PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hubler

royalfan5
6/30/2007, 08:12 AM
So my office mate invited me to attend an LDS church service with him and his wife and child. Do I have to wear anything special?

Okla-homey
6/30/2007, 09:07 AM
I'm not Hubler, but I went to a meeting once.

No special dress requirments. Business casual is fine. You don't get the special underwear until you get baptised.

However, I would avoid asking a lot of pointed questions about membership requirements and church canon. They like to hook potential converts on the wholesome family atmosphere stuff before laying on the more bizarre aspects such as their disbelief of the concept of the Holy Trinity (which IMHO makes them a non-Christian religion -- since the Trinity is a fundamental article of faith* among all Christian denominations,) the secret ritual, temple ceremonials and mandatory tithing.

* Nicene Creed (c. 300 A.D.) We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father by whom all things were made; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary, and was made man, and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was buried, and the third day he rose again according to the Scriptures, and ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of the Father. And he shall come again with glory to judge both the quick and the dead, whose kingdom shall have no end.

And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life, who proceedeth from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, who spoke by the prophets. And we believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins. And we look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Sooner24
6/30/2007, 09:33 AM
I thought they had their services in the nude? You might want to hit the ab machine before you go. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
6/30/2007, 04:01 PM
So my office mate invited me to attend an LDS church service with him and his wife and child. Do I have to wear anything special?

You're required to change your first name to Elder. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
6/30/2007, 11:26 PM
http://www.mormon-underwear.com/