PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in Stoolwater?

achiro
6/28/2007, 02:35 PM
I keep hearing about this huge growth of the population in and around Stillwater. I know a couple of you live in the area, so what's going on? Is the economy growing as well or are they mostly just more "poor college students" sticking around?
I know many are going to make funny comments and such but I really am trying to get some serious answers as well.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/28/2007, 02:59 PM
Pickens' construction projects! The labor folks have to live close to their work.

M
6/28/2007, 02:59 PM
OSU is the heart of the city of Stillwater. As you probably already know, the OSU Board of Regents approved last year a campus master plan that will result in $826 million in improvements over the next five years. This will go to new academic, research, student life and of course, athletic facilities. When OSU grows, Stillwater grows. And enrollment at OSU continues to grow every year. OSU is by far the largest employer in the city. Stillwater is home to several large companies, including MerCruiser, Quebecor World and Meridian Technology Center. Stillwater's not too big, but not too small. It has a great public school system. Traffic is usually not bad. Crime is low (except at the Whataburger ;) ). It's centrally located between Tulsa and OKC. Low cost of living. Like many cities, Stillwater offers businesses incentives to relocate there. And it's just a nice place to live :)

TopDaugIn2000
6/28/2007, 03:00 PM
I should SO neg you for that, M

TopDaugIn2000
6/28/2007, 03:02 PM
and yet they STILL can't fill that stadium

M
6/28/2007, 03:03 PM
I should SO neg you for that, M

Awwww but I'm so harmless and nice. :)

picasso
6/28/2007, 03:03 PM
OSU is the heart of the city of Stillwater. As you probably already know, the OSU Board of Regents approved last year a campus master plan that will result in $826 million in improvements over the next five years. This will go to new academic, research, student life and of course, athletic facilities. When OSU grows, Stillwater grows. And enrollment at OSU continues to grow every year. OSU is by far the largest employer in the city. Stillwater is home to several large companies, including MerCruiser, Quebecor World and Meridian Technology Center. Stillwater's not too big, but not too small. It has a great public school system. Traffic is usually not bad. Crime is low (except at the Whataburger ;) ). It's centrally located between Tulsa and OKC. Low cost of living. Like many cities, Stillwater offers businesses incentives to relocate there. And it's just a nice place to live :)
it's in the middle of nowhere.

IB4OU2
6/28/2007, 03:23 PM
Unfortunately and to Norm's disgust the New SuperWalmart's attracting new pokes here in droves......daily.

Czar Soonerov
6/28/2007, 03:29 PM
I got Eddie's autograph last time I was up there.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7817/eddieautographlc3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TopDaugIn2000
6/28/2007, 03:30 PM
HEH

Scott D
6/28/2007, 03:32 PM

Amazing what Prentiss Elliott leaving will do. ;)

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2007, 04:02 PM
Are they talking about the human population...or sheep?

OSUAggie
6/28/2007, 04:43 PM
I've also seen plans to tear down most of the **** (that encompasses about 4 mi/sq) S & E of campus to build some sort of yuppie-type village with retail shops and apartments/townhouses to attract the "young professionals"/rich parents' college kid (or to keep the grads in town). Not sure how this will fly with the ****kickers.

It's really quite interesting to see the diversity within one race at OSU.

It'll probably be a decade or so before it comes to fruition, if at all.

Scott D
6/28/2007, 04:44 PM
it will only come to fruition if OSU manages to build that suspended animation chamber for T Boone.

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 04:49 PM
My kid is going to a kicking/football camp this weekend up there. He went to Nebraska's a couple weeks ago. Came home with a bunch of Blackshirt t-shirts and crap. If he comes home with something orange, I'm gonna kick his narrow *** all the way back up there to return it. What sucks is that his high school colors are orange and black. You oughta hear the comments I get when I wear my orange or black shirt to his ball games from the local Aggots. "dang boy, you look good in orange" and "that orange makes you look like a real man." I usually just say "scoreboard bitches."

SicEmBaylor
6/28/2007, 04:55 PM
I'm going up there tomorrow morning with my cousin who is an incoming O****U fish.

They screwed her schedule up every which way to hell and gave her this 7:00-9:00pm math lab, so I'm going up there with her to talk to one of the advisors and get a better schedule for her. The girl had no clue how to read a schedule/catalog.

BajaOklahoma
6/28/2007, 05:02 PM
I loved my early morning classes. The professors/TAs were still asleep and you could get by with less effort. I don't think I ever spent more than ten minutes on an English paper - and you can see the results right here.

OSUAggie
6/28/2007, 05:05 PM
Yah, but did you love your 7:00-9:00 PM math labs?

Harry Beanbag
6/28/2007, 05:07 PM
Are they talking about the human population...or sheep?

Due to the crossbreeding, probably both.

OSUAggie
6/28/2007, 05:09 PM
Do to the crossbreeding, probably both.

What does crossbreeding have to due with it?

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 05:10 PM
Yah, but did you love your 7:00-9:00 PM meth labs?

What's not to love?

Mixer!
6/28/2007, 09:19 PM
What does crossbreeding have to due with it?

:stunned:

Soonerus
6/28/2007, 09:43 PM
Today's newspaper, Norman is one of the fastest growing Oklahoma cities in the last year, population now over 103,000...

OUinFLA
6/28/2007, 09:48 PM
Today's newspaper, Norman is one of the fastest growing Oklahoma cities in the last year, population now over 103,000...

Which qualifies you for 3 Super WalMarts and 2 Sam's Clubs.
Norm is going to be so happy.

Soonerus
6/28/2007, 09:52 PM
In a lot of ways it is an absolute shame, I have lived in Norman for 30 years, it has really changed...

RacerX
6/28/2007, 10:03 PM
http://members.cox.net/racerx4ou/educaitonsmall.jpg

olevetonahill
6/28/2007, 11:08 PM
They promisin em 72 virgin sheep , to stay in stoolwater:pop:

Harry Beanbag
6/28/2007, 11:18 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

Taxman71
6/29/2007, 10:17 AM
So....a Stillwater degree gets you a job at Best Buy?

Mixer!
6/29/2007, 10:55 AM
So....an aggie lite degree gets you a job pushing carts at Wal-Mart?
:pop:

Mixer!
6/29/2007, 10:57 AM
They promisin em 72 virgin sheep , to stay in stoolwater:pop:
They're called the orange taliban for a reason, vet. :D

OklahomaTuba
6/29/2007, 12:12 PM

Maybe they can use some of T Boone's money to buy a spell checker. :P

Taxman71
6/29/2007, 01:23 PM
Classic.

Flagstaffsooner
6/29/2007, 01:30 PM
What does crossbreeding have to due with it?http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0916397505.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg