PDA

View Full Version : anybody know what the point requirement was for a couple extra Miami tickets?

MamaMia
7/2/2007, 12:12 PM
I didn't qualify for any. :(

fwsooner22
7/2/2007, 01:03 PM
Neither Did I.......I do not think there were any.

yermom
7/2/2007, 01:15 PM
maybe once it's closer to game time... i don't think Miami travels well

they will be cheaper from the scalpers anyway though, i'm sure

The_Red_Patriot
7/2/2007, 01:29 PM
Miami doesnt even do well at home games.

colleyvillesooner
7/2/2007, 01:39 PM
We didn't get any either. Got Tulsa, Colorado and A&M but not Miami.

MamaMia
7/2/2007, 02:05 PM
Do y'all know what the face value was on the OU/Miami tickets?

Neither Did I.......I do not think there were any.
The Sooner Club said that the only people who got any extra Miami tickets were all Bud Wilkinson members, however the extra game tickets go according to who has the most points. The Clubs aren't really based on points systems. They're based on what ones donation is for the present season. :confused:

nativesooner
7/2/2007, 06:19 PM
Do y'all know what the face value was on the OU/Miami tickets?:

Face on the Miami = $77 each. My in laws got Texas this year according to their point total but no Miami :eek:

wahoosooner
7/2/2007, 09:01 PM
It takes 10k per year donation to be in the Bud Wilkenson club so if you donate that much you have enough points.

I got 4 OU Miami tickets and I have 900 something points.

MamaMia
7/3/2007, 11:45 AM
It takes 10k per year donation to be in the Bud Wilkenson club so if you donate that much you have enough points.

I got 4 OU Miami tickets and I have 900 something points. Don't you get one point for every $100.00 that you donate each season and then 1/3 of that carries over to the next season? If so, then someone who has been donating several thousands of dollars a year for several years, but less than $10,000.00, would have more points than one of the ticket broker individuals or other persons who has donated $10,000.00 for just a couple of years, so why would the Miami tickets be restricted to Bud Wilkinson members only? Its suppose to go by points; not what club or society you're in. The point that I'm trying to make is that there are donors who are not in the Bud Wilkinson Society who have more points than some who are.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/3/2007, 04:35 PM
Don't you get one point for every $100.00 that you donate each season and then 1/3 of that carries over to the next season?

No, you get 3 points for every $100 and 1/3 carries over.

MamaMia
7/3/2007, 05:04 PM
I called the ticket office. They said that they didn't approve extra ticket requests for the Miami game according to points, but rather, approved them for Bud Wilkinson Society members only. I was told that depending on the year, there is always an extra 2,000 to 4,000 tickets to share with people who need extra seats for games. That surprised me since I know that theres a waiting list for season tickets. I always thought that the people on the waiting list wanting season tickets would get whatever seats were available.

Well, anyway, they put me on the waiting list for 2 Miami tickets that may not get paid for by people who were approved for them. I doubt that I'll get them that way since a lot of the Bud Wilkinson people are actually ticket brokers. The bottom line is that I guess its no big deal because there are always tickets available outside the gate for those of us who need them.

Sooner24
7/3/2007, 07:51 PM
I called the ticket office. They said that they didn't approve extra ticket requests for the Miami game according to points, but rather, approved them for Bud Wilkinson Society members only. I was told that depending on the year, there is always an extra 2,000 to 4,000 tickets to share with people who need extra seats for games. That surprised me since I know that theres a waiting list for season tickets. I always thought that the people on the waiting list wanting season tickets would get whatever seats were available.

Well, anyway, they put me on the waiting list for 2 Miami tickets that may not get paid for by people who were approved for them. I doubt that I'll get them that way since a lot of the Bud Wilkinson people are actually ticket brokers. The bottom line is that I guess its no big deal because there are always tickets available outside the gate for those of us who need them.

You would have to sell a lot of tickets just to make up your donation.

OU Adonis
7/3/2007, 08:29 PM
Get them from scalpers. I have always been able to find a ticket.

MamaMia
7/3/2007, 08:39 PM
You would have to sell a lot of tickets just to make up your donation.
Which is eactly what they do.

Sooner24
7/3/2007, 08:57 PM
Which is eactly what they do.

But how many tickets do they get for that donation? You would have the cost of the donation plus the cost of the ticket. Unless you got 25-50 tickets I can't see you making any money. Scalpers would rather buy them from people getting extras, then turn around and double the price. More profit that way.

MamaMia
7/4/2007, 09:35 AM
But how many tickets do they get for that donation? You would have the cost of the donation plus the cost of the ticket. Unless you got 25-50 tickets I can't see you making any money. Scalpers would rather buy them from people getting extras, then turn around and double the price. More profit that way. The profit is definitely higher when they buy and resell individual tickets but there is still a nice profit to be made after paying donor fees. Heres an example. Our donation for the 2 seats we have between the 40 and 45 was $500.00 total for the two seats. Right now on Stub Hub, Totally Tickets and Tickets Unlimited just the OU/North Texas tickets 18 rows above us are selling for 228.00. OU/Miami tickets are selling for 425.00. OU/OSU are also selling for 425.00. Texas A&M are selling for 383.00. If you are an individual you can sell just those particular seats for 2922.00 - the 15% you pay to Stub Hub. If you are a broker making a substantial donation then you would qualify for quite a few OU/Texas tickets as well. My husband and I usually qualify for 4 now with just an average amount of mom and pop points, plus we get away games, Championship and Bowl game tickets too. So for every OU/Texas ticket I get, I can add another 450.00 a seat to that. So now we're up to 4722.00 just for those particular games and my Texas tickets less my donation and the face value for the tickets I paid and the 15% cut to Stub Hub which would leave me with a generous profit. Gee, maybe I'm in the wrong business. ;)

I realize that you can get tickets outside the gate for great prices but obviously a lot of people don't want to mess with that, otherwise these people selling tickets on line year after year wouldn't be doing it.

wahoosooner
7/5/2007, 08:19 PM
Most of the tickets on Stub Hub never sell.

MamaMia
7/6/2007, 01:50 PM
Most of the tickets on Stub Hub never sell. Why not? The tickets on Stub Hub list for about the same price as the other ticket agencies who have a nice success rate.

Ticket brokers might say that about Stub Hub because they don't like being undercut. All you have to pay if you use Stub Hub is 15%. If an individual sells his tickets to a broker they wouldn't get anywhere near the cut they would get when they go through Stub Hub.

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2007, 01:57 PM
Mama, he's gotta be right. He backed it up with all that data...

MamaMia
7/6/2007, 02:52 PM
Tickets do seem to be his favorite subject. ;)

fwsooner22
7/6/2007, 02:58 PM

For all the off-season junk I have read on here today trying to kill time til Miller Time and THAT makes me laugh.............Way to go CVS!!!:D

soonersweetie
7/6/2007, 02:59 PM
it's almost cheaper to just get them on ebay

wahoosooner
7/6/2007, 05:15 PM
Dont get me wrong... I think Stub Hub is a great idea. I post some of my extra Rangers Desperados and Cowboys tickets for games I cant make on there... Fact is most of the time they dont sell. I am not trying to bash Stub Hub. Its convenient and easy to use. You do get paid if they do sell.

If you think you can make alot money off Stub Hub start donating money and then resell your tickets on Stub Hub.

MamaMia
7/6/2007, 06:21 PM
Dont get me wrong... I think Stub Hub is a great idea. I post some of my extra Rangers Desperados and Cowboys tickets for games I cant make on there... Fact is most of the time they dont sell. I am not trying to bash Stub Hub. Its convenient and easy to use. You do get paid if they do sell.

If you think you can make alot money off Stub Hub start donating money and then resell your tickets on Stub Hub. Its common knowledge that I'm on a budget and have no intention of donating or buying anything I cant drink or eat until my extra bathroom is paid for. :P