PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Amazons tricky box

MamaMia
6/27/2007, 05:44 AM
If you order anything from Amazon, be careful what shipping box you click. Apparently they have a box that signs you up for a shipping club when you're placing an order. It costs $79.00 a year.

About a month or so ago I used Bizrates search bar to hunt up a Jimmy Buffet CD. Amazon was one of the choices. Their offer said that I could have free shipping on that item if I ordered it that day, which I did. They have boxes associated with the different shipping options. If you click onto the 'free shipping' box you will be billed separately for $79.00 at a later date. After doing some research I have found that many people have fallen for this trick. It shows up on your bill as AMZ a month or two later.

Amazon will take it off your bill if you dispute the charge with your credit card company, but its a real big time consuming hassle. So save yourself some grief and read the fine print like I didn't. :O

Petro-Sooner
6/27/2007, 06:01 AM
I very very rarely shop online for many reasons. Especially cause crap like this happens. I just ordered a book for my dad from there last week. First time I had used them. I hope I didnt choose that option. Man I hate computers. Evil evil machines.

MamaMia
6/27/2007, 11:41 AM
I very very rarely shop on line for many reasons. Especially cause crap like this happens. I just ordered a book for my dad from there last week. First time I had used them. I hope I didn't choose that option. Man I hate computers. Evil evil machines.Did the book come with "free" shipping? If not, then there probably isn't any need to be concerned. I use Amazon quite a bit but not enough to justify an annual $79.00 shipping club. Some people might benefit from that. I'm hoping that I didn't accidently sign up with my secondary credit card that I use for business only.

Petro-Sooner
6/27/2007, 11:54 AM
I had the book mailed to my parents house. Not sure if its came yet. Havnt asked about it. Ordered it almost two weeks ago. I paid for the basic shpping, not express or what ever.

yermom
6/27/2007, 01:27 PM
i've had their cheapest shipping option take like 5 weeks. they used USPS freight. Newman is a slow mofo

dolemitesooner
6/27/2007, 02:48 PM
NEWMAN!!!!

(I blame dean)

Penguin
6/27/2007, 02:54 PM
If you order something from them once or twice a month, it is worth it. I work with someone that orders books all of the time. She gets unlimited 2 day shipping. She is saving a ton of money on shipping.

royalfan5
6/27/2007, 02:55 PM
Did the book come with "free" shipping? If not, then there probably isn't any need to be concerned. I use Amazon quite a bit but not enough to justify an annual $79.00 shipping club. Some people might benefit from that. I'm hoping that I didn't accidently sign up with my secondary credit card that I use for business only.
I paid the 79.00 for the two day shipping on everything. I have gotten my money's worth, but I buy almost everything but groceries and sundries online.