PDA

View Full Version : The latest racial incident to captivate the media

Okla-homey
7/1/2007, 07:01 PM
Six punks sucker punched a kid in a Loosy-anna high school and then beat the crap out of him. He almost died. The six got prison. Please note, I did not say "allegedly" because all six were convicted.

Now, the thugs' parents are claiming racism because the PD allowed empanelment of "an all white jury" and the PD didn't ask for a change of venue.

Here's the funny part. No black potential jurors even showed up when called for jury duty. And this being LA and all, the Court didn't send the sherriff out looking for any of the no-show jurors.

I've got dear friends who live in and love LA, and I respect them. However, I'm getting very tired of that place.

I think the state flag pretty much sums it up nicely. A mother pelican feeding her young. It sets the tone for what a large segment of the population down there thinks the way life is supposed to work. Feed me! Save me from the hurricane! Build me a new house because mine got flooded! I cannot function without government assistance! If you don't help me, its because you're a racist bastage!

http://aycu09.webshots.com/image/21528/2000926260881187142_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000926260881187142)

Widescreen
7/1/2007, 07:22 PM
In!

CORNholio
7/1/2007, 07:24 PM
Wow never knew that was the la flag. Pretty gay.

yermom
7/1/2007, 07:24 PM
was the kid they beat up white?

i smell a hate crime ;)

Okla-homey
7/1/2007, 07:27 PM

i smell a hate crime ;)

of course.

Sooner24
7/1/2007, 08:38 PM
You might be safer being in Iraq.

New Orleans is America's murder capital — again

The Associated Press
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
NEW ORLEANS: New Orleans is America's murder capital, again.

The latest FBI figures say the 162 murders in 2006 made New Orleans far bloodier than any other place in the country.

The FBI put New Orleans' 2006 population at 431,153, not even accounting for the city's losses from Hurricane Katrina in 2005. At that population, the murder rate would be 38 murders per 100,000 residents — eighth out of 254 cities with more than 100,000 residents.

But even the most generous current estimate of about 255,000 residents would mean a rate of 63.5 murders per 100,000 residents.

The city with the next highest per-capita rate, Gary, Indiana, is 48.3 per 100,000 people, according to the statistics. Close behind is Detroit at 47.1.

So far this year, New Orleans has had 82 murders through Monday.

"If you live here it's no surprise," said Ken Foster, a co-founder of the local group, "Silence is Violence." "If you've been following the crime the past couple of years, you knew it was going to be that way."

Louisiana's governor just extended the stay of 300 National Guardsmen through November. The troops, along with 60 state police officers, are in town to support the city's depleted police force.

Sooner24
7/1/2007, 08:44 PM

i smell a hate crime ;)

Hate crime? What hate crime? :confused:

http://www.florida-cracker.org/archives/denny.JPG

Petro-Sooner
7/2/2007, 02:58 PM
I would love to hear Ray Nagin's responce to those numbers.

TUSooner
7/2/2007, 03:25 PM
I would love to hear Ray Nagin's responce to those numbers.
If you can find him. Oh yeah, he'll be hangin backstage at the Essence Festival this week.

TUSooner
7/2/2007, 03:56 PM
I was lookin for a link to the first thingy. Sounds like a run-of-the-mill post-conviction legal turd to me.

C&CDean
7/2/2007, 04:06 PM
I blame Abe Lincoln.

Fraggle145
7/2/2007, 04:20 PM
Cajuns are like cockroaches, a nuclear bomb could go off and they'd still be around, gross an annoying as ever.

That said, they can make a mean bloody mary.

Okla-homey
7/3/2007, 05:43 AM
I was lookin for a link to the first thingy. Sounds like a run-of-the-mill post-conviction legal turd to me.

Jena, LA.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/06/26/america/NA-GEN-US-Racial-School-Fight.php

http://friendsofjustice.wordpress.com/blog/

TUSooner
7/3/2007, 08:30 AM
Cajuns are like cockroaches, a nuclear bomb could go off and they'd still be around, gross an annoying as ever.

That said, they can make a mean bloody mary.
Jena is not in Cajun country, it's in piney-woods redneck country. Get your insults straight ! :D

KABOOKIE
9/20/2007, 11:39 AM
Back in the news: (apparently it's against a black man's civil rights if he commits a crime and gets charged)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297440,00.html

JENA, La. — Thousands of chanting demonstrators filled the streets of this little Louisiana town Thursday in support of six black teenagers initially charged with attempted murder in the beating of a white classmate.

The crowd broke into chants of "Free the Jena Six" as the Rev. Al Sharpton arrived at the local courthouse with family members of the jailed teens.

Martin Luther King III, son of the slain civil rights leader, said the scene was reminiscent of earlier civil rights struggles. :rolleyes: He said punishment of some sort may be in order for the six defendants, but "the justice system isn't applied the same to all crimes and all people."

The six teens were charged shortly after the local prosecutor declined to charge three white teens who hung nooses in a tree on their high school grounds. Five of the black teens were initially charged with attempted murder, but that charge was reduced to battery for all but one, who has yet to be arraigned; the sixth was charged as a juvenile.

"This is the most blatant example of disparity in the justice system that we've seen," Sharpton told CBS's "The Early Show" before arriving in Jena. "You can't have two standards of justice."

"We didn't bring race into it," he said. "Those that hung the nooses brought the race into it."

Sharpton, who helped organized the rally, said this could be the beginning of the 21st century's civil rights movement, one that would challenge disparities in the justice system.

The district attorney who is prosecution the teens, Reed Walters, denied on Wednesday that racism was involved in the charges.

He said he didn't charge the white students accused of hanging the nooses because he could find no Louisiana law under which they could be charged. In the beating case, he said, four of the defendants were of adult age under Louisiana law and the only juvenile charged as an adult, Mychal Bell, had a prior criminal record.

"It is not and never has been about race," Walters said. "It is about finding justice for an innocent victim and holding people accountable for their actions."

The beating victim, Justin Barker, was knocked unconscious, his face badly swollen and bloodied, though he was able to attend a school function later that night.

Bell, 16 at the time of the attack, is the only one of the "Jena Six" to be tried so far. He was convicted on an aggravated second-degree battery count that could have sent him to prison for 15 years, but the conviction was overturned last week when a state appeals court said he should not have been tried as an adult.

Thursday's protest had been planned to coincide with Bell's sentencing, but organizers decided to press ahead even after the conviction was thrown out. Bell remains jailed while prosecutors prepare an appeal. He has been unable to meet the $90,000 bond.

"We all have family members about the age of these guys. We said it could have been one of them. We wanted to try to do something," said Angela Merrick, 36, who drove with three friends from Atlanta to protest the treatment of the teens.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson spoke to a crowd Thursday morning. Dennis Courtland Hayes, interim president and CEO of the NAACP, compared the outcry over the Jena arrests to the controversy that followed racial remarks by radio personality Don Imus (yeah I regularly call people nappy-headed-ho's and then beat the **** out of them. same thing. :rolleyes: )

"People are saying, `That's enough, and we're not taking it any more,"' Hayes said.

The rally was heavily promoted on black Web sites, blogs, radio and publications. State police declined to give crowd estimates, but participants at the park and the courthouse appeared to number in the thousands.

Sharpton admonished the demonstrators to remain peaceful, and there were no reports of trouble as of midmorning. White residents in the predominantly white town of 3,000 have largely been reluctant to comment, saying privately that the town was being unfairly portrayed as racist.

A group of about a dozen white residents and black demonstrators engaged in an animated but not angry exchange during the march. Whites asked blacks if they were aware of Bell's criminal record, blacks replying that Jena High School administrators had mishandled the incidents at the school.

The demonstrators included large numbers of civil rights movement veterans and college students from across the region who weren't alive in the '60s.

Tina Cheatham missed the civil rights marches at Selma, Montgomery and Little Rock, but she had no intention of missing another brush with history. (dear God. Rosa Parks would batch slap these stupid ****s today. :rolleyes: )The 24-year-old Georgia Southern University graduate drove all night to reach tiny Jena in central Louisiana.

"It was a good chance to be part of something historic since I wasn't around for the civil rights movement. This is kind of the 21st century version of it," she said.

Red Cross officials manned first aid stations near the local courthouse and had water and snacks available. Portable toilets and flashing street signs to aid in traffic direction were in place. At the courthouse, troopers chatted amiably with each other and with demonstrators who began showing up well before dawn.

Sharpton said Bell, whom he spoke with Wednesday, was heartened by the show of support.

"He doesn't want anything done that would disparage his name — no violence, not even a negative word," Sharpton said.

StuIsTheMan
9/20/2007, 11:48 AM
I just want to know if these demonstrators would still be there fighting for these kids if the roles were reversed? I think not...just say'n, white, black, yellow or otherwise, do the crime, do the time.
The race police should find something else to do, like go get OJ off again.:rolleyes:

Dio
9/20/2007, 11:49 AM
Let me break this down for the poverty pimps:

Rednecks putting up nooses= bad, but not really a crime (free speech?)

Six people of any race beating the crap of one kid of any race = lock their asses up

Scott D
9/20/2007, 11:49 AM
:pop:

FaninAma
9/20/2007, 12:00 PM
Its sad to watch black society in this country spiral further into social turmoil as their leaders point fingers and refuse to accept any accountability or responsibility. Don't expect this mindset to change anytime soon because there is a lot of money and power to be gained from playing the victim.

The sad part is that the white community is about a generation behind but is rapidly heading in the same direction.

FaninAma
9/20/2007, 12:01 PM

Six people of any race beating the crap of one kid of any race = lock their asses up

Que?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/20/2007, 12:03 PM

What lead mine you been living in? Rednecks taking the law into their own hands in 2007= the WORST CRIME THERE IS!(heck the mere presence of a redneck in 2007 is almost a crime) I'm not defending anyone, here. Just stating that with reverse discrimination nowadays, things are no fairer than when white racism WAS as you think it still is.

FaninAma
9/20/2007, 12:04 PM
I blame Abe Lincoln.

You may be on to something.

Abe Lincoln=all powerful central governement=ever increasing federal entitlements= shirking of personal responsibility and breakdown of the family=rising crime, dysfunctional families, and other social chaos.

Simple logic.

KABOOKIE
9/20/2007, 12:06 PM
Que?

That's the great injustice.

6 upstanding American Africans beat up a white boy and nearly kilt him. A couple of white boys hung up nooses after the whoopin'. They weren't charged because there's no crime in hangin up nooses yet the American Africans were charged with attempted murder. You see the double standard on the American Africans?

yermom
9/20/2007, 12:06 PM
have they been shot? beaten? what exactly are they protesting against?

5 adults and a minor beating a minor unconscious shouldn't exactly be tolerated

hanging nooses may be a bit much and racially charged, but what does that have to do with the legal system? it certainly doesn't make them innocent...

StuIsTheMan
9/20/2007, 12:07 PM
Simple logic.

no such thing around here:D

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2007, 12:08 PM

6 upstanding American Africans beat up a white boy and nearly kilt him. A couple of white boys hung up nooses after the whoopin'. They weren't charged because there's no crime in hangin up nooses yet the American Africans were charged with attempted murder. You see the double standard on the American Africans?

nearly kilt him? he was released from the hospital the day after, and the charges were all reduced to battery

hardly near death..

and hanging nooses, burning crosses, etc - is a federal crime - fbi type

Scott D
9/20/2007, 12:12 PM
have they been shot? beaten? what exactly are they protesting against?

5 adults and a minor beating a minor unconscious shouldn't exactly be tolerated

hanging nooses may be a bit much and racially charged, but what does that have to do with the legal system? it certainly doesn't make them innocent...

the protesting is more along the lines of the 16 year old being tried as an adult. the protest was set up before the state supreme court deemed it unconstitutional to try the 16 year old as an adult.

but other than that, I wouldn't want facts to get in the way of the 'agitation' of people on both sides of the fence.

1stTimeCaller
9/20/2007, 12:15 PM
so what excatly were these people protesting?

KABOOKIE
nearly kilt him? he was released from the hospital the day after, and the charges were all reduced to battery

hardly near death..

Yeah lucky victim there. I've never heard about anyone dying from a punch to the head. :rolleyes:

sooneron

hardly near death..

and hanging nooses, burning crosses, etc - is a federal crime - fbi type
I believe that he went to a party that evening or the following.

Not directed at you JK, but do ANY of you know the story behind this? Maybe you should actually read about what lead up to the attack. I'm not saying that it was warranted, b/c it was not, but get the facts first.

Nice way to rile it up there, homey.

As at hundreds of other high schools across America, black and white students at Jena High School in Jena, La., rarely sit together. The white students gather under a big shade tree in the courtyard, while black students congregate near the auditorium.

But last year, a few days into the first semester, a new student, a freshman African American, asked the principal at an assembly, if he, too, could sit under the tree. He was told he could sit anywhere he liked.

Three white boys on the rodeo team apparently disagreed. The next morning, there were three nooses hanging from the shade tree in the courtyard.

Anthony Jackson is one of two black teachers at Jena High School. He laughs ruefully, as he recalls watching the nooses swaying in the tree.

"I jokingly said to another teacher, 'One's for you, one's for me. Who's the other one for?'"

Many in Jena's black community wanted the three white students expelled. But when the white superintendent and other school administrators investigated, they decided the nooses were a prank. Instead of expulsion or arrest, the three received in-school suspension.

Blacks called the punishment a double standard.

"White students can do things and receive a slap on the hand," Jackson says. But authorities "want to throw the book at blacks," he adds.

An Incident Escalates

A few of the black athletes, the stars of the football team, took the lead in resisting. The day after the nooses were hung, they reportedly organized a silent protest under the tree.

The school called an assembly and summoned the police and the district attorney. Black students sat on one side, whites on the other. District Attorney Reed Walters warned the students he could be their friend or their worst enemy. He lifted his fountain pen and said, "With one stroke of my pen, I can make your life disappear."

That evening, black students told their parents that the DA was looking right at them. Walters denies that. Billy Fowler, a member of the school board, doesn't believe it, either.

"He said some pretty strong things," says Fowler, "but I don't think he was directing it to anyone in particular. I think he just wanted people to calm it down."

But things didn't calm down. Some whites felt triumphant; some blacks were resentful. Fights began to break out at the high school. But that year, the football team was having an unusually good season and the black athletes were a major reason why. So while there were fights throughout the fall, nobody wanted to take any action that would hurt the team.

When the season was over, so was the truce. On Nov. 30, somebody burned down Jena High. Whites thought blacks were responsible, blacks thought the opposite.

Charges and Public Outrage

The next night, 16-year-old Robert Bailey and a few black friends tried to enter a party attended mostly by whites. When Bailey got inside, he was attacked and beaten. The next day, tensions escalated at a local convenience store. Bailey exchanged words with a white student who had been at the party. The white boy ran back to his truck and pulled out a pistol grip shotgun. Bailey ran after him and wrestled him for the gun.

After some scuffling, Bailey and his friends took the gun away and brought it home. Bailey was eventually charged with theft of a firearm, second-degree robbery and disturbing the peace. The white student who pulled the weapon was not charged at all.

The following Monday, Dec.4, a white student named Justin Barker was loudly bragging to friends in the school hallway that Robert Bailey had been whipped by a white man on Friday night. When Barker walked into the courtyard, he was attacked by a group of black students. The first punch knocked Barker out and he was kicked several times in the head. But the injuries turned out to be superficial. Barker was examined by doctors and released; he went out to a social function later that evening.

Six black students were arrested and charged with aggravated assault. But District Attorney Reed Walters increased the charges to attempted second-degree murder. That provoked a storm of black outrage.

"Jena has always been a racist town," says Bailey's mother, Caseptla Bailey. "We've understood that….It has been that way since I've lived here."

But school board member Billy Fowler disagrees.

As far as racial problems, our community is no different than any other community," Fowler says.

Fowler is one of the few leaders with the school administration or local law enforcement willing to talk to the media. The principal, the school superintendent and the district attorney all declined repeated calls for comment.

Fowler says he is appalled at reports by outside media outlets that he claims portray Jena as a racist community. But he and many other white leaders agree that the charges are unfair.

"I think it's safe to say some punishment has not been passed out fairly and evenly," Fowler says. "I think probably blacks may have gotten a little tougher discipline through the years.

"Our town is not a bunch of bigots. They're Christian, law-abiding citizens that wouldn't mistreat anybody."

But the black students and their families feel mistreated. The first to go to court was Mychal Bell, the team's star running and defensive back. Bell's court-appointed lawyer refused to mount any defense at all, instead resting his case immediately after two days of government presentation. An all-white jury found Bell guilty.

A talented athlete, Bell had a real shot at a Division I football scholarship. He now faces up to 22 years in prison. The other five black students await trial on attempted murder charges.

Over the weekend, Jena High School had the big shade tree in the courtyard chopped into firewood.

KABOOKIE
9/20/2007, 12:22 PM
But things didn't calm down. Some whites felt triumphant; some blacks were resentful. Fights began to break out at the high school. But that year, the football team was having an unusually good season and the black athletes were a major reason why. So while there were fights throughout the fall, nobody wanted to take any action that would hurt the team.

And the white boys on the team just sat around and looked good. :rolleyes:

A talented athlete, Bell had a real shot at a Division I football scholarship. He now faces up to 22 years in prison.

An injustice I tell ya.

yermom
9/20/2007, 12:25 PM
ok, that's a little different, but still the white kid was stupid, so he deserves to get beaten down by 6 other people?

attempted murder is perhaps a bit harsh, but what else do you call kicking someone in the face after they are unconscious?

the bit about the shotgun was slightly disconcerting

Chuck Bao
9/20/2007, 12:26 PM
Ick...my mom's family is from Jena. I think one of my young cousins go to high school there.

Hatfield
9/20/2007, 12:27 PM
so what excatly were these people protesting?

i imagine the majority don't know exactly.

the leaders would have you believe that they are protesting the inequality of the justice system as it is applied in this case.

the media wanting to tie in the nooses because it makes a better story.

Six punks sucker punched a kid in a Loosy-anna high school and then beat the crap out of him. He almost died. The six got prison. Please note, I did not say "allegedly" because all six were convicted.

that quote isn't correct as only 1 of the group has been tried, and today he was supposed to be sentenced but the case got sent back down since the kid shouldn't have been tried as an adult (he was tried as such due to a prior record)

the 6 kids jumped the white kid when the white kid was overheard making fun of the fact that one of the black kids had recently been beaten up by a white kid.

JohnnyMack
9/20/2007, 12:28 PM
I understand why the black community is upset in this situation.

A series of fights took place, but once the black boys whip the white boy (who sounds like a piece of carp) for running his mouth they get charged with attempted murder?

slickdawg
9/20/2007, 12:30 PM
Martin Luther King III, son of the slain civil rights leader, said the scene was reminiscent of earlier civil rights struggles. He said punishment of some sort may be in order for the six defendants, but "the justice system isn't applied the same to all crimes and all people."

OJ completely believes in this.

KABOOKIE
9/20/2007, 12:30 PM
One white kid beat up one black kid.

6 black kids beat up one white kid.

Racial inequality right there.

JohnnyMack
9/20/2007, 12:31 PM
Also, I predict 5 pages of "I'm right, you're wrong and nothing you can say will change my mind" before :dean: masterlocks this thread.

Scott D
9/20/2007, 12:32 PM
I'd rather Dean masterlock the thread now, before Kabookie comes off sounding more like an ******* than normal.

slickdawg
9/20/2007, 12:33 PM

Yeah, especially for the guys that did almost kill Reginald Denny, and of course, there's OJ Simpson.

The replay of Nicole's 911 call on CNN last night, man, that just got my blood boiling. Hmm, does boiling blood help pneumonia?

Petro-Sooner
9/20/2007, 12:35 PM
Its a felony to have a noose? Do I understand that right? And if so why???

frankensooner
9/20/2007, 12:35 PM
Just goes to show you, the truth is neither black nor white. ;)

Hatfield
9/20/2007, 12:36 PM
one thing is clear is that kabookie doesn't understand the timeline of events.

Hatfield
9/20/2007, 12:37 PM
here is a background on the story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jena_6

KABOOKIE
9/20/2007, 12:42 PM
one thing is clear is that kabookie doesn't understand the timeline of events.

Oh my bad. The nooses were hung up before the beatin'. Guess that makes it all white then. :rolleyes:

TUSooner
9/20/2007, 12:59 PM
I think that town was named after Napoleon's victory over the Prussians at a village of that name on Oct. 14, 1806.

That's all I got......

Hatfield
9/20/2007, 01:24 PM
Oh my bad. The nooses were hung up before the beatin'. Guess that makes it all white then. :rolleyes:

no it doesn't make it all "white" then...just indicates you are ignorant to the facts of the story you are attempting to be outraged at

Scott D
9/20/2007, 01:27 PM
Its a felony to have a noose? Do I understand that right? And if so why???

It's a federal crime to use symbols such as nooses hanging from trees for purposes of intimidation, real or prank.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 01:29 PM
I don't know a thing about this, and I ain't gonna read the story either. I don't care about this particular story enough to bother. However, I will say this:

Any time 6 people gang up and beat up 1 person - for saying something - the only word I can think of is chicken**** POS. Any time people become part of a mob mentality and attack people/property - the only word I can think of is chicken**** POS. Leave hate/race/etc. out of it.

And Al Sharpton can kiss my hairy white ***.

Okla-homey
9/20/2007, 01:31 PM
I think that town was named after Napoleon's victory over the Prussians at a village of that name on Oct. 14, 1806.

That's all I got......

and unlike Chicken Marengo which Napolean dined on after that victory, the Opossum Jena never really caught on among gourmets.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 01:33 PM
It's a federal crime to use symbols such as nooses hanging from trees for purposes of intimidation, real or prank.

Dude, not true. We used to have a noose in the tree out front for Halloween. We even would have a scarecrow hanging in it sometimes. You're telling me the FBI could come by and determine that I'm doing it for intimidation rather than for fun?

Now that I mention it, I've got a noose right above my head in my office hanging from the ceiling. I have a stuffed longhorn (a group of students from Austin gave me the longhorn years ago) swinging from it as I type this. Been hanging there for years. Did I mention I work in a federal facility, and that the guy next to me is black, and the guy across from me is Iranian? I haven't been arrested yet.

frankensooner
9/20/2007, 01:34 PM
that depends, is it a scarecrow or a jim crow? ;)

Scott D
9/20/2007, 01:34 PM
The setting plays into it as well Dean, and you know that.

The FBI should bust you for having actually purchased anything related to the University of Texas that gives them any sort of kickback ;)

sooneron
9/20/2007, 01:35 PM
Dude, not true. We used to have a noose in the tree out front for Halloween. We even would have a scarecrow hanging in it sometimes. You're telling me the FBI could come by and determine that I'm doing it for intimidation rather than for fun?

Now that I mention it, I've got a noose right above my head in my office hanging from the ceiling. I have a stuffed longhorn (a group of students from Austin gave me the longhorn years ago) swinging from it as I type this. Been hanging there for years. Did I mention I work in a federal facility, and that the guy next to me is black, and the guy across from me is Iranian? I haven't been arrested yet.
Maybe, just occasionally, common sense can apply to a situation when something is ornamental? Oak Tree hasn't been shut down either.

picasso
9/20/2007, 01:36 PM
i imagine the majority don't know exactly.

the leaders would have you believe that they are protesting the inequality of the justice system as it is applied in this case.

the media wanting to tie in the nooses because it makes a better story.

that quote isn't correct as only 1 of the group has been tried, and today he was supposed to be sentenced but the case got sent back down since the kid shouldn't have been tried as an adult (he was tried as such due to a prior record)

the 6 kids jumped the white kid when the white kid was overheard making fun of the fact that one of the black kids had recently been beaten up by a white kid.
were you there Hattie?

I think whoever put the nooses up should have been expelled from school. and probably beaten down too.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 01:39 PM
The setting plays into it as well Dean, and you know that.

The FBI should bust you for having actually purchased anything related to the University of Texas that gives them any sort of kickback ;)

You didn't read the part about it being given to me by Austinites.

And I'm not so sure about the setting thing either. We used to do a conference where we'd take about 300 managers on a hayride out to Lake Thunderbird. Along the trail they have a dummy hanging in a noose with a sign saying something like "this is what happens to people who run our horses." The dummy was dressed in cowboy garb, and was most assuredly caucasian.

You wouldn't believe the number of complaints we got from black folks outta NYC, Detroit, etc. "That's the most racist thing I've ever seen! Take it down now!!" The guys who own the stables were like "huh?" It never dawned on them that some people might make the really stupid stretch that a swinging cowboy joke = racism.

People need to get over the silliness. If I hate you it ain't got a thing to do with your skin color. I promise.

Hatfield
9/20/2007, 01:39 PM
were you there Hattie?

I think whoever put the nooses up should have been expelled from school. and probably beaten down too.

no i wasn't there. doesn't change the veracity of my posts though...was there a point in asking if i was present?

and those that hung the nooses should have been expelled i agree, i don't think the suspensions were severe enough especially in light of all the other tensions in the community.

Hatfield
9/20/2007, 01:40 PM
and to take what dean said a bit further....

if you are involved in a 6 on 1 beating and you can't put the 1 guy out of commission for more than a few hours....you and your other 5 punks are a bunch of pansies.

sooneron
9/20/2007, 01:42 PM
The town and school board FUBAR'd this from the jump.

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah lucky victim there. I've never heard about anyone dying from a punch to the head. :rolleyes:

i didnt say he didnt get his *** beat, i'm just saying he wasnt "almost kilt"

you can spin that up however you like it, and the kids deserve whatever they've got coming to them for the offense of Battery.....but not attempted murder

1stTimeCaller
9/20/2007, 01:47 PM
nm

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2007, 01:50 PM

dude, true - its a crime - obviously you have to take the context which the noose was hung - if its for a halloween get up, then there's no racial intent

but you put a burning cross in somebody's yard, or hang a noose for intimidation - its a federal crime

you can choose to believe it or not

FaninAma
9/20/2007, 01:51 PM
Where are the freaking parents of all the kids in this mess? Why is it the school's or the PD's fault that things escalated?

I guess Hilliary was right. It take a village to raise a child but apparently parents aren't a part of that village.

sooner_born_1960
9/20/2007, 01:51 PM
The NCED has a hay wagon that can hold 300 people?

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 01:55 PM
dude, true - its a crime - obviously you have to take the context which the noose was hung - if its for a halloween get up, then there's no racial intent

but you put a burning cross in somebody's yard, or hang a noose for intimidation - its a federal crime

Dude, if you say so. The cross in somebody ELSES yard I can see, but if I'm all consumed with hellfire and brimstone and decide to light a cross and hang the devil in my own yard then it's a federal crime?

I just don't think you can legislate "racial intent." Pretty much like burning a flag. It's stupid, but it's still free speech. But if it is a federal crime, I'd like to see the statute - and I'd really like to see who has ever been arrested/convicted for it.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 01:55 PM
The NCED has a hay wagon that can hold 300 people?

Nay. T-Bird Stables has about 6 of them that will though.

JohnnyMack
9/20/2007, 01:56 PM
Dean,

You read what happened and honestly don't think there was any "racial intent" in the hanging of those nooses? Or is it neese?

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2007, 01:56 PM
Dude, if you say so. The cross in somebody ELSES yard I can see, but if I'm all consumed with hellfire and brimstone and decide to light a cross and hang the devil in my own yard then it's a federal crime?

I just don't think you can legislate "racial intent." Pretty much like burning a flag. It's stupid, but it's still free speech. But if it is a federal crime, I'd like to see the statute - and I'd really like to see who has ever been arrested/convicted for it.

its not protected speech - courtesy of the civil rights act - i'm sure you know how to use google to find statutes, i'm certainly not going to do it for you

sooner_born_1960
9/20/2007, 01:57 PM
Intent is so hard to prove.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 01:57 PM
spin that up however you like it, and the kids deserve whatever they've got coming to them for the offense of Battery.....but not attempted murder

Like I said, I didn't/won't read the article, but if somebody is down, unconscious, and you're still delivering kicks/blows to their head I think that's a pretty strong case for attempted murder. No?

OKLA21FAN
9/20/2007, 01:58 PM

CITIZEN ARREST!!!!!!!
(where's Barny when i need him! :pop:
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/1208/5490946_240X180.jpg

sooneron
9/20/2007, 01:59 PM
Where are the freaking parents of all the kids in this mess? Why is it the school's or the PD's fault that things escalated?

Maybe because most of the **** was happening AT the school. That is where the initial incident took place. The second that a gun was pulled, school should have been called off the next day and a curfew enacted.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 01:59 PM
its not protected speech - courtesy of the civil rights act - i'm sure you know how to use google to find statutes, i'm certainly not going to do it for you

Cause you can't.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:01 PM
Maybe because most of the **** was happening AT the school. That is where the initial incident took place. The second that a gun was pulled, school should have been called off the next day and a curfew enacted.

That is so NYC.

The minute a gun was pulled the little ****er who pulled it out should have been hogtied and taken to Butt**** Prison - after being permanently expelled. Why punish the rest of us because one person is stupid?

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2007, 02:02 PM
Like I said, I didn't/won't read the article, but if somebody is down, unconscious, and you're still delivering kicks/blows to their head I think that's a pretty strong case for attempted murder. No?

no, more like aggravated assault

and yes, i can....most definitely

but you cant respond to PM's and frankly, discussing anything with you (at least as I see it) is pointless

picasso
9/20/2007, 02:06 PM
no i wasn't there. doesn't change the veracity of my posts though...was there a point in asking if i was present?

and those that hung the nooses should have been expelled i agree, i don't think the suspensions were severe enough especially in light of all the other tensions in the community.
well you're speaking like you were there. unless you were going off of news reports, which we all know are based on fact most of the time.;)

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:08 PM
no, more like aggravated assault

and yes, i can....most definitely

but you cant respond to PM's and frankly, discussing anything with you (at least as I see it) is pointless

I respond to every pm I get. If you sent one, I responded. And don't get all snarky just because we see things differently. You were raised to hate motorcycles. I was raised to ride fast on them. You were a cop. I was a hellraiser. We're different, you and I. Very different. But I still like you.

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2007, 02:09 PM
no, i sent you one, over a month ago,

no response

sooneron
9/20/2007, 02:09 PM
That is so NYC.

The minute a gun was pulled the little ****er who pulled it out should have been hogtied and taken to Butt**** Prison - after being permanently expelled. Why punish the rest of us because one person is stupid?
WTF?? Wow, that is a dumb insinuation there.

Instead the hayseed sheriff goes and arrests the black kids for taking the gun away from the white kid that pulled it. I would say that would be a good time for a chill the **** out day on the following day of classes. NY has nothing to do with it. It's called an attempt to diffuse the situation. Maybe you should read what actually happened instead of talking out of your ***, mmkay?

picasso
9/20/2007, 02:11 PM
I didn't get one from you either Dean.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ...

JohnnyMack
9/20/2007, 02:13 PM
He failed to respond to mine as well. **** that guy.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:15 PM
WTF?? Wow, that is a dumb insinuation there.

Instead the hayseed sheriff goes and arrests the black kids for taking the gun away from the white kid that pulled it. I would say that would be a good time for a chill the **** out day on the following day of classes. NY has nothing to do with it. It's called an attempt to diffuse the situation. Maybe you should read what actually happened instead of talking out of your ***, mmkay?

Huh? Do you honestly think me reading the story changes anything? If a kid pulls a gun that kid should go to jail. If some other kids took it away and then beat his *** he deserved it - before he should go to jail. WTF does "curfew" and sending everybody home accomplish? Oh, I know, it lets the kids all have a day to get together and plan up how they're gonna have a big rumble in the street. Black on white. Yeah, that's the smart thing to do.

picasso
let's throw Homey in that chopper too.

ppppfftttttt...

1stTimeCaller
who taught Dean the word 'snarky'?

OU Adonis
9/20/2007, 02:16 PM
I thought if you kicked someone with a boot it was considered assault with a deadly weapon. Or maybe it was a steel toed boot? If you were kicking someone that would be considered assault with a deadly weapon and if he was knocked out then why wouldn't that be considered attempted murder?

There is a lot of reverse discrimination nowadays. I know some people who were very tolerant and open now becoming angry and bitter towards minorities because of treatment they recieved.

picasso
9/20/2007, 02:18 PM
what about a beating with a soft shoe?

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:20 PM
no, i sent you one, over a month ago,

no response

I just looked back, and yes, on July 11, you sent me a peem. I do remember reading it now, but based on the question you asked, there is a good chance I didn't respond. So, you're probably right.

Go re-read your message. I don't agree that is what goes on. However, if you're convinced that it is, me responding won't change anything.

Okla-homey
9/20/2007, 02:21 PM
let's throw Homey in that chopper too.

ppppfftttttt...

Leave me out of this.;)

The only reason I brought this up in the first danged place is it is another example of race-baiters aggrandizing and heralding a percieved miscarriage of justice for their own ends. Namely, to show folks there is still a need for their "leadership" to protect the defenseless from the eviles of entrenched racism.

Frankly, this whole thing is way overblown. Thugs on both sides to be sure.

1stTimeCaller
There is a lot of reverse discrimination nowadays.

Please don't use that racist phrase. It implies that only white people practice discrimination.

jk the sooner fan
I thought if you kicked someone with a boot it was considered assault with a deadly weapon. Or maybe it was a steel toed boot? If you were kicking someone that would be considered assault with a deadly weapon and if he was knocked out then why wouldn't that be considered attempted murder?

frankly no, but then it really depends on how the assault and murder statutes are written in the appropriate jurisdiction

every state has their own, and there are subtle differences where a steel toed boot might be a deadly weapon in one state and not in another

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:23 PM
who taught Dean the word 'snarky'?

Every once in a while a SO word seems to work better than real english to describe something. You won't see me typing "teh win" or something like that. "Snarky" is just a good descriptive word and much nicer than saying "whiny or bitchy."

picasso
how about spiked loafers?

sooneron
Huh? Do you honestly think me reading the story changes anything? If a kid pulls a gun that kid should go to jail. If some other kids took it away and then beat his *** he deserved it - before he should go to jail. WTF does "curfew" and sending everybody home accomplish? Oh, I know, it lets the kids all have a day to get together and plan up how they're gonna have a big rumble in the street. Black on white. Yeah, that's the smart thing to do.
No, you put more cars on the street and the next day you make them deal with it under supervision and make them hash it out verbally. The school ****ed up, the town ****ed up, and the parents ****ed up by raising such jackasses in the first place.

If hanging a noose is a fed issue, bring the little rednecks up on whatever. They started the mess in the first place. And yet, all everyone will remember is how the black kids jumped a white kid and protested being busted for it cuz everyone on this board thinks everyone is judged fairly in 2007, so they should quit bitching.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:24 PM
Leave me out of this.;)

The only reason I brought this up in the first danged place is it is another example of race-baiters aggrandizing and heralding a percieved miscarriage of justice for their own ends. Namely, to show folks there is still a need for their "leadership" to protect the defenseless from the eviles of entrenched racism.

I've called you twice and peemed you once. You avoiding me?

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2007, 02:24 PM
I just looked back, and yes, on July 11, you sent me a peem. I do remember reading it now, but based on the question you asked, there is a good chance I didn't respond. So, you're probably right.

Go re-read your message. I don't agree that is what goes on. However, if you're convinced that it is, me responding won't change anything.

i didnt save it to read it, old news at this point

OU Adonis
9/20/2007, 02:26 PM
I've called you twice and peemed you once. You avoiding me?

Sounds like Dean and JKM are going through a breakup :D

Mongo
9/20/2007, 02:27 PM
If hanging a noose is a fed issue, bring the little rednecks up on whatever. They started the mess in the first place. And yet, all everyone will remember is how the black kids jumped a white kid and protested being busted for it cuz everyone on this board thinks everyone is judged fairly in 2007, so they should quit bitching.

If you are going to play sides of a racial argument, it is best not to use bigoted remarks, unless you throw out the other color's word

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:29 PM
If you are going to play sides of a racial argument, it is best not to use bigoted remarks, unless you throw out the other color's word

In Ron's world racism is a one-way street.

sooneron
9/20/2007, 02:33 PM
Two words- Rodeo team

Not to mention, they hung nooses on the school grounds. Sounds pretty redneck to me.

sooneron
9/20/2007, 02:33 PM
In Ron's world racism is a one-way street.
Yes, well, you know all about "Ron's" world don't you?:rolleyes:

sooneron
9/20/2007, 02:34 PM
And most rednecks relish the fact that they are called rednecks. It's a badge.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:36 PM
And most rednecks relish the fact that they are called rednecks. It's a badge.

We prefer "hillbillies" thank you very much.

picasso
9/20/2007, 02:37 PM
I dunno, call one that out here on Keystone Lake and you might get get kicked with a boot.

C&CDean
Yes, well, you know all about "Ron's" world don't you?:rolleyes:

Enough to get by.

jk the sooner fan
i always thought it was the rednecks that had jobs and the hillbillies didnt

Mongo
9/20/2007, 02:38 PM
Two words- Rodeo team

Not to mention, they hung nooses on the school grounds. Sounds pretty redneck to me.

two words- judgemental *******

I aint condoning one bit of what these kids did, but for you to sit there and call out the white as "little rednecks", makes you come across as an *******

sooneron
9/20/2007, 02:39 PM
We prefer "hillbillies" thank you very much.
I didn't realize you were from Jena, LA , on the rodeo team and in the practice of hanging nooses to keep balck kids away. I'll remember to use hillbilly next time.

JohnnyMack
9/20/2007, 02:39 PM
Hey Mongo, remember that time when you were storming the beaches at Normandy and you took out a German pillbox on your own with just a .45 and a hand grenade? God that ruled.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:40 PM
i always thought it was the rednecks that had jobs and the hillbillies didnt

No, no, no.

Redneck = negro. Hillbilly = black. Educationally/socially/culturaly Challenged = African-American.

Get it straight.

1stTimeCaller
why exactly should the "Jenna 6" be set free?

That's why sensible folks don't listen to the race baiters anymore.

Scott D
Leave me out of this.;)

nah, the only time you bring up anything like this is to show a singular point of view, which will in due course fan the flames of heated discussion. It's been the same pattern, and I think that was your intent this time as well. The only difference, is that you left your singleminded preachiness out of it for the most part.

Once again, the protest was in regards to unfair treatment by the prosecution in the charges that were being applied, and how they were being applied. The STATE SUPREME COURT agreed that the prosecution was applying the charges incorrectly. The secondary issues were the fact that despite there being obvious indicators that there were some white youths whom participated in activities that should have gotten them arrested and on trial never happened.

So splain to me how a kid can have an illegal shotgun and intend to use it not get arrested, but yet the kid who takes it from him before he can shoot him gets arrested for stealing the gun from the original kid whom intended to use it?

Mongo
hayseed sheriff

another fine opinion from someone who is against prejudice

sooneron
9/20/2007, 02:41 PM
two words- judgemental *******

I aint condoning one bit of what these kids did, but for you to sit there and call out the white as "little rednecks", makes you come across as an *******
Sorry I touched a nerve.

I'm sorry, who's being judgmental?

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:42 PM
I didn't realize you were from Jena, LA , on the rodeo team and in the practice of hanging nooses to keep balck kids away. I'll remember to use hillbilly next time.

You've used the "rodeo team" about 3 times now. Has NY really rubbed off that much on you? Does a guy in Wranglers, boots, and a hat driving a pickup automatically mean he's a redneck? You've regressed...

sooneron
9/20/2007, 02:43 PM
I judge people by their actions, not their appearance. If a sheriff slaps the cuffs on a black kid for taking a white kids' gun when said white kid pulled it on the black kid...

Scott D
9/20/2007, 02:44 PM
You've used the "rodeo team" about 3 times now. Has NY really rubbed off that much on you? Does a guy in Wranglers, boots, and a hat driving a pickup automatically mean he's a redneck? You've regressed...

nah, he's gotta have a can of skoal in his back pocket and missing at least two front teeth. ;)

Mongo
9/20/2007, 02:44 PM
Hey Mongo, remember that time when you were storming the beaches at Normandy and you took out a German pillbox on your own with just a .45 and a hand grenade? God that ruled.

me and my 1911 .45 could have taken out the Germans and Hitler if I didnt have to catch that incoming mortar the next day after the invasion.

You still gonna brew some moonshine with me and blow up abandonded cars with home made explosives next weekend?

sooneron
9/20/2007, 02:45 PM
I've known plenty of folks that wore shirts confirming they were, in fact redneck. Hell, the osu rodeo team gets plenty of grief around SF.com, but if it's a white/black thing.... interesting.

JohnnyMack
9/20/2007, 02:48 PM
me and my 1911 .45 could have taken out the Germans and Hitler if I didnt have to catch that incoming mortar the next day after the invasion.

You still gonna brew some moonshine with me and blow up abandonded cars with home made explosives next weekend?

I'm preparing the blasting caps as we speak. :D

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 02:48 PM
I've known plenty of folks that wore shirts confirming they were, in fact redneck. Hell, the osu rodeo team gets plenty of grief around SF.com, but if it's a white/black thing.... interesting.

I've never seen a single comment about the OSU rodeo team.

The OSU Swinehumping team? Different story.

sooneron
9/20/2007, 02:49 PM
I've never seen a single comment about the OSU rodeo team.

The OSU Swinehumping team? Different story.
They're out there.

Mongo
9/20/2007, 02:50 PM
Sorry I touched a nerve.

I'm sorry, who's being judgmental?

The only nerve that you touched was my bull**** nerve. Right now, you are pumping out some self righteous bull****, telling how others were wrong and what they were supposed to do, when in fact you have no ****ing clue on how the situation should/could be handled.

Then you are slinging around derrogetory names at one side of the equation.

At least tell us how those dumb ******s made the situation bad too, but you arent willing to sling that word around, are you?

jkjsooner
9/20/2007, 02:53 PM
The next night, 16-year-old Robert Bailey and a few black friends tried to enter a party attended mostly by whites. When Bailey got inside, he was attacked and beaten.

It's disgusting that in this day we still have black parties and white parties. That is, of course, assuming that this was a large party and not just a gathering of close friends.

In either case, if this is in a private residence it is their right to invite whoever they want and exclude whoever they want. When Bailey and his friends entered the premise w/o permission they were trespassing.

Also, I wonder if they were just trying to make a point about not being invited (a psuedo protest) or were they looking for trouble?

The next day, tensions escalated at a local convenience store. Bailey exchanged words with a white student who had been at the party. The white boy ran back to his truck and pulled out a pistol grip shotgun. Bailey ran after him and wrestled him for the gun.

This guy should have been charged with brandishing a weapon - unless he could convince the authorities that his life was truly in jeopardy and needed to protect himself. The fact that the guys took the gun and didn't cause further harm to him would severely undermine that defense.

It sounds like a whole lot of jerks on both sides. The kid who got beaten up sounds like a punk but surely did not deserve what he got.

TexasLidig8r
9/20/2007, 02:54 PM
I tend to be very conservative in my political views, but, from reviewing the reports, it would appear as if there is selective enforcement of the law with race possibly being one of the factors used for this enforcement.

First, take the protestors, Sharpton and Jackson out of the equation. They care little about promoting civil rights of African Americans and more about publicizing their own personal agendas. (I'm still waiting on their public apology to Duke).

The DA speaking to the high school students was meant to intimidate, nothing more.

The refusing to indict the white kid who had the shotgun and brandished it is inexcusable. This is exacerbated by bringing charges against the kid who ended up with it. (And yet, when the DA knows he is going to be trying the case in front of a predominantly white jury, he can seek and prosecute indictments like this).

As for the black kid beaten up, other news reports indicate it was 5 - 6 white kids who beat him up. Where is the inquiry and indictment for assault, battery and possibly hate crimes in this instance?

As for the white kid beaten up, he was in the hospital for a few hours and then attended a party that night. Uh yeah... let's attempt to make the attempted murder charge stand!

The DA's office sounds complicit in fostering an atmosphere based on selective enforcement of the laws, and the school is obviously run by a weak leader afraid to taking a stand for fear that either the white or black community will complain.

In all.. a very messed up situation.

KABOOKIE
9/20/2007, 03:07 PM
On Friday, December 1, there was a private party, attended mostly by whites, (doesn't sound like an all white ******-hatin party to me.) at the Fair Barn. Five black youths, including 16-year-old Robert Bailey, attempted to enter the party at about 11 p.m. According to U.S. Attorney Washington, they were told by a woman that they were not allowed inside without an invitation. The five youths persisted, stating that some friends were already in attendance at the party. A white man, who was not a student, then jumped in front of the woman and a fight ensued. After the fight was broken up, the woman told both the white man and five black youths to leave the party.

An injustice for sure.

The following day, an incident apparently stemming from the Fair Barn fight occurred at a local convenience store. A student who had attended the party encountered Bailey and several friends. An argument ensued, after which the white student ran to his pickup truck and produced a shotgun. Bailey ran after the white student and wrestled him for control of the gun. Bailey's friends intervened in the scuffle and took the gun away. Bailey refused to return it and ultimately took it home with him. Local police reported that the accounts of the white student and black students contradicted each other and formed a report based on testimony taken from eyewitnesses. This resulted in Bailey being charged with three counts: theft of a firearm, second-degree robbery, and disturbing the peace. The white student who produced the weapon was not charged

Mmmm. Sounds like the eyewitnesses to the story on the gun pulling had a different view. Maybe these same punks were going to beat this guy up and he ran to get his gun? I'm seeing a patern here of Many vs. 1.

Stoop Dawg
9/20/2007, 03:08 PM
This thread is disappointing, even for SO standards.

Homey's first post was dead wrong. The 6 kids were NOT convicted. Hell, only one of them has even been tried.

Dean, if you're not gonna read the story the STFU. Go start some other thread about how it's not okay for 6 kids to beat up 1 kid. I'm sure you'll get lots of agreement. However, that's NOT what this thread is about so your comments on it here are useless. This thread is about the racial tensions/situation in LA.

After reading about the incident from several differnt sources, I'd have to say that I'd be pretty ****ed off too.

1. Instigated by black - Black kid sits under a tree.

2. Escalated by white - White kids hang nooses in an obvious attempt to intimidate blacks and keep them from sitting under the stupid tree. (non violent)

3. Escalated by black - The next day some blacks stage a protest under the stupid tree. (non violent)

4. Escalated by white - Then some white kids beat up a black kid for going to a party. Where's the outrage from you rednecks/hillbillies over this? Whites aparantly took the situation to a whole new level - violence.

5. Escalated by white - The next day, a white kid pulls a FREAKING GUN on some black kids. Black kids arrested for taking the gun away. Holy freaking hell!!

6. Escalated by black - The next day this dumbass white boy gets his *** kicked for bragging about gang-beating a black kid.

And here we sit, after all that ****, with 6 blacks facing charges and NO WHITES. Gimme a fukking break.

I'm as white as a white boy can be and even I can see the injustice in that story.

1stTimeCaller
9/20/2007, 03:18 PM
this doesn't ruin your argument but I never read that the shotgun was 'illegal'.

So splain to me how a kid can have an illegal shotgun ...

Also Scott, your point of view on this issue isn't that multifaceted.

Scott D
9/20/2007, 03:19 PM
I wasn't aware that pistol grips on shotguns were the way to go these days.

Scott D
9/20/2007, 03:22 PM
lemme rephrase that...since Remington makes one. I wasn't aware it was legal to own a pistol grip shotgun if you weren't a member of the police or military.

FaninAma
9/20/2007, 03:24 PM

So, once your kid leaves home and walks onto school property a parent has an excuse to no longer keep up with what his/her kids are doing or what kind of things are happening at the school that may have a detrimental impact on his/her kids education or physical well being?

That's exactly the type of head-in-the-sand parenting that allows this crap to go on.

I think very highly of the school my kids go to and I trust the administrators and teachers of the school but I'll be damned if I will allow myself to not be aware of the daily actions and activities of my kids while they are at school.

BTW Stoop Dawg, what is the source of the version of the story that you are using to recount the events? I'd like to see the source before I accept it as fact.

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 03:26 PM
This thread is disappointing, even for SO standards.

Homey's first post was dead wrong. The 6 kids were NOT convicted. Hell, only one of them has even been tried.

Dean, if you're not gonna read the story the STFU. Go start some other thread about how it's not okay for 6 kids to beat up 1 kid. I'm sure you'll get lots of agreement. However, that's NOT what this thread is about so your comments on it here are useless. This thread is about the racial tensions/situation in LA.

After reading about the incident from several differnt sources, I'd have to say that I'd be pretty ****ed off too.

1. Instigated by black - Black kid sits under a tree.

2. Escalated by white - White kids hang nooses in an obvious attempt to intimidate blacks and keep them from sitting under the stupid tree. (non violent)

3. Escalated by black - The next day some blacks stage a protest under the stupid tree. (non violent)

4. Escalated by white - Then some white kids beat up a black kid for going to a party. Where's the outrage from you rednecks/hillbillies over this? Whites aparantly took the situation to a whole new level - violence.

5. Escalated by white - The next day, a white kid pulls a FREAKING GUN on some black kids. Black kids arrested for taking the gun away. Holy freaking hell!!

6. Escalated by black - The next day this dumbass white boy gets his *** kicked for bragging about gang-beating a black kid.

And here we sit, after all that ****, with 6 blacks facing charges and NO WHITES. Gimme a fukking break.

I'm as white as a white boy can be and even I can see the injustice in that story.

Meh. And your opinion is better than anybody elses ...... why?

r5TPsooner
9/20/2007, 03:26 PM
I just don't get it.

sooneron
9/20/2007, 03:35 PM
The only nerve that you touched was my bull**** nerve. Right now, you are pumping out some self righteous bull****, telling how others were wrong and what they were supposed to do, when in fact you have no ****ing clue on how the situation should/could be handled.

Then you are slinging around derrogetory names at one side of the equation.

At least tell us how those dumb ******s made the situation bad too, but you arent willing to sling that word around, are you?
Why no, the connotation of THAT word is reserved for people that truly hate. Unfortunately, black people use it all too often. I consider what the black kids/thugs/gangbangers or whatever you want to see them as what they did- was wrong as I noted a few pages back. Feel free to ignore that. I also said "all parents" ****ed up. Guess you skimmed that part too. I at least proposed what could have been done and what has been done in the past in other municipalities where similar instances have arisen. I believe that it has worked to some extent from what I have read. Please enlighten me as to what I said indicated I had "NO ****ING CLUE". Like I said, similar policies had been undertaken elsewhere. What is your genius plan? Let the sheriff uphold the right to bear arms when those arms are being brandished at kids? Let the justice system keep protecting the rich and giving the poor such ****ty counsel? Hell, homey being a lawyer in training, should be more outraged by the defense that the kid got instead of Sharpton et al's actions.

Whatever dude. You wanna keep calling me names for jumping on some people for some pretty indefensible actions, then keep firing.

Just remember to **** off.

TIA

C&CDean
9/20/2007, 03:37 PM
See? Racial bickering brings out the worst in everybody.