PDA

View Full Version : Baby vs. Dad

Mongo
6/28/2007, 09:23 AM
It is a knock down drag out of a fight, but the little one will learn how to take a fargin nap on his own.

Is it too early to line up some patron shots?

jk the sooner fan
6/28/2007, 09:25 AM
jk2 was that way till he was about 2......cant even remember how we got him to do it

Hamhock
6/28/2007, 09:25 AM
how old is the kid?

Mongo
6/28/2007, 09:26 AM
how old is the kid?

sophmore in high school

sooner_born_1960
6/28/2007, 09:26 AM
close the door and let him cry himself to sleep.

Mongo
6/28/2007, 09:28 AM
he is almost nine months

Hamhock
6/28/2007, 09:28 AM
he is almost nine months

is he on the tit?

Viking Kitten
6/28/2007, 09:29 AM
Is it too early to line up some patron shots?

The Patron will put him to sleep eventually, but he'll probably get a tad obnoxious and say some things he'll regret first.

Mongo
6/28/2007, 09:29 AM
The Patron will put him to sleep eventually, but he'll probably get a tad obnoxious and say some things he'll regret first.

he hates the limes

Mongo
6/28/2007, 09:30 AM
is he on the tit?

my chest hair tickles his nose so he wont take it:D

Yeah he is still on momma's udders, but he really doesnt take it to eat anymore, just more of a comfort thing that we are trying to break

Vaevictis
6/28/2007, 09:32 AM
I hear that letting them play with plastic grocery bags sometimes works.

Hamhock
6/28/2007, 09:35 AM
my chest hair tickles his nose so he wont take it:D

Yeah he is still on momma's udders, but he really doesnt take it to eat anymore, just more of a comfort thing that we are trying to break

fill his belly.
place him in the crib
close the door.

go have sex with your wife. that milk will be dried up before you know it.

Viking Kitten
6/28/2007, 09:35 AM
Seriously, when you say he won't do it alone... do you mean he needs a bottle, or somebody has to lie down with him? What's the routine?

crawfish
6/28/2007, 09:37 AM
I feel for you.

My middle son would NOT go to sleep in his room. We ended up putting a lock on his door so he couldn't wander out - he laid beside his door and kicked it over...and over...and over again. He was so stubborn we could literally beat him bloody and he wouldn't give up. It took a couple of weeks, but he finally learned.

MamaMia
6/28/2007, 09:38 AM
Have you already cut out the before nap sugar?

Mongo
6/28/2007, 09:41 AM
OK, little run down:

I am gone most of the time for work. Momma and mongo jr. stay at home by themselves. He usually sleeps in the room in a pack and play or in the bed itself. This is to make it easier on her, I understand that, but it made the boy have serious separation anxiety. He can only nap if someone is holding him or with a bottle/bewb in his mouth.

Well, I have been home for about two weeks. I am fed up with him being in the room, and he is too damn old to rely on us for sleep. I pulled the out the iron fist and making the changes for him to sleep in his own room and stay in his crib for naps.

Mongo
6/28/2007, 09:42 AM
Have you already cut out the before nap sugar?

he doesnt take sugar with his coffee:)

yeah, its not a sugar thing, but not wanting to be alone

jk the sooner fan
6/28/2007, 09:45 AM
try taking that davy crockett hat off of him, he might sleep better

Viking Kitten
6/28/2007, 09:56 AM
he doesnt take sugar with his coffee:)

yeah, its not a sugar thing, but not wanting to be alone

Well, being alone sucks. :D

I know this is the mommy perspective and all, but I really don't understand why guys stress out over this stuff so badly. Eventually they all go to sleep on their own. Some are more stubborn than others, but they do. I can think of worse things in life than a cuddly baby. When he's a 13-year-old little s**t you're going to look back fondly on the snuggle time you had with him.

If you're not getting any because he's in the room, move him after he goes to sleep. This is not rocket science.

jk the sooner fan
6/28/2007, 10:00 AM
listen to the mommy - she speaks the truth

as hard as it is for a father who wants his kid to be independent at an early age.....its ok to "baby" them like that early

just my opinion

Mongo
6/28/2007, 10:01 AM
I get action when i want it, I just take it:D

I kow the woman's standpoint, but life has to go on. Stuff around the house needs to get done and you cant do it if you constantly are having to hold a baby.

I am not stressed out at the fact that he is in our room and I wanna get him out, I just hate hearing him cry. And this may surprise you coming from a man, but I wanna go grab him an hold him, but the boy has to learn.

springs sooner
6/28/2007, 10:02 AM
with my 11 month old i give her a bottle of formula when she is finished then put her in the crib put on a soothing music cd for her and after about 5-10 minutes of some mild crying she will fall asleep.

and yes she slept in the room with us for about 6 months but then we switched to her own room and she sleeps much better than ever before.

then i can get some without the wierd feeling like someone is watching you.

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 10:24 AM
Kids are master manipulators. Do not listen to the mommy advice, cause if we let mommies raise our kids by themselves, we'd have a world full of deviants. And before you get ugly with me mommies, look at juvenile crime statistics as they relate to single mothers raising their kids.

Anyhow, kids will get away with every thing you let them get away with. The problem is that most adults are just too frazzled or lazy to have the patience to stick with something until the kid picks it up. Filling their gut and putting them to bed works. You just have to be willing to let them blubber for a while. Same goes with getting them off a bottle or binky. Throw the damn things away, tell the kid it's gone, and let them wail. They'll get over it if you have the patience to wait them out.

And anyone who lets their kids sleep in their bed is looking for long-term issues. But that's another topic for another thread...

Viking Kitten
6/28/2007, 10:30 AM
I have two children who slept in my bed as infants who are happy, healthy, secure, confident, smart, wonderful, loving children. They also both eventually started sleeping in their own bed.

That's about all I got to say.

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 10:33 AM
I have two children who slept in my bed as infants who are happy, healthy, secure, confident, smart, wonderful, loving children. They also both eventually started sleeping in their own bed.

That's about all I got to say.

Ahem.....Mrs. Manson says the same thing about her son. It's a mommy thing. Hell, if my wife had her way the kids would still be sleeping in our bed.

Viking Kitten
6/28/2007, 10:35 AM
When my son starts murdering pregnant movie stars, I'll come consult with you, Dean.:D

Mongo
6/28/2007, 11:26 AM
I had just got him to sleep when my pops swung by. He answered his work phone and was talking too loud and woke the boy.

I kicked his *** out of my house.

I am gonna win, no baby gonna hold me down, no baby gonna break-a my style

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 11:33 AM
You go boyee.

royalfan5
6/28/2007, 11:46 AM
Kids are master manipulators. Do not listen to the mommy advice, cause if we let mommies raise our kids by themselves, we'd have a world full of deviants. And before you get ugly with me mommies, look at juvenile crime statistics as they relate to single mothers raising their kids.

Anyhow, kids will get away with every thing you let them get away with. The problem is that most adults are just too frazzled or lazy to have the patience to stick with something until the kid picks it up. Filling their gut and putting them to bed works. You just have to be willing to let them blubber for a while. Same goes with getting them off a bottle or binky. Throw the damn things away, tell the kid it's gone, and let them wail. They'll get over it if you have the patience to wait them out.

And anyone who lets their kids sleep in their bed is looking for long-term issues. But that's another topic for another thread...
My Mom was able to put the fear of God in me, quite well just by herself.

Partial Qualifier
6/28/2007, 11:59 AM
My 3 year old naps like a rock but most unfortunately, he only sleeps about 8 hours at night, tops. Probably not a coincidence.

C&CDean
6/28/2007, 04:19 PM
My Mom was able to put the fear of God in me, quite well just by herself.

Dude, you're in Nebraska. It ain't like there's anything up there to get in trouble with. And statistically speaking, if you were raised by a single mother and didn't get arrested at least once while a juvenile then you fall into about the 6% gang.

And wtf are you doing standing in front of a New Holland?

royalfan5
6/28/2007, 06:09 PM
Dude, you're in Nebraska. It ain't like there's anything up there to get in trouble with. And statistically speaking, if you were raised by a single mother and didn't get arrested at least once while a juvenile then you fall into about the 6% gang.

And wtf are you doing standing in front of a New Holland?
It's part of the University's agribusiness campaign. They used me as the model for the posters and other print stuff, mostly because I didn't have anything better to do that morning.

My Uncles never failed to find plenty trouble to get into in Nebraska, so wouldn't say there is no trouble to get into.

soonerboomer93
6/28/2007, 06:47 PM

so that was you drinking w/ me at the bar last night???