PDA

View Full Version : Can it please quit raining for about 3 days?

tulsaoilerfan
6/30/2007, 02:45 PM
It has rained here every day for over 2 weeks straight; you could hide a dead body in my lawn and it wouldn't be found until Christmas i think. Also, while you are at it, could we please get to play another baseball game? My son's team hasn't gotten to play for 21 days now. I know this may seem kinda petty, but i'm sick of this crap and wish the rain could move on to the areas that now need it like we USED to:mad:

OUHOMER
6/30/2007, 02:48 PM
I hear ya. my dog gets lost in the back yard

TopDaugIn2000
6/30/2007, 03:04 PM
I'm gonna plant a rice farm in my backyard.

and I'm gonna put lawn mower blades on the bottom of a boat, thinking THAT might be the only way to get my yard mowed.

GrapevineSooner
6/30/2007, 03:04 PM
I'll forward your request to the low pressure system camped about 90 miles to the south of Wichita Falls.

Scott D
6/30/2007, 03:17 PM
it hasn't rained here in about 3 days....went from upper 80s low 90s with high humidity to upper 70s low 80s with low humidity since the rain....thanks :)

Newbomb Turk
6/30/2007, 04:03 PM
So far, a pretty good day in OKC (knock on wood). Cloudy all day and a few sprinkles, but no downpours.

I actually was able to mow my lawn, although it was still kinda wet. The grass on top is nice and green, but after cutting it the stuff below is a bit yellow.

WE NEED SOME SUN!

tulsaoilerfan
6/30/2007, 05:39 PM
The bad thing is it will take probably 3 days of sunshine for the lawn to dry out enough to even attempt to mow it; we moved into this house in the Summer of 2000, and it didn't rain for like 2 months after we moved in; what a difference this is.

tulsaoilerfan
6/30/2007, 08:00 PM
Well our state tournament this weekend has been cancelled, again; the World Series for our age group is supposed to start July 8 in BA, and assuming we get to play, we will have gone almost one full month between games; we won our last tourney and were hoping to get some momentum for this event, but now we are back to square one; really, really, frustrating to kids, coaches, and parents.

Soonerus
6/30/2007, 09:15 PM
18 straight days in OKC and counting, a new record...

OUTromBoNado
6/30/2007, 11:08 PM
Hulah Lake west of Bartlesville is 110% full right now.:eek:

Mjcpr
6/30/2007, 11:13 PM
Mohawk Park was the epicenter of it today I guess since that's where I went to play golf. Played 9 holes, paid for 18....2 downpours and a rain check later for 1/2 of 9 holes at twilight (what's that, $2?) I went to the house.......where nary a drop had fallen.

:mad:

GrapevineSooner
7/1/2007, 12:10 AM
Actually, the low pressure system moved over Oklahoma. And under normal circumstances, the jet stream would pull the damn thing up towards the northeast.

Problem is, there's a High pressure system that actually got a little stronger and is going to pull the low pressure system back towards us the next few days, meaning more rain.

tulsaoilerfan
7/1/2007, 02:53 AM
Actually, the low pressure system moved over Oklahoma. And under normal circumstances, the jet stream would pull the damn thing up towards the northeast.

Problem is, there's a High pressure system that actually got a little stronger and is going to pull the low pressure system back towards us the next few days, meaning more rain.
PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!:(

OUHOMER
7/1/2007, 06:35 AM
I swear the grass in the back yard grew another 2 inches over night. Instead of mowing i need to cut it and bail it

Spray
7/1/2007, 10:23 AM
Honestly- send it to B'Ham. No significant rainfall on my front yard for going on two months now. I spent a good bit of money to make it green and it is just burning up- can't water due to restrictions. AAARGH! Spread the precipitory love!

Okieflyer
7/1/2007, 10:28 AM
Well our state tournament this weekend has been cancelled, again; the World Series for our age group is supposed to start July 8 in BA, and assuming we get to play, we will have gone almost one full month between games; we won our last tourney and were hoping to get some momentum for this event, but now we are back to square one; really, really, frustrating to kids, coaches, and parents.

I didn't hear what happened in Owasso, did anyone play last night? We're supposed to be in Broken Arrow next week for the Series too.

Sooner_Bob
7/1/2007, 01:28 PM
I was finally able to mow my yard yesterday . . . the front looks great, but the back has little push-mower ruts all over it. I'm sure I'll need to mow again by Wednesday or Thursday.

tulsaoilerfan
7/1/2007, 07:58 PM
I didn't hear what happened in Owasso, did anyone play last night? We're supposed to be in Broken Arrow next week for the Series too.
Not sure, what tourney was in Owasso? I know that USSSA was supposed to be playing in Sand Springs, and our Super Series was rained out in BA, so i doubt anyone in Owasso got to play either. What age group is your kid in, 10 or 13?

Okieflyer
7/1/2007, 08:46 PM
Not sure, what tourney was in Owasso? I know that USSSA was supposed to be playing in Sand Springs, and our Super Series was rained out in BA, so i doubt anyone in Owasso got to play either. What age group is your kid in, 10 or 13?

He's 10. Yeah Owasso definately got rained out. They were playing the 'AA' tourney. We're going to BA with the Edmond Tigers.

tulsaoilerfan
7/1/2007, 09:27 PM
We will be there in the 13 year old bracket with the Tulsa Rangers; hope we both get to play

Chuck Bao
7/2/2007, 12:12 AM
I came home to do some farm work. Even if the sun comes out for the next 4-5 days, I probably still won't be able to get into my fields.

For this type of rain, I might as well go back to Thailand.

:mad

soonerboomer93
7/2/2007, 08:14 AM
my friend says we're having a strange rainy season here, only raining like every other day, but very cloudy every day

I justh ope the weather is good enough on thursday for the helicoptor to fly...