PDA

View Full Version : EP vs. LP

OUAndy1807
6/29/2007, 07:24 PM
I hope that with the new digital music revolution (and the move away from CD's) we start seeing more bands releasing EP's rather than LP's. I'm so sick of 50+ minutes that's half quality material and half filler. Also, I even if the songs are good, I get bored with a particular sound after 20 minutes or so. And don't get me started on double albums (Old 97's Alive and Wired being the obvious exception)

What say you? Do you prefer 5-6 quality songs or 12 songs of varying degrees of quality?

Okla-homey
6/29/2007, 07:53 PM
Elvis was intended to be listened to on vinyl.

Just saying.

yermom
6/29/2007, 08:01 PM
nope, just you.

oh and from here on out, i'm only listening to Elvis on vinyl

Melo
6/29/2007, 08:08 PM
Downloading is the logical solution to this.

Download the few songs you enjoy.

I dont EVER buy the album to 'check this band out'. I download their music. If I like it, I go buy the cd to support them, stick it in my cd case and probably never even put the darn thing in a cd player. Problem solved.

slickdawg
6/30/2007, 11:59 AM

I dont EVER buy the album to 'check this band out'. I download their music. If I like it, I go buy the cd to support them, stick it in my cd case and probably never even put the darn thing in a cd player. Problem solved.

Melo is very SMRT!

Okieflyer
6/30/2007, 12:10 PM

Ditto! :D

Especially the part about "probably never even put the darn thing in a cd player". :O

Rogue
6/30/2007, 03:52 PM
I still dig me some live albums.

royalfan5
6/30/2007, 04:06 PM
I prefer concept double LP's myself, or a multiple album song cycle that tells a story.

silverwheels
6/30/2007, 04:13 PM
EPs are nice, but if they're actually good, they leave you wanting more, and sometimes it takes bands years to follow a stellar EP up with a full album. So they're a good/bad type of thing.