PDA

View Full Version : Sports and Cheaters!

Collier11
7/2/2007, 01:02 PM
I am a sports fan to the fullest extent, I have played and followed sports my whole life and like many of us on here I always dream't of playing pro-sports(baseball for me)! So when I watch pro-sports it makes me sick to my stomach to think that people are cheating while getting paid millions when I would play for free! It is tough to idolize pro athletes like we used to cus many of them are suspect at best when it comes to playing by the rules!

With that said, I think there are a few problems with the continual witch hunts that the media bounces around on our tv's and in our papers. One is that, in many cases these people have no understanding of what it takes to be that good at a particular sport, two is that we worry so much about who is on what that we forget that there are a lot of great athletes out there that stay out of trouble and perform at a high level.

How great is Griffey Jr, if that guy hadnt missed over 400 games the past 3 years he would be chasing the record and we wouldnt have to care about Bonds.

A-Rod, if this guy hadnt signed a $25 million contract and didnt play in NY, everyone would love the guy. Why is it his fault that teams are willing to pay that much? This guy is truly great and I dont even like the Yankees or the Rangers for that matter.

Pujols, my favorite player for his amazing skill and his passion for the game along with the fact that he is a genuinely good person. He has to deal with the rumors day in and day out for what reason? He has tested negative every time and has said that he would test at anytime, any place.

The list could go on and on....

About the bad guys, I have differing opinions on each of the guys that I will talk about...

Barry Bonds, despise the guy! He is a jerk to the fullest extent, doesnt give autographs, puts himself above everyone else, continually treats people like crap and it is really unfortunate! I had a buddy growing up who loved the guy, but with the way things have gone recently he wont even admit that anymore. The guy did roids or hgh or something, that is evident. What most people dont realize and it is really sad is that Bonds was great when he weighed 190. He may not have hit 755 or he may have, but Bonds was a top5 player all-time IMO regardless. Roids don't give you skill and the guy has amazing skill.

Mcgwire, love the guy cus he was a Cardinal. His case ticks me off on two different levels, one is that he looked like a fool on capitol hill when all he had to do was be honest in the smallest way possible and everyone would have given him a free pass. He is a great guy, stays out of trouble, does absolutely amazing charity work, and is one of the all-time great pure homerun hitters and really helped save baseball, if he did shoot up it really is unfortunate for the game of baseball! The second thing that bothers me is that he took andro, when he was taking it the stuff was legal, when they banned it he stopped taking it and he was always upfront about taking it. It saddens me that he is doubted continually for what he may have done and also for what he may not have done. Some will say I am naive for thinking he didnt shoot up, and he probably did, but atleast he is a good guy and when he was asked about what he took he admitted it at the time.

Sosa, no bigger case of being two-faced from any athlete ever probably. To the fans he was a hero, funny, outgoing, and a great guy! To everyone else including his teammates, he was a jerk, he played up his inability to speak english and made a complete joke of himself by doing it. How convenient that he couldnt speak quality english when they questions were about taking roids. He got busted cheating once(corked bat), may or may not have roided, but I hope sincerely that he never gets into the Hall!

I really dont know if anything I have said brings any conclusion or point to the forefront, but I had to get all of this off of my chest cus I am tired of all of it from top to bottom!

soonerhubs
7/2/2007, 02:19 PM
Cheaters earn no respect from me either.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/stewart_mandel/10/16/weekend.rewind/t1_pile2_si.jpg

GrapevineSooner
7/2/2007, 03:18 PM
A-Rod, if this guy hadnt signed a $25 million contract and didnt play in NY, everyone would love the guy. Why is it his fault that teams are willing to pay that much? This guy is truly great and I dont even like the Yankees or the Rangers for that matter.

I disagree.

When he was with Texas, everyone had to walk an egg shells when he was around in the clubhouse. Then before he got traded, he lamented possibly having to play with 24 kids. He also comes off as a bit of a fraud.

That's the reason Texas fans don't like him now.

That said, if it was A-Rod chasing Aaron's record instead of Bonds, I'd have a much easier time pulling for him because he's never been accused of roiding up.

Not to mention, he's a more all-around better player than Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, etc.

Scott D
7/2/2007, 03:20 PM
*cough*clemens*cough*

Where's the tirade against Gaylord Perry, Phil Niekro, and Charlie Hough? ;)

Collier11
7/2/2007, 03:29 PM
exactly

okstateguy987
7/8/2007, 09:39 PM
LMAO, my sides hurt! sooners complaining about cheating on another team! oh the irony!!!!

Ash
7/8/2007, 09:50 PM
^^^^The only thing I hate worse than roided up Bonds is a sheep-humpin' inbred troll.

Big Red Ron
7/8/2007, 11:45 PM
^^^^The only thing I hate worse than roided up Bonds is a sheep-humpin' inbred troll.Who's team cheated worse in some ways.

okstateguy987
7/8/2007, 11:46 PM
^^^^The only thing I hate worse than roided up Bonds is a sheep-humpin' inbred troll.

you shouldn't hate yourself so bad, I'd hate myself too if i rooted for such a foul team as the gooners, but that just isn't healthy

Big Red Ron
7/8/2007, 11:50 PM
you shouldn't hate yourself so bad, I'd hate myself too if i rooted for such a foul team as the gooners, but that just isn't healthyHa, this guy just broke a record for being plced on my ignore list. Glass houses my redheaded stepbrother.

Ash
7/9/2007, 12:02 AM
you shouldn't hate yourself so bad, I'd hate myself too if i rooted for such a foul team as the gooners, but that just isn't healthy

Oh look. Did mommy let you play with the computer tonight? Go take your weak *** crap back to orangeanimal****ers.com or whereever you came from.