PDA

View Full Version : Disney, do they hate FSU or blacks/hispanics?

Osce0la
6/27/2007, 05:36 AM
4 Seminole commitments banned for life from Disney (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-mdizfollow2707jun27,0,6436176.story?page=1)

Orange County deputy sheriffs have issued at least 48 trespass warnings at Downtown Disney during the past two weekends since the push against loitering began. Records of those cases provided to the Orlando Sentinel show that 45 of the 46 people banned from Disney for life during the past two weekends were blacks or Hispanics.

Three cases involved white teens. Of those, two were banned only from the Virgin Megastore and are free to return anytime to Disney.

Polak said the decision to expel those two guests was made by the store management, not by Disney, so the ban only applied to the store.

Records show the only white teen banned so far from Disney was accused of creating a disturbance outside the Planet Hollywood restaurant by loitering, arguing with Disney guards, swearing at them and refusing to leave the property.

yermom
6/27/2007, 05:49 AM
how exactly do you loiter in an amusement park?

you have to pay admission don't you?

BajaOklahoma
6/27/2007, 05:51 AM
That must be traumatic. All of your friends want to go to Disney and you can't go because you are banned!
And how does that work anyway. You don't have to show ID to get in, so how do they keep you out? And for life?

Osce0la
6/27/2007, 05:55 AM
I was wondering the same thing about all of those questions.

I have no idea how they can bust you for loitering in an amusement park - that you had to pay to get into.

As far as I know they don't check your ID when you go to Disney, so I have no idea how they could keep you out.

SCOUT
6/27/2007, 02:21 PM
I was wondering the same thing about all of those questions.

I have no idea how they can bust you for loitering in an amusement park - that you had to pay to get into.

As far as I know they don't check your ID when you go to Disney, so I have no idea how they could keep you out.

We went to Disney in May and they have you put your fingerprint on a scanner as you enter the park. I am not sure if that information is retained or not.

RacerX
6/27/2007, 02:37 PM
how exactly do you loiter in an amusement park?

you have to pay admission don't you?

They're talking "Downtown Disney" and "Disney Village". It's on the grounds but not in a park.

It's stores, restaurants, and stuff.

King Crimson
6/27/2007, 02:39 PM
Disney sucks.

screw the Mouse.

Glory Road was a terrible POS. my granddad knew Don Haskins and a lot of the Mister Iba crew. played semi-pro baseball with them. same old sports movie you've ever seen with a heavyhanded Disneyfied anti-racism angle--.

a slick piece of feel-good nonsense with the illusion of catharsis. they give Haskins give no depth, but he does make the black boys run a lot. might as well have been the eternal Kevin Costner character we all know as "semi-thinking sport guy struggling with his internal, undiscovered integrity". or Norman Dale.

bad movie/hour and a half music video that blasphemed too many great songs as filler in the BS montages where the "brothers" are being "brothers".

screw Disney's vision of reality. sounds too familiar to me.

frankensooner
6/27/2007, 03:17 PM
I heard the people expelled were all wearing "**** you, I'm from Texas" shirts.

KABOOKIE
6/27/2007, 03:33 PM
Call me shocked. Blacks/Hispanics loitering?

King Crimson
6/27/2007, 03:35 PM
I heard the people expelled were all wearing "**** you, I'm from Texas" shirts.

that's exactly what i'm saying. except in reverse.

Osce0la
6/27/2007, 03:45 PM
Call me shocked, people in general loitering in an area like this? It is stores and resteraunts and such. IMO if they are causing no trouble, let them be. They were just trying to hang out and weren't bothering anybody...

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2007, 03:48 PM
You know what I hate about you, mallrat? You have no shopping agenda.

royalfan5
6/27/2007, 04:10 PM
At least Disney isn't trying to screw them in an uncomfortable place.

King Crimson
6/27/2007, 04:51 PM

you nailed it.