PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at 2006 - little forum game:

goingoneight
7/2/2007, 11:00 PM
I talked for a while today with my co-workers about who I felt we could have beaten last year that any of OUr opponents played. Of the teams worthy of mention (No North Texas or Florida Atlantics included), I felt we could have beaten:

1. Ohio State (Hook 'em 7 tOSU 24): tOSU had one of their worst rush defenses I have seen in a long time, even Pre-Sweater-vest... AD would have had a field day, IMHO. This is a 50-50, give whoever plays on their home field the advantage.

2. Louisville (MTSU 17 UL 41): The Big East, to me... always looks like watching high school football films. Every now and then they have a good player, team or two... but I can't help but wonder why this team was sweating in their boots against MTSU, a team we destroyed before kickoff. Granted, UL won that game handily, but looked a little less-than-human at times. This game goes probably 3W/4A for OU, no matter the location.

3. Houston (:stunned: 24 HU 35): Like a red-headed stepchild.

4. Georgia (Colorado 13 GU 14): Are you kidding me? They almost lost to that crappy CU team? Schnellenboozer would have won that game. 4W/4A OU.

5. USC (Nebraska 10 USC 28): This team defintiely had its vulnerable moments, but like any good PC team, they seemed to turn it on when they needed to. If they played us early in 2006, we'd have been pwn3d worse than Arkansas was. It would have been an outstanding bowl matchup though. I would have liked to kick some Booty booty.

6. Auburn (Nebraska 14 AU 17): Prime example of why the SEC is no different than any other power conference. Schedules patsies in OOC, and hangs right in there with teams OU demolished. AU had their good games in 2006, but had their more human moments against the likes of Arkansas and Nebbish. Got to give them credit for beating both LSU and Florida in one season, though... Push, home team wins again.

7. Alabama (:stunned: 34 Bama 31): You mean before they fired their coach or when they didn't have one??? :D

8. Oregon State (Mizzou 38 OrSU 39): Now this is a team that showed some fire at times. But much like us, they couldn't really DOMINATE an opponent so much as they could get a lead and attempt to secure it. Big play defense killed both of these teams, but going into a shootout with Missouri tells me OUr defense is just a hair better. ;) OU wins this one even on a bad night.

9. California (aTm 10 Cal 45): Very hard to guage this one. Tennessee made Lee Corso's National Champions their bitches. But playing in front of all those Vols is tough when you're not used to people actually showing up for your games. Marshawn Lynch??? Give me a break. I could name 20 backs who looked more impressive than him. Problem is, they're not old enough to play in the NFL yet, so Cal fans will use the same old Miami excuse "where did HE go in the NFL Draft???" Weak sauce; AD pwns Cal. Shoot, AP pwns Cal. Flash in the pan, the winning record means nothing more than beating up on patsies like anyone else.

10. TCU (TxTech 3 TCU 12): The mere fact that you only scored 12 points on Mike Leach's "defense" tells me OU's worst attempt (Oregon) would have been sufficient defensively to play in a shootout. TCU's defense... that's a different story. I can think of about eleven teams off the top of my mind that would have KILLED to have your unit last season. MWC or not, you're very fast, fundamentally skilled and disciplined on D. You showed what you could do in Norman in 2005, but we grew up. Offensively, defensively, mentally. We were overall better. Paul Thompson avenges his most embarassing moment as a quarterback. OU 3W/4A anywhere we play.

Any others in your eyes? I just listed some of OUr opponents' opponents, any will do.