PDA

View Full Version : The Police

jthomasou78
7/1/2007, 06:15 PM
I caught the reunion concert last night in New Orleans. They were great. Sting was much more punk rock Sting and much less tantric Sting. They seemed to actually enjoy playing together to.

On a side note New Orleans in the touristy area is great. We stayed in a fantastic hotel the Lowe's dirt cheap. We were across the street from Harrah's, five blocks from the quarter and bourbon street, and 10 blocks from the Superdome and the Arena. If you are looking for a weekend getaway think about checking New Orleans out.

OUHOMER
7/1/2007, 08:51 PM
did you fell safe?

jthomasou78
7/2/2007, 06:53 AM
Yes I felt totally safe. Now I wasnt out taking a leisurely walk through the ninth ward, but it was fine.

BajaOklahoma
7/2/2007, 07:40 AM
Did you go see TU? His feelings are gonna be hurt if you didn't go see him.

TUSooner
7/2/2007, 07:44 AM
Did you go see TU? His feelings are gonna be hurt if you didn't go see him.
I'm crushed. Yes, CRUSHED, I tell ya!
:D

Glad you had a good time, jt.

Scott D
7/2/2007, 12:37 PM
after comments made after the first couple of shows, I'm surprised their tour has lasted this long...the money must be good.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/2/2007, 03:45 PM
They must have gotten their act together. I went Sat night and thought they were very good also. Maybe they got some sleep the night before.

Yes, the money is damn good - $50 - $200 a tic

jthomasou78
7/2/2007, 09:12 PM
It was bizarre walking past the Superdome and still seeing remnants of the horror that was Post Katrina New Orleans. Surreal really.

BigRedJed
7/2/2007, 09:35 PM
Saw them last week in Dallas. Meh.

I mean, it was a good show and all, but they didn't convince me that they were especially enjoying it. This was the second time I've seen them, and the fourth time I've seen Sting (besides the Police show, I saw Nothing Like the Sun and Soul Cages). It was his fourth-best performance of the four.

Andy Summers was technically outstanding, but his guitar solos wore on me. Since when was the Police EVER about him doing Clapton-style extended solos? It was almost like, "look what I've been doing the last 25 years -- PRACTICING!!"

Stewart Copeland was also pretty outstanding, technically. I mean really, really good. REALLY good.

But sometimes it seemed like I was watching three separate shows where each guy happened to be playing exactly what the guys in the other two shows were playing, all at the same time. It was weird. Painfully obvious that it was all about the paycheck, IMO.

That said, I'm glad I went. They're one of my top 10 favorite bands of all time (maybe top 5), and it was great to hear some of the songs that I most closely identify with my junior high and high school years.

King Crimson
7/2/2007, 09:40 PM
stew copeland is the only thing about the police that interests me in 2007.

he's awesome.

for my money, (none), i can get by with all the old stuff on youtube of which there is a lot.

SoonerProphet
7/3/2007, 09:18 AM
I'll take me some Oysterhead over The Police anyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8aKyjy5W1k