PDA

View Full Version : The Bullies are Back!!

htownsooner7
7/2/2007, 09:41 AM
I believe that the Kansas City writer, Whitlock, headlined in a similar fashion after we won the Big XII championship in December. (If someone has that article please attach). Truer words have not been spoken. His article was based on the fact that OU had endured the Bomar and Oregon debacles and still won the championship. And that was just the start..

Consider this... Many pundits will (or already have) pick us to win again this year after looking at OUr returning talent. Additionally, look at the Depth Chart. An overwhelming number of the starters are underclassmen and we may not have any drop-off in the other spots Sure, Allen Patrick should be good, but I am comfortable (understatement)with Murray, Brown and the incoming 08 RBs. Again, I like JoeJon, but I am just fine (again) with Gresham and Eldridge. Same with the D.. Lendy will be a highly competent corner when he gets his starting job back.

We may not win a NC this year (but we just might..), but the rest of the Big XII should take no solace because for the foreseeable future, we will be the favorites.. The Bullies are Back.

AzianSooner
7/2/2007, 10:04 AM
I wish what you said is true.

MamaMia
7/2/2007, 10:23 AM
I'm not even all that concerned about breaking in a new quarterback. We are OU, therefore I have great confidence that our O line will step up just fine with a new QB behind center. I truly believe that if we can get past Miami and Texas, we are home free. :D

Kray
7/2/2007, 11:49 AM
Things stack up well for us this season, but better next year. We get to play some tough games at home this year. If we can get good QB play the sky is the limit because we have great offensive talent just about everyplace else.

We don't have a Pac-10 road game. Always good.

North Texas (Sept. 1)
Miami (Sept. 8)
Canes have more talent than anyone we play other than UT. But they aren't Miami of the past. I wish we could get a couple more games in for QB's to settle down before they come to town. A key game at home sets up good for us. Other than Tech, we get quite a few of the more dangerous games at home.

Utah State (Sept. 15)
at Tulsa (Sept. 22)
Should win but you have to respect Tulsa and how they have been playing lately. Graham appears to be a very solid coach hire for them.

at Colorado (Sept. 29)
LOL well we lose this according to the DMN.

Texas at Dallas (Oct. 6)
No way we lose again. I think the real Texas was the end of season Texas, not the team we played last October.

Missouri (Oct. 13)
They're getting some preseason love, but we get them at home.

at Iowa State (Oct. 20)

Oklahoma State (Oct. 27)
Texas A&M (Nov. 3)

Nice to get these two in Norman. They are both dangerous at their house.

Baylor (Nov. 10)
at Texas Tech (Nov. 17)
Let's just not have a Lubbock based ref again.

AlbqSooner
7/2/2007, 07:34 PM
I guess I missed it. What did Whitlock say?

PLaw
7/2/2007, 09:42 PM
I wish what you said is true.

Yeah, the "O" will be something similar to the Hybl vintage. If only the "D" can get back some of the "swagger" (man, I really hate that overused word), then we should be alright.

BOOMER
PLaw

MiccoMacey
7/2/2007, 09:51 PM
Oklahoma State (Oct. 27)
Texas A&M (Nov. 3)

Nice to get these two in Norman. They are both dangerous at their house.

While they are both at home I was under the impression the OSU game was moved to Turkeyday Weekend.

Which gives us an off week prior to the A&M game, and moves the OSU game to right after TTech, which should be the worst Tech team we've faced in awhile. It'll help against OSU.