PDA

View Full Version : This is freaky

HskrGrl
6/29/2007, 01:08 PM
Cell phone stalking case stumps investigators

10:56 AM PDT on Friday, June 29, 2007

KING5.com Staff and Associated Press

The Kuykendall family is receiving threats on their cell phones FIRCREST, Wash. - Cell phone stalkers continue to harass three Fircrest families despite the efforts of police and Pierce County deputies to track them down.

The families say they have received harassing and threatening messages since February that seem to defy what is supposed to be possible through cell phone technology.

One Fircrest resident, Heather Kuykendall, has received hundred of obscene messages and voice mails threatening to kill every member of her family, including the dog.

"They were going to kill us, slice our throats," Kuykendall recently told KING5 News. "(They) named all of the names of our children. That's when I said this is not right."

The stalkers have apparently hijacked mobile phones, although Sprint spokesman Matt Sullivan says he has heard of no technology that would explain it.

For the Kuykendalls, the first to be targeted was Heather's 16-year-old daughter Courtney. They somehow cloned or hijacked her cell phone, using her contacts and the phone's camera function to watch them.

"They saw what we're eating, what's on our countertops," said Courtney. "I swear, I've sat here and thought about it and I have no idea at all (how they did it)."

Heather said she really becomes frightened at night, when her husband's not at home.

"And I know they see me coming home. They're watching me and they know I'm home without him. And, that's a scary feeling."
Police have tried tracing the calls but were led back to Courtney's phone. They then tried taking the phones to monitor the calls but the calls stopped.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer says deputies have served eight search warrants in the case, which also involves investigators from Fircrest, Gig Harbor and Tacoma.

How could something like this even be possible!? What would you do if you were in their shoes? Would you just throw out your phones and get new ones or would you keep the phones in hopes that the police could eventually find out who is behind it?

Pricetag
6/29/2007, 01:11 PM
That's why I have one of these:

http://www.hannahbella.com/shop/products/cellular/AIR%20VOICE%20NOKIA-5165.JPG

proud gonzo
6/29/2007, 01:33 PM
um... they could put duct tape over the camera phone's lens

Boomer.....
6/29/2007, 01:38 PM
Crazy

Tulsa_Fireman
6/29/2007, 01:45 PM
Every time I turned the phone on, I'd put the camera against my hairy ***.

If that don't run 'em off, I don't know what will.

HskrGrl
6/29/2007, 01:54 PM
Every time I turned the phone on, I'd put the camera against my hairy ***.

If that don't run 'em off, I don't know what will.

That would stop the spying AND the obscene phone calls. Well... hopefully the obscene calls. :O

mxATVracer10
6/29/2007, 02:34 PM
one of the criminal CSI type shows had a similar situation going on in one episode. I cant remember the name of the show but it is the one with the fairly hot chick and some dude that are criminal negotiators. Anyways, there was a guy that was hacking into a family's laptop webcam and spying on them. The bad guy was the dude that played QB in Varsity Blues I think... Did ya'll see that one?

Oh yeah, to answer the question, I'd break the hell out of that phone and get a new #....

Penguin
6/29/2007, 03:36 PM
I'm sure it's just one of the kids trying to play a joke.

yermom
6/29/2007, 03:39 PM
I'm sure it's just one of the kids trying to play a joke.

that's what i was thinking... or someone in Bluetooth range or something

Viking Kitten
6/29/2007, 03:45 PM
one of the criminal CSI type shows had a similar situation going on in one episode. I cant remember the name of the show but it is the one with the fairly hot chick and some dude that are criminal negotiators. Anyways, there was a guy that was hacking into a family's laptop webcam and spying on them. The bad guy was the dude that played QB in Varsity Blues I think... Did ya'll see that one?

Oh yeah, to answer the question, I'd break the hell out of that phone and get a new #....

Dude... I totally saw that one. So after the bad guy spied on the people, he pretty much killed them. In fact, he soon realized one lady he was spying on was whoring it up with the gardener or something, so he first kidnapped her and then killed her by feeding her to a bunch of hungry dogs, right? It's that show that stars the "Hello my name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die" guy, right?

HskrGrl
6/29/2007, 03:49 PM
Dude... I totally saw that one. So after the bad guy spied on the people, he pretty much killed them. In fact, he soon realized one lady he was spying on was whoring it up with the gardener or something, so he first kidnapped her and then killed her by feeding her to a bunch of hungry dogs, right? It's that show that stars the "Hello my name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die" guy, right?

That doesn't bode well for this family. :eek: