PDA

View Full Version : Sportscenter is bored again

SteelClip49
7/1/2007, 11:50 AM
They are doing a 32 person bracket based on WHO'S NOW, such as comparing players in all sports and their accomplishments on and off the field. Today was the 1/8 matchup which was Tiger Woods vs. Matt Leinart. Next will be the 4/5 matchup: Dwyane Wade and Shaun White the skateboarder. WHY IN THE F DOES ESPN DO THIS?????????

It's not even possible to compare a golfer to a pretty boy quarterback. Woods has done a lot off the field anyways with his own foundations and donating lots of money to charities.

Leinart did Paris Hilton.

I guess ESPN is also on major football withdrawl as well.

IronSooner
7/1/2007, 12:37 PM
I don't really plan on watching ESPN Until late August, so until then they can talk about whatever they want.

goingoneight
7/1/2007, 05:19 PM
Matt Leinart? You mean that n00b Arizona QB??? How does he even sniff the jock of a guy setting records with every tourney (Tiger)?

I swear, MTV and ESPN are joined at the hip sometimes looking for popularity.

bluedogok
7/1/2007, 08:15 PM
ESPN is run by an entertainment company now and not sports people. Pretty much the same thing happened to MTV/VH1/CMT when an entertainment company took them over instead of music minded people and many other channels that lost their original direction chasing general market share like Discovery, A&E, Speed.

stoopified
7/2/2007, 07:59 AM
In the offseason people are desperate to fill the time until kickoff.Some watch baseball,some go to the movies,some post on football boards, and others pay attention to ESPN .I say do whatever works for you.Personally watching bowling,poker on ESPN is like watching paint dry.

bstuff1979
7/2/2007, 08:22 AM
In the offseason people are desperate to fill the time until kickoff.Some watch baseball,some go to the movies,some post on football boards, and others pay attention to ESPN .I say do whatever works for you.Personally watching bowling,poker on ESPN is like watching paint dry.

A solid chunk of my time is spent watching paint dry. I know watching paint dry. ESPN Classic's presentation of bowling and poker is no watching paint dry. On the upside, ESPNU seems to have college football on a daily basis now.