PDA

View Full Version : Herb Pope

Ash
6/29/2007, 11:39 AM
Wasn't sure if I should put this in the BBall or recruiting forum.

Highly touted big man.

Committed to New Mexico State, but wants to open things up again now that Reggie Theus bolted.

I've heard the Sooners are interested in this guy. Is this true? If so, I think it's a gamble, the guy has some baggage.

Any info much appreciated from the recruitniks.:)

Ash
7/2/2007, 09:05 PM
I thought I had read somewhere that OU was interested in this guy.

But I guess there's nothing on the radar...:cool:

Rhino
7/2/2007, 09:17 PM
There was an article that came out today or yesterday where Pope said he was firmly committed to NMSU.

Ash
7/2/2007, 10:27 PM
There was an article that came out today or yesterday where Pope said he was firmly committed to NMSU.

Thanks, Rhino. I was hearing he was wanting out of the LOI, and that OU was interested. Guess that was just rumor.

King Crimson
7/3/2007, 01:32 AM
could be wrong, but i thought Pope had grade issues that only NMSU could solve. was highly recruited, but wasn't going to get in to big time D-1 schools.

chose NMSU.

csbst2
7/10/2007, 06:32 AM
We do not want this guy trust me. I live in Pittsburgh and he has a ton of baggage. He was shot four times a few months ago. I mean the kid was 17 and was out at like 4 in the morning, obviously at a upstanding place. Stay at New Mexico St.

skycat
7/14/2007, 12:46 PM
Dude was a top 10 recruit heading into this past year, but his stock absolutely crashed. Attitude problems both off, and on, the court.