PDA

View Full Version : College Football News said OU's '07 recruiting only 5th best in Big 12

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/1/2007, 03:08 PM
College Football News wasn't impressed with our class. I don't see how they rated aggy ahead of us.
http://cfn.scout.com/2/618222.html

goingoneight
7/1/2007, 05:17 PM
That's OUr 2007 class. Recruiting gurus don't look at the quality of what you're trying to build in linemen, kickers, athletes, etc (which is precisely what most of OUr 2007 class was). They usually look at HS All-Americans, 5-star RBs, decent-to-good quarterbacks, etc. That's why everytime you hear about a recruiting class beign great, you hear about the DeMarco Murrays and Adrian Petersons first, and the Phil Loadholdts last. Both types are equally tremendous in the teams building and overall effort, but only the skill positions really receive the recognition.

And having said that, I understand why they thought Gundy's recruiting class was a bit better. But in a few years we'll be stocked everywhere, and they'll be without OL and other key positions we're building on right now, ourselves. That's Gundy and OSU's biggest problem, they're shooting for hotshot recruits, and they're not looking at the big picture. That is extremely dangerous to a team when kids start transferring or getting kicked off and stuff like that.

If they underrate OUr 2008 class, well than I think they're just stupid and aggy altogether.

insuranceman_22
7/2/2007, 12:55 AM
What has America come to? This dick-weed got paid to write this crap? Oh well......

King Crimson
7/4/2007, 04:28 AM
i figger it has more to do with the relatively small size (numerically) of the class. but, the writer (and his editor) can't spell Chizik and seems to think there was a time when Mizzou was "really, really good" on D in the last few years.

Jdog
7/5/2007, 06:25 PM
for 2007, it looks about right - Quality over Quantity - next year will be better

goingoneight
7/5/2007, 10:15 PM
I'll bet you that if Loadholdt and Nichol pan out, somewhere around 3 of those top four would kill to have had them. It was a small recruiting class based on need, not on stockpiling... we'll be alright.