PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's "The 100"

the_ouskull
6/29/2007, 06:53 PM
Any of youse guys see this...?

The 100 plays, performances, and moments that "define the sport."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2920557

I'm looking but I only found two Sooner moments on there, and one of them was the Boise State game. (The other: Troy Aikman breaking his leg... #34.)

How on Earth, in 50+ years of VAST dominance, can the Sooners only have those two moments? How can "The Kick" not be in the Top 10? If that happened today, Von Foot would be a first-day draft pick. (Probably the 3rd round, but still...)

Wait, I found another one... "#42. Notre Dame stops OU's 47-game winning streak."

Hell, why not throw in Tejas' amazing ability to shrink the field during the 1984 game? That's another "defining moment in college football..." Or how's about the 2006 Oregon game? That brilliant use of instant replay certainly "defined what the sport is 'all about' didn't it?" It's a no-brainer, really.

...I hate being so much smarter than everybody else.

the_ouskull

Flagstaffsooner
6/29/2007, 06:55 PM
What did you expect from them?

the_ouskull
6/29/2007, 06:58 PM
What can anybody ever truly wish for...?

Recognition... Hope... A warm meal...

the_ouskull

sooner94
6/29/2007, 07:01 PM
Well, we were involved in #4, so we get some credit for the Game of the Century.

The only mention of the 47 game win streak is when it was ended. :mad:

the_ouskull
6/29/2007, 07:14 PM
Well, we were involved in #4, so we get some credit for the Game of the Century.

The only mention of the 47 game win streak is when it was ended. :mad:

Indeed. Thank you for catching that. I guess that I so completely blocked that game out of my memory (much like 1984 OU/Tejas, 2005 Tejas Tech, and 2006 Oregon) that I couldn't even see it when I saw it.

Nice work, me.

the_ouskull

Seamus
6/29/2007, 09:42 PM
Nice work, me.

Maddox, is that you ... ?

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bpitu_logo1d.gif

The Best Page in the Universe (http://maddox.xmission.com/) :D

the_ouskull
6/29/2007, 10:06 PM
I've never really been much of a fan of his "work," but I admire the H*ll out of his readership totals...

the_ouskull

snp
6/29/2007, 10:39 PM
Maybe they should've taken a bit more time thinking and arranging truly memorable moments than writing 100 crappy puns.

the_ouskull
6/30/2007, 12:22 AM
Like the word "ninja" in your name would imply, sir, that was dead on target.

the_ouskull

goingoneight
6/30/2007, 02:43 AM
Seriously, that's pathetic. PT's drive in the 2006 BIG 12 Champeenship was more exciting than the Domer win over us. The Domer win was simply the end of an already untouchable winning streak. That's horribly obvious that three of their "best" is embarassing moments for us.
Hell, ESPN... why don't you put the game which we don not speak of up there as the "game of the century" while you're at it.

IndianJack
6/30/2007, 10:18 AM
Ivan Maisel is a such a tool. Anybody ever see him freeze up when he's been on the air? Heh-larious. If it weren't for Notre Dame, it appears his list would dwindle to a top 25. When you're finished skobbin' TD Jesus' knob and fellating the four horsemen, make a real list, Maisel. Ivan... Maisel..., you're on... Oh, f#*k it. Go back to Donnan.

the_ouskull
6/30/2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah, they didn't publish my comment. Go figure. I LOVE censorship. It's like a warning label on life for people who are too stupid to decide for themselves...

the_ouskull

IndianJack
6/30/2007, 11:54 AM
27. 12th Man: Tommy Lewis comes off the sideline to tackle Dicky Moegle. (Jan. 1 1954)

The Maisel rip must continue. His quote of Lewis is off, and it takes the humor right out of it by taking it out of the context in which it famously appeared. On Ed Sullivan of all places, when asked by Ed what he was thinking, Lewis' reply is, (in the heaviest southern accent imaginable) "Well Ed, I was... I was just so full of Alabama." One of my favorite Sullivan moments right behind Morrison's giving it to the network censors. Maybe someone should light Maisel('s) fire/on fire. :D

KingDavid
6/30/2007, 06:19 PM
silly list.

starrca23
6/30/2007, 06:28 PM
Did anyone count how many times Alabama was on there? It seemed like almost every other one to me.

SoonerInKCMO
6/30/2007, 06:29 PM
You mean there's a list of 'moments'/games/plays from a 100+ year history of a sport that has involved hundreds of colleges and we only were involved in 3% of them?!?! OH THE HORROR!!! :rolleyes:

CU Sooner
7/1/2007, 09:31 AM
Take the domers, succ, and bama out and there's not much of a list. You can see who he follows.