PDA

View Full Version : My husband is domestic! Who knew?

MamaMia
6/28/2007, 10:09 AM
:eek: Please keep in mind that up until now, my husband has never done a load of laundry, swept a floor, dusted a piece of furniture, cooked a meal that wasn't on the grill and other than certain cleaning supplies that he uses on his pick up truck, probably couldn't find a household cleaning product if his life depended on it.

I had my surgery on the 15th. They let me come home from the hospital the evening of the 19th. We had more helpers than we needed until last Monday. At this point we're pretty much on our own. He kept the appointment book pretty clear this week, except for the 'need to see', Otho and any possible emergency patients of record. I still didn't figure he would be much help, so I made sure I had back up. :D

Much to my COMPLETE surprise, he has been so helpful. He cooks and cleans and does the laundry. I shuffled into the kitchen to get some tea while he was putting a lemon peppered turkey breast in the oven and he said "That has caffeine. Theres some fresh squeezed orange in the fridge. You need more citrus." Then he washed and hung up my delicates, as not to shrink anything, and is now at the United doing the shopping. It will be interesting to see what he brings home. :)

Sooner24
6/28/2007, 10:12 AM
How long have you been married!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Mongo
6/28/2007, 10:14 AM
is he any good with a baby?:D

MamaMia
6/28/2007, 10:22 AM
How long have you been married!!!!!!!!!! :eek:About 3 decades.

is he any good with a baby?:D Actually he likes babies and is pretty good with them as long as he doesn't have to clean them, feed them, change them or burp them, but hes real good about playing with them, reading to them and rocking them to sleep. :D

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 10:28 AM
So, it sounds like the sex change and hormone treatments are finally kicking in.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2007, 10:30 AM
You stop it right now.

If Momma was down you'd take care of her and love on her and make sure she had everything she needed. You'd feed her in bed, you'd give her baths and you'd brush her hair.

Don't lie. That woman owns you.

Taxman71
6/28/2007, 10:32 AM
I think a single round of golf while wearing a dress signals the transformation is complete.

Flagstaffsooner
6/28/2007, 10:37 AM
Then he washed and hung up my delicates, as not to shrink anything

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/81/11/22421181.jpg

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 10:39 AM
You stop it right now.

If Momma was down you'd take care of her and love on her and make sure she had everything she needed. You'd feed her in bed, you'd give her baths and you'd brush her hair.

Absolutely. Except the reason she owns me is because if she knew she was gonna be down for a while she'd cook a bunch of meals and freeze them, find somebody to wash the "delicates," and squeeze a bunch of oranges. The bath/hair thing sounds kinda kinky, so I'm probably in on that one.

For reals, when she has to travel, she always cooks up a bunch of stuff and leaves directions on how to heat it up. She does all the laundry/ironing, does all the dishes, changes all the sheets on the beds, and even pre-loads the coffee filters with coffee so I don't have to deal with such difficult tasks. No doubt, I am owned.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2007, 10:40 AM
And it's really cute. :D

MamaMia
6/28/2007, 10:57 AM
You stop it right now.

He does help me with my shower every day and even shaves my legs. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/shy02.gif

This is the first time I have ever been so helpless. Even with the C-Sections I was up and at 'em in a week. Back then I also had my mother and I was much younger. This has been pretty rough. :O However, from everything I've heard, after about 6 months, women who have had a hysterectomy start feeling better than ever. By this time next year I may be all adventurous, hiking the Colorado trails, river rafting, and who knows what! :D

MamaMia
6/28/2007, 11:07 AM
Absolutely. Except the reason she owns me is because if she knew she was gonna be down for a while she'd cook a bunch of meals and freeze them, find somebody to wash the "delicates," and squeeze a bunch of oranges. The bath/hair thing sounds kinda kinky, so I'm probably in on that one.

For reals, when she has to travel, she always cooks up a bunch of stuff and leaves directions on how to heat it up. She does all the laundry/ironing, does all the dishes, changes all the sheets on the beds, and even pre-loads the coffee filters with coffee so I don't have to deal with such difficult tasks. No doubt, I am owned.
I'll have you know I had meals frozen in the freezer even before I knew I was going to be down, in case something happened to me unexpectedly. There is enough prepared food in that freezer to serve at my wake! :D I just didn't happen to have a lemon peppered turkey breast done up. And why would anyone need directions on heating things up? Even a caveman could do that without directions. :P

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 11:11 AM
I'll have you know I had meals frozen in the freezer even before I knew I was going to be down, in case something happened to me unexpectedly. There is enough prepared food in that freezer to serve at my wake! :D I just didn't happen to have a lemon peppered turkey breast done up. And why would anyone need directions on heating things up? Even a caveman could do that without directions. :P

Have you ever tried heating up frozen spaghetti on the grill? That's what I thought.

MamaMia
6/28/2007, 11:12 AM
Have you ever tried heating up frozen spaghetti on the grill? That's what I thought.:D

TUSooner
6/28/2007, 11:21 AM
So, it sounds like the sex change and hormone treatments are finally kicking in.

And here I was afraid you might not show up!

Viking Kitten
6/28/2007, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry... I need to go off on a tangent here. We cooked up a bunch of kick@55 spaghetti Monday night. It was made of basil, oregano, tomato and win. I was looking forward to the leftovers on Tuesday, but Czar was all "Oh, but I want pork chops." So we had pork chops. Also good, but dang. You should try my spaghetti. So last night, I go home, really looking forward to finishing off the spaghetti, only to find out Mr. Porkchop lover had been eating my spaghetti on the sly. Lunch, midnight snack, etc., until it was all gone. No spaghetti for me. ***ker.

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 11:25 AM
I'm sorry... I need to go off on a tangent here. We cooked up a bunch of kick@55 spaghetti Monday night. It was made of basil, oregano, tomato and win. I was looking forward to the leftovers on Tuesday, but Czar was all "Oh, but I want pork chops." So we had pork chops. Also good, but dang. You should try my spaghetti. So last night, I go home, really looking forward to finishing off the spaghetti, only to find out Mr. Porkchop lover had been eating my spaghetti on the sly. Lunch, midnight snack, etc., until it was all gone. No spaghetti for me. ***ker.

I'da kilt him. Except that spaghetti ain't on my diet these days. Dang I miss it.

Viking Kitten
6/28/2007, 11:29 AM
On that, we can agree to agree.

OU4LIFE
6/28/2007, 11:37 AM

you snooze, you lose.

the first rule of leftovers. Ifuns you wanted it so bad, you shoulda took some for lunch.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2007, 11:39 AM
Makes you wish Gladware really did 'lock' like it says, huh?

Fraggle145
6/28/2007, 11:42 AM
you snooze, you lose.

the first rule of leftovers. Ifuns you wanted it so bad, you shoulda took some for lunch.

Or take it with you for your weeks worth of food at the Biostation.

Viking Kitten
6/28/2007, 11:42 AM
you snooze, you lose.

Don't **** with me. I have a meat grinder. And hungry kids.

OU4LIFE
6/28/2007, 11:59 AM
I'm taking one for the team lady....do what you will.

crawfish
6/28/2007, 02:12 PM
No spaghetti for me. ***ker.

I take it there was no spaghetti for him, either? :texan: