 9-6 but I think LSU goes down early

OSUAggie
7/3/2007, 03:09 PM
I still don't understand the notion that everyone seems to have regarding Les Miles being a bad coach. I assume most of it (on here) comes from his days @ OSU, but nationally he's seen as a complete jack *** that can't coach a lick. Why? What has he done to show that he can't coach?

Collier11
7/3/2007, 03:14 PM
As to your games, I really think that Georgia is a ton better than everyone thinks and while OSU will be better and have a great offense, I dont see them winning at Georgia. Some of you will say that CU almost won there but this team is much better no IMO. I see it something like 27-21 UGA.

Neb has a chance against USC but they have to score early, USC's D will be frickin unbelievable but they are really inexperienced on Offense besides Booty! Even Solich never lost at home, Callahan hasnt proven the same!

As far as possible early season surprise, how about these?

week 1
Kstate at Auburn
Tenn over Cal at Cal
Tech losing at SMU

week 2
A&M losing at home to Fresno
oregon state at cincy

week 3
Tenn @ Fla
BYU @ Tulsa

I am not saying these will all happen, but I see these as being very possible upsets IMHO

Collier11
7/3/2007, 03:15 PM
I still don't understand the notion that everyone seems to have regarding Les Miles being a bad coach. I assume most of it (on here) comes from his days @ OSU, but nationally he's seen as a complete jack *** that can't coach a lick. Why? What has he done to show that he can't coach?

I dont think he is a bad coach, I just dont think he is a great coach. He had the most talent hands down in the country last year IMO and lost twice, that team shoud have atleast played for the natl title.

Boomer.....
7/3/2007, 04:03 PM
Do you remember the timeout during the Tennessee game?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/3/2007, 04:54 PM
I see the defending national champion Gators dropping two games out of the gate, to Tennessee and to LSU.

LittleWingSooner
7/3/2007, 06:36 PM
Of the Big 12 teams

OU and Texas should survive undefeated to that game. I would give Miami a better shot at beating OU then anyone Texas plays. But I think both teams go undefeated into that game in October

Oklahoma State will lose @ Georgia, even though I think Georgia is a bit down and it'll be a close game. OSU can't stop anyone.

Texas Tech may have an early scare against UTEP. They could very well start out 7-0 going into the game against Columbia. If they win that game then they could be undefeated going into the Texas game a week before ending the season with us. They have a very good schedule.

A&M starts the season at Miami. That's a loss.

Baylor starts the season against TCU. That's a game they should win. After that they could start at 4-0 going into College Station.

Nebraska will lose to USC early on. They still won't be settled with the new QB and they lose some key defensive players.

Kansas has a very easy schedule. They could go 6 or 7 before losing. The 5th game of the year against KSU is not gonna be easy. They go to College Station for their 8th game

KSU starts off against Auburn even if they win that one which isn't likely they play Texas in game number 3

Mizzou should be 4-0 going into the Nebraska game in Columbia. Then they come here the next game.

If ISU survives Iowa on Sept 15th they best they do is probably 4-0.

Colorado could easily start out 0-4 with games against Colorado State, Arizona State, Florida State, and Miami(Oh).

D-Sweet
7/3/2007, 07:01 PM
I think we all see his indecipherable temper tantrums and "Let 'er rip!" lame attempts at motivation and assume he's a jackass.

But then you see the games he's lost the last two years at LSU. They pretty much all should have been wins. Either he or his coordinators are losing games that the players are good enough to win. That happens to everyone at some point I guess, but it seems to happen to him a lot.

IronHorseSooner
7/3/2007, 07:13 PM
LSU has a wealth of talent, but VTech has good talent coming back and they will be emotionally charged. For whatever it means, VTech is the best team in the ACC. Don't be surprised if VTech wins this one in a slugfest.

NS5
7/3/2007, 08:57 PM
They have too many. Gable, Washington, and Moody were out there. Ironic though that they have so many 5 star RBs but no run game.

I agree! GO8 these 5* guys are another year older and wiser and can run
their patterns better. We wanted 2 out of those 3 Their problem will be if
their big heads don't bump into each other.

Sooner74
7/3/2007, 11:59 PM
Florida loses to Florida State in the Season Finale. A&M will lose to Miami. Georgia beat OSU. Texas loses to TCU.

Big Red Ron
7/4/2007, 01:57 AM
I still don't understand the notion that everyone seems to have regarding Les Miles being a bad coach. I assume most of it (on here) comes from his days @ OSU, but nationally he's seen as a complete jack *** that can't coach a lick. Why? What has he done to show that he can't coach?Ah-hem...

http://bp0.blogger.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/Roi0Gi-E7hI/AAAAAAAABNY/xY-tV5i1ZZc/s400/Miles2.jpg (http://bp0.blogger.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/Roi0Gi-E7hI/AAAAAAAABNY/xY-tV5i1ZZc/s1600-h/Miles2.jpg)

OUmillenium
7/5/2007, 10:21 AM

Great points!

I don't see the Pokes winning at GA though.

NS5
7/6/2007, 02:28 PM
UGA has a coach on about the same level as Bob Stoops. He is a good guy,
so read up on him yourself. Aggies can't lose since they have the greatest
offense in Div. 1. Don't believe me, then ask any aggie.

Big Red Ron
7/8/2007, 08:15 PM
UGA has a coach on about the same level as Bob Stoops. He is a good guy,
so read up on him yourself. Aggies can't lose since they have the greatest
offense in Div. 1. Don't believe me, then ask any aggie.We don't need to read up on him. He was the O coordinator at FSU in 2000. OUr defense blanked ESPN's current "Best Offense evar" in the Orange Bowl. They didn't even score a FG.

He couldn't hold Bob's Jock Strap. Let's talk when he wins a few conference Championships and a National Championship. Till then, keep it in your pants there Mr. Happy.

illinisooner
7/8/2007, 10:31 PM
I seem to recall a number of people who were picking "on the rise" Boise St to beat the Dawgs in Athens in 2005. The OSU/UGA game "buildup" reminds me somewhat of that.