PDA

View Full Version : My commute to work in Norman

Ash
6/28/2007, 04:14 PM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2160/kayakqc6.jpg

How's yours?

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 04:16 PM
It's ****ing coming down right now. Buckets. I'm fixin' to bitch too.

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2007, 04:18 PM
It's just as bad down here...I think we're about 23 inches over average for the year...

Turd_Ferguson
6/28/2007, 04:26 PM

Must be the big black clouds head'n toward my house. It's funderin it's *** off right now. The bright side is, my yard looks like an Augusta fairway.

Ash
6/28/2007, 04:27 PM
Must be the big black clouds head'n toward my house. It's funderin it's *** off right now. The bright side is, my yard looks like an Augusta fairway.

Mine looks like a Looziana swamp. :mad:

Ash
6/28/2007, 04:31 PM

You got hay to cut?

A friend of mine says he's glad they didn't get around to cutting it, it'd just be sitting out there rotting at this point. Still needs to be done, though.

:cool:

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 04:41 PM
You got hay to cut?

A friend of mine says he's glad they didn't get around to cutting it, it'd just be sitting out there rotting at this point. Still needs to be done, though.

:cool:

Do I got hay to cut? I've got 65 acres I'm planning to put in small square bales. I've got another 150 I'm planning on putting into round bales. And about another 40 I'm gonna put into round bales that's a little weedy. Some of the stuff in the big pastures is neck high now. If it doesn't dry out, I'm gonna have to bale the square bale grass into rounds. And I'm gonna need a solid 1-2 weeks of 90+ degree days with a 30 mph wind to dry it up enough to even take a tractor into the field.

All those greedy/silly suckers who've tried to cut hay during this rain are gonna lose big time.

Turd_Ferguson
6/28/2007, 04:44 PM
Neighbor mowed about 40 acres Sunday morning.....and yeah, it's still sitting there...rotting.

NormanPride
6/28/2007, 04:44 PM
Is the fact that it's getting so high a problem? Or does that just mean more hay and more money?

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 04:52 PM
Is the fact that it's getting so high a problem? Or does that just mean more hay and more money?

Well if it stays green, it'll make good hay - but it's gotta be round baled. Pound for pound, I can make 3 times the money selling small square bales to horse idiots. Horse idiots don't like long grass in their small square bales.