PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing in the politico's response to the illegal alien bill?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/29/2007, 04:54 AM
Here's The Chronicle story (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4930760.html)

The MSM claims it was a few 20% of the people that were vocal and were instigated by "right-wing" media.

Why do the politico's want to give away citizenship to so many? Discuss, there has to be something more than "new voters".

Are they too lazy to ensure laws are enforced? Does this prevent them from using our money in the ways THEY see fit? Is this some secret beginning to a pan-American community? Do the construction/food industry/janitorial/unions really run the country and are telling congress to move forward on this? I mean, why in the face of several defeats do they still try to cram this down the countries face?

Oh, those people who were/are against this bill (or similar) think you acted because of right-winged radio told you to or do you listen to right-wing media because they discuss topics that are of interest to you?
EDIT: The MSM and the politico's all think that the opposition became vocal because "talk-radio" told you to and you're a mind-numbed robot and did it. If talk-radio didn't exist, then the bill would pass and eveyone would be happy. What the politico's, the pundits and the MSM fail to realize, IMO, is that the talk-radio audience has had no outlet for so long and have seen the country outside of their views that this was a time to make a stand. OTOH, moderates and liberals might claim to have a voice in the MSM and in Congress, not really requiring a voice.

MSM wants to villify "talk-radio". I OTOH, think that since "talk-radio" exists and thrives on commercial airwaves requiring sponsors and audience, that the "talk-radio" talent are only putting voice to a large undercurrent in the American tableau that feels unappreciated and ignored.

OUHOMER
6/29/2007, 05:12 AM
Well, I dont listen to the right wing or left wing radio media. And I am not sure exactly how I fill about this issue. I know a few illegals and they are hard workers. But I am leaning toward the send them back crowd. Trust me most of the illegals know our system. for the ones that do get employment inside company's, they will put 10 or more on there W-2 forms to pay a min in taxes.

But my biggest problem with the whole deal is that it just says we GIVE UP and wont enforce laws against the illegals or the employers. And that sends a wrong message. I guarantee if you want to stop the illegals, put the empoyers in jail. Tell a CEO that if a Illegal is found working for you will get 1 Year in jail and $100,00 dollar fine. Enforce it and that will stop the problem. illegals will go home and apply for a guest worker permit.

AlbqSooner
6/29/2007, 06:16 AM
Think in terms of more people on the tax rolls to fund social security. Our declining birth rate in this country leaves us with too little revenue to continue the guaranteed payments as the baby boomers achieve payee status with the SSA. Hence, an influx of payers is needed.

usmc-sooner
6/29/2007, 06:40 AM
in most polls it was 70% against. They even had that people who considered themselves liberal were 63 to 68% against it.

Jerk
6/29/2007, 06:42 AM
in most polls it was 70% against. They even had that people who considered themselves liberal were 63 to 68% against it.

SRSLY? Some of our most enlightened posters are suggesting that the opposition was motivated by racism.

Turd_Ferguson
6/29/2007, 06:47 AM
SRSLY? Some of our most enlightened posters are suggesting that the opposition was motivated by racism.

Only on the GOP side.

Petro-Sooner
6/29/2007, 11:04 AM
Its sad that I'm almost giddy over the fact that our government did something right for a change. Now if they will only enforce the CURRENT laws. But thats probably asking for too much.