PDA

View Full Version : question for the left handed folks here

Ike
6/29/2007, 02:44 PM
How many activities do you do right handed?

For me it's just two. Writing and guitar pickin. Had a teacher early on that made me put the pencil in my right hand. As such, I have horrible handwriting. Three if you count kicking a soccer ball right footed. I don't count that though as soccer is only a pseudo-sport.

royalfan5
6/29/2007, 02:47 PM
I write with my right hand and one other non-disclosed activity with my right hand. My Mom was my first grade teacher, and forced me to write with my right hand because it would be easier to teach me cursive. As a result, I learned cursive, but my writing is illegible.

Petro-Sooner
6/29/2007, 02:48 PM
When you add do you use your right or left hand fingers? I use my right. :cool: :D

OUAndy1807
6/29/2007, 02:48 PM
I play golf right handed, play guitar right handed and my right foot is my dominant foot. other than that, my right arm is pretty useless.

Howzit
6/29/2007, 02:51 PM
I play golf right handed, play guitar right handed and my right foot is my dominant foot. other than that, my right arm is pretty useless.

Me too, except I pick my left nostril with my right hand and my right nostril with my left hand.

Newbomb Turk
6/29/2007, 02:52 PM
reminds me of the scissors we used in grade school art class - If I remember correctly, the ones for the left handers had "lefty" stamped on them.

Flagstaffsooner
6/29/2007, 02:59 PM
Write lefty, sports right. Most other things I do with both hands. I do lift my right cheek to fart.

slickdawg
6/29/2007, 03:02 PM
I write and eat left, everything else is right.

soonervegas
6/29/2007, 03:05 PM

Same exact here. Unless I am back slapping my wife....and the I usually prefer the right hand.

The Maestro
6/29/2007, 03:07 PM
I am absolutely the most left-handed person I know. I can't do a damn thing with my right hand...not even The Shocker! Left footed, too. Golf, sports, write--all left. I look retarded trying anything with my right hand or foot.

Vaevictis
6/29/2007, 03:12 PM
Left Hand: Fork. Spoon. Write. Mouse.

Right Hand: Knife. Chopsticks. Almost everything related to sports, except batting where I am only slightly more competent swinging right handed than left handed.

Weird thing: I do all my sports related stuff right handed, but I tested my grip on a grip strength measurer in a museum recently, and my left handed grip was over three times as strong as my right handed grip.

Petro-Sooner
6/29/2007, 03:13 PM
Do they make left handed mice? You know with the buttons oppostie a right handed mouse.

Vaevictis
6/29/2007, 03:20 PM
Probably, but none in the models I want.

I'm used to just using them cross-wise left-handed; as long as the "ergonomic" curve isn't too wonky, it doesn't make a difference to me.

Flagstaffsooner
6/29/2007, 03:23 PM
I'm right handed mouse but I had a bad injury to my right wrist about a month ago. I used my left hand ok except I kept screwing up the right/left click.

goodonya
6/29/2007, 03:32 PM
Pretty interesting topic. When I could afford to have my first custom suit made the gentleman was measuring and chalking on the un hemmed suit. The tailor moved his hands on top of my front pockets and asked me "do you dress right or left?" At this point I didn't understand the question and said "huh". Well, I figured it out soon enough and was embarrassed beyond belief for an hour.

BajaOklahoma
6/29/2007, 03:59 PM
I write, use a fork and spoon left handed. Everything else is right-handed.

I know my lefty son always changes his mouse to a lefty - in the computer setup area, I believe.

Ike
6/29/2007, 04:04 PM
Do they make left handed mice? You know with the buttons oppostie a right handed mouse.
Most OSes have a little known option that allows you to switch the functionality of the left and right mouse buttons.

But most lefties I know just use em Hendrix-style anyway.

Speaking of which, any of you lefties ever shot with a righty bolt-action rifle?

which hand did you use to work the bolt? I found in that situation it was actually easier to use the right hand rather than reaching around with the left...the left tends to get hit with the spent shells if you reach around to use it.

HskrGrl
6/29/2007, 04:12 PM
I have a question... is left handedness hereditary? My youngest son is left handed, but no one that we know of on either side of our families is? That leads me to believe that going against the norm and using one's left hand is more a "choice". :P

BudSooner
6/29/2007, 04:14 PM
I throw with the left, bat right, write left, scratch myself with my left,mouse right,shoot rifle/shotgun left, bowhunt right(weird eh?)golf left,stab people with my left.

apusooner
6/29/2007, 04:20 PM
i can throw right or left, but i favor the left. it seems more natural. but i played tennis right handed, and i golf right handed. i can't do either of those worth a crap left handed. it doesnt make much sense. i can write with both hands, but i favor the right. when i played baseball as a kid, i would take two gloves and switch which side i threw with. whichever one was more comfortable at the moment. but i could only bat right handed.

i shoot rifles left handed and handguns right.

with just a few days of practice, i can do left or right equal with almost anything, except golf and batting.

Scott D
6/29/2007, 04:20 PM
I have a question... is left handedness hereditary? My youngest son is left handed, but no one that we know of on either side of our families is? That leads me to believe that going against the norm and using one's left hand is more a "choice". :P

clearly you are around 'away from home' Kansans who are brainwashing you with their "theory of deevolution" ;)

jeremy885
6/29/2007, 04:24 PM
Left handed for everything except a using a mouse. Tried to do the left handed thing, but it just didn't feel right.

Hereditary, could be because both my father and his mother are left handed.