PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning good news out of Iraq from my little brother

Hatfield
7/1/2007, 10:07 AM
we were talking last night and I could tell he was pretty pumped up. seems a terrorist group had designs of setting up shop near their city/sector and last night our troops led an offense that included an apache lighting **** up....end result was over 30 less of them

he said it will probably hit the news but they are still tallying up the damage they inflicted so it might be a few days

they had intel that the group coming in had a few snipers...and now there are a few bodies that had sniper rifles...so thankfully they don't have to worry about them anymore.

i told him that my stance with people entering his sector is that they can go home or go to hell i don't care which as long as he comes back to me.

Tailwind
7/1/2007, 10:12 AM
Good for them! I pray he comes home whole.

SoonerBorn68
7/1/2007, 10:18 AM
Hoo-Ray for the good guys! ...and when you say "tallying up the damage" I'm hoping it's literally picking up the pieces.

Prayers to your little bro & the rest of our fighting men and women!

Hatfield
7/1/2007, 10:21 AM
that was my understanding. apparently they made lots of things go boom and so they are looking at how much and what was damaged and taken out.

great message to send to those thinking of moving in to that territory.

jk the sooner fan
7/1/2007, 12:02 PM
prayers and good thoughts for your brother!

85Sooner
7/1/2007, 12:08 PM
The DBM will report that we shot up a bunch of civilians probably.

Tell him to stay safe.

jk the sooner fan
7/1/2007, 12:12 PM
The DBM will report that we shot up a bunch of civilians probably.

you dont say? (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12370634/)

Hatfield
7/1/2007, 12:21 PM
the thing that sucks is that the actions of the troops are not only vetted through the political machine here in the states, but also victim to the political manipulations of the iraqi gov't as well....and it seems everyone is pulling in a different direction

VeeJay
7/1/2007, 12:27 PM
Hatfield - spek to you on this one. Your brother is in my prayers and hopes for a safe return, and a victorious one.

God Bless him and his fellow soldiers over there.

Okla-homey
7/1/2007, 12:29 PM
May God bless him and his comrades. May they shoot straight and send every jihaadi who enters their sector straight to Allah.

IronSooner
7/1/2007, 12:35 PM
But an Iraqi official put the death toll lower, at eight, and said they were civilians. Residents also said eight civilians were killed in their homes, angrily accusing American troops of firing wildly during the pre-dawn assault.

Sadr City is the Iraqi capital’s largest Shiite neighborhood — home to some 2.5 million people — making U.S. raids there potentially embarrassing for al-Maliki’s Shiite-led government.

I'm sure that official is absolutely trustworthy and has no agenda whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Congrats to your brother and happy hunting in the future.

85Sooner
7/1/2007, 02:15 PM

That was quick.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/1/2007, 03:23 PM
Here's to your brother and all the US forces kicking the terrorists dead, and then coming home safely.

OklahomaTuba
7/1/2007, 11:44 PM
Here Here!

This blogger traveling with the troops has some news on AQ basically wiping out the people of a village.

On 29 June, American and Iraqi soldiers were again fighting side-by-side as soldiers from Charley Company 1-12 CAV, led by Captain Clayton Combs, and Iraqi soldiers from the 5th IA, closed in on a village on the outskirts of Baqubah. The village had the apparent misfortune of being located near a main road—about 3.5 miles from FOB Warhorse—that al Qaeda liked to bomb. Al Qaeda had taken over the village. As Iraqi and American soldiers moved in, they came under light contact; but the bombs planted in the roads, and maybe in the houses, were the real threat.
The firefight progressed. American missiles were fired. The enemy might have been trying to bait Iraqi and American soldiers into ambush, but it did not work. The village was riddled with bombs, some of them large enough to destroy a tank. One by one, experts destroyed the bombs, leaving small and large craters in the unpaved roads.
The village was abandoned. All the people were gone. But where?
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/bless-the-beasts-and-children.htm

olevetonahill
7/2/2007, 12:11 AM
My prayers for BrotherHat , JK2 , And Sgt. Troy Langley , any others ?

Hatfield
7/2/2007, 01:10 AM

for the record the article linked isn't the offensive that my brother was talking about. he says it still hasn't hit the news

OklahomaRed
7/2/2007, 01:24 PM
Good luck to your brother. I have a good friend who's son is over there as well. He's a sniper. He will soon be on his 3rd tour.

olevetonahill
7/2/2007, 01:35 PM
Mods a ?
Can we get a sticky, and Post all the names of our friends and loved ones who are in Harms way?
kthksplz :cool: