PDA

View Full Version : UFC 73-74-75

KC//CRIMSON
6/26/2007, 08:03 PM
There are some good ones coming soon.

Marquardt vs Silva
Evans vs Ortiz
Herring vs Nogueira - Waiting on this debut forever.

Couture vs Gonzaga
Koscheck vs St-Pierre

Jackson vs Henderson
Cro Cop vs Kongo
Hamil vs Bisping

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – Ultimate Fighting Championship® President Dana White today announced that Croatian superstar Mirko “Cro Cop” will return to the Octagon™ in September and take on France’s Cheick Kongo in a featured heavyweight bout at UFC 75 in London’s new O2 Arena. White delivered the UFC 75 announcement today live from Las Vegas via satellite on ESPN’s The Hot List and discussed the upcoming bout with host Scott Reiss.

“Mirko ‘Cro Cop’ is fighting Cheick Kongo from France,” said White. “He’s six foot four and two hundred and forty pounds – he’s huge. They are both strikers. Cheick Kongo is a very good striker and he’s good with his feet, knees and hands – it’s going to be a very interesting matchup.”

White also commented on the UFC’s continued dominance in sports and his mission to hold events in countries all over the world.

“We’ve done so well over here in the last six years in the U.S., we have this product…it translates all the cultural barriers, language barriers and we know this can work worldwide. We opened an office in London and we will have done three events in the UK this year, and they will all have been successful. Our plan is to move out into Europe and next year go into Italy, Spain, Germany, France, etc.”

ESPNEWS was the first to deliver official news of Cro Cop’s Octagon-return since his loss by knockout to Brazil’s Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 70 in Manchester. The 2006 PRIDE Open Weight Grand Prix Champion was expected by many to defeat the Brazilian heavyweight and face Randy Couture for a heavyweight title fight at UFC 74. Instead, Gonzaga caught Cro Cop with a right leg kick to the head, sending him to the canvas in a stunning upset nine seconds before the end of the first round.

In a press conference held in London, Cro Cop spoke about his condition, his last fight and his desire to get back into the Octagon. He also stated his fight prediction and that he is already training full-time in preparation for UFC 75.

“I am one of the most dangerous strikers in the world,

but unfortunately, I did not prove that reputation in my last fight,” said Cro Cop.

“It was a great shock for me and I believe for all my fans and I was very disappointed. But I am a true professional and fighting is my life so I’m training harder than ever. And in the next fight I will be better than ever so I hope you will all be there to see it. I am going to beat my opponent. As I already told you, it was a shock for me and many people ask me if I am okay, if I am injured – it didn’t look good – that my ankle twisted, that my knee was looking bad, but it’s okay now. I have started running already, I started full training already and I am dying for my next fight.”

Cro Cop will take on Kongo, who like himself, is a kickboxer turned mixed martial artist. Not much was known of the 6’4” 240-pound Paris-native when he made his UFC 61 debut in July of 2006 against Gilbert Aldana. He had an impressive record and a stellar reputation as a fearsome kickboxer, but many wondered if he could compete in the MMA arena. He answered that question quickly as he halted the rugged Aldana in the first round. Kongo then jumped back and scored another first round stoppage at UFC 62, this one over Christian Wellisch. At UFC 70, the same night that Cro Cop was taken down, Kongo triumphed with a majority decision over popular Brazilian heavyweight Assuerio Silva, scoring his third win in the UFC.

Cro Cop vs. Kongo is the third bout announced for UFC 75. Last week the UFC announced the main event championship bout Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Dan “Hollywood” Henderson along with the special attraction Michael “The Count” Bisping in a light heavyweight battle vs. his bitter rival Matt “The Hammer” Hamill.

rufnek05
6/26/2007, 10:21 PM
whats the date for 75?

KC//CRIMSON
6/26/2007, 10:31 PM
whats the date for 75?

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.ppvhome

usmc-sooner
6/26/2007, 10:56 PM
who do you think Liddell will fight next or when?

TMcGee86
6/27/2007, 06:15 AM
those are good fights. Evans/Ortiz is going to be interesting to watch.

I think Nogueira should destroy Heath, I watched him here in Houston and was not impressed at all.

Koscheck/ GSP will be fun to watch as well. I would imagine GSP pummels him but Josh is pretty strong if it goes to the ground I could see him controlling the fight.

springs sooner
6/27/2007, 08:14 AM
who do you think Liddell will fight next or when?

Wanderlei Silva sometime in the fall is the what Chuck said the other day. that winner is to then to fight the winner of Rampage and Hendo.

KC//CRIMSON
6/27/2007, 05:27 PM
I read that W. Silva is taking the rest of the year off and it's total bullshi* that Liddell get's a title shot so quickly after a loss.

Dana White is a GIANT *ICK.

HskrGrl
6/27/2007, 05:54 PM
I want to make Tito my love slave, but unfortunately I just can't compete with Jenna Jameson. :(

KC//CRIMSON
6/27/2007, 05:57 PM
I want to make Tito my love slave, but unfortunately I just can't compete with Jenna Jameson. :(

Heh. She's taken more shots to the face than Tito has......:D

HskrGrl
6/27/2007, 06:01 PM
Heh. She's taken more shots to the face than Tito has......:D

OMG! Major spek!! :D

Sooner_Bob
6/27/2007, 10:15 PM
Marquardt vs Silva
Evans vs Ortiz
Herring vs Nogueira - Waiting on this debut forever.

Rashaad and Tito is going to be a fun fight to watch (I hope).

I'm anxious to see how Nogueira adapts to the Octagon.

Couture vs Gonzaga
Koscheck vs St-Pierre

Randy vs. Gabe . . . should be interesting.

Josh vs. George? I see a slapfest. :D

Jackson vs Henderson
Cro Cop vs Kongo
Hamil vs Bisping

Now this is what I'm talkin' about . . . except that I would've loved for the rumor to have been true about Shamrock vs. Bisping. :D

Herb Dean fans will love this . . . (http://www.cagerage.tv/nextevents.htm) :D

KC//CRIMSON
6/27/2007, 10:48 PM
I'm anxious to see how Nogueira adapts to the Octagon.

Nogueria and his style was made for the Octagon. It will fit him like a tailor made suit.:cool:

rufnek05
6/27/2007, 11:42 PM
i want to see cro cop fight again. his last fight was disappointing

springs sooner
6/28/2007, 08:09 AM
I read that W. Silva is taking the rest of the year off and it's total bullshi* that Liddell get's a title shot so quickly after a loss.

i just saw that also. oh well i kind of think W Silva is overrated anyway.

usmc-sooner
6/28/2007, 06:06 PM

traditionally if a champion loses he gets a rematch fairly quickly but that is kinda quick.

KC//CRIMSON
6/28/2007, 08:52 PM
traditionally if a champion loses he gets a rematch fairly quickly but that is kinda quick.

His last fight was a rematch.;)

Also saw where Shogun is supposed to fight in UFC 76 opponet TBA.

critical_phil
6/29/2007, 12:36 PM
Rashaad and Tito is going to be a fun fight to watch (I hope)...
i can't stand tito, but i don't think Rashaad is quite ready for him yet. i hope i'm wrong.

Josh vs. George? I see a slapfest.
why? GSP is a very active fighter, and Josh seems to be getting much more aggressive as he gains experience.

. . except that I would've loved for the rumor to have been true about Shamrock vs. Bisping. :D
Shamrock is going to be eating pureed peas in a nursing home @ age 50 if he keeps taking these fights. seriously, he's gonna get hurt. plus, the UFC just terminated his contract (http://sports.bodogbeat.com/mma-news-ufc-terminates-ken-shamrocks-contract-32881.html).

as far as the bisping-hamill fight, i sure hope hamill has improved or bisping will rock him. athletically, hamill may be the biggest freak in the UFC. just think how dominant he would be if he could ever get into shape and weren't so passive.

on a related note, the other day i noticed that the WEC (http://www.wec.tv/) is now showing fights on the VS. network (if you get that channel). most of the fighters aren't UFC caliber (except Uriah Faber, who is an animal @ 145. Brian Stann looks to have real talent as well). the talent is probably on par with, or a little less than, the IFL - but the WEC has a cage. and people, including me, like the cage. stopping a fight because of the ropes just kills the natural flow of a fight.

i guess Zuffa is trying to strike while the iron is hot - or they're trying to take over the world, depending on your point of view. i noticed they were already pimping a Pulver-Faber fight on the ultimate fighter finale the other night. i don't like Dana White, but he's a genius (or an idiot). time will tell.

also, it looks like Mark Burnett (http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSN2526061420070625) wants a piece of the pie.

KC//CRIMSON
7/8/2007, 05:27 PM
This is how you could have beat who is probably the second best fighter in the world and blow it. Although, Nog has already beat him twice in the past.

http://pic7.piczo.com/MMA-FIGHTS71/?g=40857522

Big Nog is going to be around a while and has a good chance to be HW champion.

Sooner_Bob
7/8/2007, 11:08 PM
I can't believe Heath didn't finish Big Nog. It's like he expected the fight to get stopped or something.

Honestly, I'm surprised the fight wasn't stopped. Herb Dean would've probably stepped in. :)

I watched the WEC last Thursday and was pretty impressed with Faber.

Boomer.....
7/9/2007, 09:08 AM
Here is the Evans vs Ortiz fight (http://pic7.piczo.com/MMA-FIGHTS71/?g=40860028)

KC//CRIMSON
7/9/2007, 06:24 PM
I can't believe Heath didn't finish Big Nog. It's like he expected the fight to get stopped or something.

Honestly, I'm surprised the fight wasn't stopped. Herb Dean would've probably stepped in. :)

I watched the WEC last Thursday and was pretty impressed with Faber.

I was surprised it wasn't stopped either, but he was still able to defend himself and was never knocked out. Pretty dumb move by Herring, he should of finished him off, but was probably thinking this is the last guy on the planet I want to be on the ground with and thought he could beat him standing up. Crazy.

critical_phil
7/9/2007, 06:56 PM
Here is the Evans vs Ortiz fight (http://pic7.piczo.com/MMA-FIGHTS71/?g=40860028)

thanks.

and someone said in the other thread that the point deduction for tito was a BS call.... no freaking way. imo, if the fighter grabs the fence to prevent a takedown, it's a point deduction. no warning needed. he's lucky he didn't get 2 points deducted.

KC//CRIMSON
7/9/2007, 08:22 PM
Tito got payed way too much.:rolleyes:

UFC 73 SALARIES AND ATTENDANCE FIGURES
Monday, July 09, 2007 - by Ken Pishna - MMAWeekly.com

MMAWeekly has obtained the fighter salary information for the UFC 73: Stacked, which took place on Saturday, July 7 in Sacramento, Calif.

The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that the Ultimate Fighting Championship is required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions. All figures provided by the California State Athletic Commission.

Although MMA fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters' salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that the UFC also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions, are not included in the figures below.

In the listings below, "Main Event Fighters" are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show and/or compete in a title fight on a show. "Preliminary Match Fights" are fights that are taped before a television or pay-per-view show goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those fights aired on the telecast or pay-per-view broadcast.

The official attendance for UFC 73, as recorded by the CSAC, was 13,183. That total includes a paid attendance of 8,622, or 65.4% of the total attendance. There were 4,561 exempt or complimentary tickets that the promotion gave away, or 34.6% of the total attendance. The total capacity of the Arco Arena for UFC 73 was 16,811. That leaves 3,628 tickets that were neither sold nor given away.

The live gate (total gross receipts) for UFC 73 was $1,551,920, compared to a total disclosed fighter payroll of $628,340.

Main Event Fighters

-Anderson Silva: $90,000 (defeated Nathan Marquardt; $45,000 + $45,000 win bonus)

-Nathan Marquardt: $24,000 (lost to Anderson Silva)

Main Card Fighters

-Tito Ortiz: $210,000 (drew with Rashad Evans)

-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $200,000 (defeated Heath Herrin; $100,000 + $100,000 win bonus)

-Heath Herring: $70,000 (lost to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira)

-Sean Sherk: $28,000 (defeated Hermes Franca; $14,000 + $14,000 win bonus)

-Rashad Evans: $16,000 (drew with Tito Ortiz)

-Kenny Florian: $16,000 (defeated Alvin Robinson; $8,000 + $8,000 win bonus)

-Hermes Franca: $14,000 (lost to Sean Sherk)

-Alvin Robinson: $3,000 (lost to Kenny Florian)

Preliminary Match Fighters

-Stephan Bonnar: $32,000 (defeated Mike Nickels; $16,000 + $16,000 win bonus)

-Chris Lytle: $20,000 (defeated Jason Gilliam; $10,000 + $10,000 win bonus)

-Jorge Gurgel: $14,000 (defeated Diego Saraiva; $7,000 + $7,000 win bonus)

-Frank Edgar: $10,000 (defeated Mark Bocek; $5,000 + $5,000 win bonus)

-Mike Nickels: $5,000 (lost to Stephan Bonnar)

-Mark Bocek: $3,000 (lost to Frank Edgar)

-Jason Gilliam: $3,000 (lost to Chris Lytle)

-Diego Saraiva: $3,000 (lost to Jorge Gurgel)

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 12:58 AM
Also saw where Shogun is supposed to fight in UFC 76 opponet TBA.

It's against Forrest Griffin.

RUN Forrest RUN!

that my friends, is going to be ugly.

Plus UFC 75 is going to be another freebie on Spike TV.

Jackson vs Henderson
Cro Cop vs Kongo
Hamil vs Bisping

usmc-sooner
7/19/2007, 08:09 AM
UFC 76 Chuck Liddell vs Keith Jardine

He was supposed to fight Wandalei Silva(sp) but Silva backed out. According to Silva he agreed to a dollar amount but did not want to fight in September but rather November. Liddell was adament about September. Rumor now has it, that these two will meet for a New Years fight. I think both have moved past their prime Chuck because of age and Silva due to knockout blows. Those last two knockouts were brutal and I'm sure they don't help your brain. Rumor has it that he was out for a few minutes after the Henderson fight and when he awoke needed help out of the ring. It's a shame these 2 didn't fight a couple of years ago.

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 05:31 PM
UFC 76 Chuck Liddell vs Keith Jardine

He was supposed to fight Wandalei Silva(sp) but Silva backed out. According to Silva he agreed to a dollar amount but did not want to fight in September but rather November. Liddell was adament about September. Rumor now has it, that these two will meet for a New Years fight. I think both have moved past their prime Chuck because of age and Silva due to knockout blows. Those last two knockouts were brutal and I'm sure they don't help your brain. Rumor has it that he was out for a few minutes after the Henderson fight and when he awoke needed help out of the ring. It's a shame these 2 didn't fight a couple of years ago.

Silva came back waaaaaay too soon after getting KO'd by Cro Cop in the OWGP and he paid for it. He'll need to be in his best shape ever to compete with Chuck now. Should still be some what of a good fight (if it ever happens) but it should have happened several years ago. Oh well.

And just to give you guys an idea about Shogun. This is what he did to the current light heavyweight champion not too long ago.:cool:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/shogun+rua/video/xhluu_mauricio-shogun-rua-vs-quinton-ramp_extreme

SoonerBBall
7/19/2007, 05:57 PM
Silva came back waaaaaay too soon after getting KO'd by Cro Cop in the OWGP and he paid for it. He'll need to be in his best shape ever to compete with Chuck now. Should still be some what of a good fight (if it ever happens) but it should have happened several years ago. Oh well.

And just to give you guys an idea about Shogun. This is what he did to the current light heavyweight champion not too long ago.:cool:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/shogun+rua/video/xhluu_mauricio-shogun-rua-vs-quinton-ramp_extreme

The rules that prevent kicking or kneeing an opponent in the head while they are down could have drastically changed the outcome of that fight. Rampage really lost it after getting kneed in the head coming up out of the brief ground struggle. Of course, Pride is really freaking gay about breaking fighters up, so that also played into Shoguns hands.

Regardless, I'm not gonna count Forrest out quite yet. He has shown that he can take a beating in the past (minus the Jardine fight) and his ground game appears to be better than Shoguns (granted, I haven't seen many Shogun fights).

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 06:08 PM
The rules that prevent kicking or kneeing an opponent in the head while they are down could have drastically changed the outcome of that fight. Rampage really lost it after getting kneed in the head coming up out of the brief ground struggle. Of course, Pride is really freaking gay about breaking fighters up, so that also played into Shoguns hands.

Regardless, I'm not gonna count Forrest out quite yet. He has shown that he can take a beating in the past (minus the Jardine fight) and his ground game appears to be better than Shoguns (granted, I haven't seen many Shogun fights).

Go back and watch that again. Rampage took a *hitload of standing shots to the head by knees and fists. Rules wouldn't have changed anything. He was already done by the time he was on the ground. Shogun broke two of his ribs way before Rampage went down.

Don't get me wrong, I like Forrest. But he is a dead man against Shogun.

usmc-sooner
7/19/2007, 07:01 PM
Go back and watch that again. Rampage took a *hitload of standing shots to the head by knees and fists. Rules wouldn't have changed anything. He was already done by the time he was on the ground. Shogun broke two of his ribs way before Rampage went down.

Don't get me wrong, I like Forrest. But he is a dead man against Shogun.

I think Forrest fights with a lot of heart, he just doesn't have anywhere near the skill set of Shogun.

I know you shouldn't do this but Shogun has beaten some really good guys. Forrest has been beaten by Jardine and Ortiz.

usmc-sooner
7/19/2007, 07:06 PM

I agree and think he maybe getting a little punchy. I'd like to see him retire because those last two KO's can't be good for his brain. He has been through some really nasty fights even the ones where he beat Dan Henderson and Rampage I & II. I'd almost like to see Chuck retire because of his age. He didn't have the speed to beat Jackson but he hasn't taken the beating that Silva has.

If they do fight it will probably be the biggest MMA fight to date.

critical_phil
7/19/2007, 07:51 PM
-Sean Sherk: $28,000 (defeated Hermes Franca; $14,000 + $14,000 win bonus)

both sherk and franca tested (+) for steroids, so their paychecks just got even smaller.

in other programming news, the WEC title fights on August 5th will be televised live on VS. (http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/mixedmartialarts/article_1759650.php)

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2007, 10:54 PM
both sherk and franca tested (+) for steroids, so their paychecks just got even smaller.

in other programming news, the WEC title fights on August 5th will be televised live on VS. (http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/mixedmartialarts/article_1759650.php)

Yep, plus a one year suspension. How are these guys thinking they're not going to get caught? It's in your blood! Unbelievable.

SoonerBBall
7/20/2007, 04:58 PM
Where the hell was THIS CroCop vs Gonzaga?

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/821478/video/xdwor_12-finale-pride-owgp-crocop-vs-silv_extreme/1

Seriously. Even without being able to hammerfist on the ground, CroCop should have walked away with that fight.

SoonerBBall
7/20/2007, 05:18 PM
Also,

Which Shogun is gonna show up?? The one that mauled Rampage (I still say it was the knee to the head that knocked him silly)? Or this Shogun who didn't look all that great when standing up.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/shogun/video/xkdzj_babalu-vs-shogun_sport

I'm really interested to see how these fights are gonna go in the UFC now that they have former Pride stars coming in. The Pride guys have done okay, but haven't been nearly as dominating as everyone thought they would be.

KC//CRIMSON
7/20/2007, 06:40 PM
Also,

Which Shogun is gonna show up?? The one that mauled Rampage (I still say it was the knee to the head that knocked him silly)? Or this Shogun who didn't look all that great when standing up.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/shogun/video/xkdzj_babalu-vs-shogun_sport

I'm really interested to see how these fights are gonna go in the UFC now that they have former Pride stars coming in. The Pride guys have done okay, but haven't been nearly as dominating as everyone thought they would be.

That video is super old, way back when Shogun was first starting out. He's light years better now, and it's only a matter of time before he is LHW champ. Yes, he is that good. Top three in the world in the 205 weight class.

I'd say the old Pride guys have done pretty well. Silva is currently Middleweight champion, Rampage is currently Light Heavyweight champion, Big Nog will be a champion, Cro Cop could come back as well. So yeah, I'd say they've done pretty well.:cool:

SoonerBBall
7/20/2007, 07:01 PM
That video is super old, way back when Shogun was first starting out. He's light years better now, and it's only a matter of time before he is LHW champ. Yes, he is that good. Top three in the world in the 205 weight class.

I'd say the old Pride guys have done pretty well. Silva is currently Middleweight champion, Rampage is currently Light Heavyweight champion, Big Nog will be a champion, Cro Cop could come back as well. So yeah, I'd say they've done pretty well.:cool:

Silva is a freak of nature. Every time he steps into the ring I can't help but want to pick against him because he is so skinny and frail looking. Then he steps up and starts whupping ***. It is insane.

I love me some Rampage, but he is LHW champ because of one good shot really early in a fight. He didn't look impressive at all in his first UFC fight, so I think the jury is still out on exactly how dominant he can be.

Nog should have lost that fight, seriously. He did great coming back and taking the second and third rounds, but I'm not going to crown him a champion after that performance.

CroCop is my favorite fighter period, but seriously, what the hell? That fight with Gonzaga was awful.

Oh, and that Shogun Babalou fight was tagged as happening in October 2006, so not even a year ago. He looks like a great fighter, but again, I'm not gonna crown him the champ just yet.

So no, I don't think the Pride fighters, besides Silva, have shown they are head and shoulders above the UFC's best. Like I said, though, I'm very interested in the upcoming fights, especially the ones featuring old Pride vs UFC guys.

KC//CRIMSON
7/20/2007, 07:15 PM
I love me some Rampage, but he is LHW champ because of one good shot really early in a fight. He didn't look impressive at all in his first UFC fight, so I think the jury is still out on exactly how dominant he can be.

You do know that he has beat some of the top fighters in the world, including beating Liddell to a pulp the first time they fought? He's a great representative of the sport. Good guy and funny as hell. Great interview.

Nog should have lost that fight, seriously. He did great coming back and taking the second and third rounds, but I'm not going to crown him a champion after that performance.

Maybe, maybe not. Nog just got cocky, which is un-like him. I guess he thought since he's already pummeled this guy twice, the third pummeling would be easier? Who knows. He'll be champion sooner or later. His ground game is second to no one. Nobody wants to be on the ground with this guy. Ever.;)

Oh, and that Shogun Babalou fight was tagged as happening in October 2006, so not even a year ago. He looks like a great fighter, but again, I'm not gonna crown him the champ just yet

That was in 2003. Shogun was 21 and was in his first or maybe second tournament.

Sooner_Bob
7/20/2007, 08:10 PM
thanks.

and someone said in the other thread that the point deduction for tito was a BS call.... no freaking way. imo, if the fighter grabs the fence to prevent a takedown, it's a point deduction. no warning needed. he's lucky he didn't get 2 points deducted.

I think that was me . . . everyone grabs the fence or the ropes to prevent a takedown. Very few ever get points deducted.

I still think it was a BS call.

Sooner_Bob
7/20/2007, 08:15 PM

I hadn't heard about that . . . those idiots.

KC//CRIMSON
8/22/2007, 05:39 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Couture this weekend. I think the Gonzaga vs Cro Cop was a fluke. We'll see.

UFC 75 is going to be an awesome card. Four big fights in that one and it's free.:cool:

Boomer.....
8/24/2007, 10:49 AM
Couture vs Gonzaga
Koscheck vs St-Pierre
In.

:pop:

Sooner_Bob
8/24/2007, 01:39 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Couture this weekend. I think the Gonzaga vs Cro Cop was a fluke. We'll see.

Same here

UFC 75 is going to be an awesome card. Four big fights in that one and it's free.:cool:

Yes sir it is . . . also, is Kevin Randleman ever going to get healthy?

KC//CRIMSON
8/24/2007, 03:57 PM
is Kevin Randleman ever going to get healthy?

I think he should just retire. He's lost seven fights out of eleven and is on a losing streak now.

Sooner_Bob
8/25/2007, 01:32 PM
Plus I think he just got arrested for DUI . . .

KC//CRIMSON
8/25/2007, 11:36 PM
Couture just destroyed Gonzaga. Big time.

def_lazer_fc
8/26/2007, 12:34 AM
yeah, he controlled that fight from start to finish. i think it shouldn't have been called when it was, but it was just delaying the inevitable. after getting your nose broken like gonzaga did, you knew it was just a matter of time.

and cheers for the pierre fight. glad to see him back in form.

Sooner_Bob
8/26/2007, 01:58 PM
I was surprised Randy made it look so easy.

GSP looked like a man on a mission . . .

Boomer.....
8/27/2007, 08:24 AM
Couture is a baaaaad man!

SoonerBBall
8/27/2007, 09:35 AM
yeah, he controlled that fight from start to finish. i think it shouldn't have been called when it was, but it was just delaying the inevitable. after getting your nose broken like gonzaga did, you knew it was just a matter of time.

and cheers for the pierre fight. glad to see him back in form.

Shouldn't have been called why, exactly? Herb Dean was very clearly saying "Gabriel, if you don't fight back I have to call this fight" for at least 5 - 7 seconds before he stopped it. Gonzaga was just laying there getting pounded in the face.

Also, Koscheck looked really looked foolish after his fight. He talked a really big game, than proceeded to look just as bad as he did in the Sanchez fight. That being said, GSP looked really good. Hopefully the Serra fight was just a big fluke and we see him in top form for a while.

Sooner_Bob
8/27/2007, 03:09 PM
Did you guys hear the Randy broke his arm?

Link (http://thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=4673)

TMcGee86
8/27/2007, 03:19 PM
I was disappointed Kendal Grove got knocked out. I like that guy. Granted, that's what happens in this sport. But I hate to see his rise to stardom set back slightly.

springs sooner
8/27/2007, 03:35 PM
I was disappointed Kendal Grove got knocked out. I like that guy. Granted, that's what happens in this sport. But I hate to see his rise to stardom set back slightly.

another TUFFER goes down. I like the show because it is kind of funny but none of the guys who have won the show have even sniffed the championship belt. this was the upset of the night though

TMcGee86
8/27/2007, 03:43 PM
another TUFFER goes down. I like the show because it is kind of funny but none of the guys who have won the show have even sniffed the championship belt. this was the upset of the night though

What about Matt Serra? :D But yeah, I know what you mean. I think Bisping has a good shot.

KC//CRIMSON
8/27/2007, 03:53 PM
Tulsan David Heath got choked out by Babalu in a non-televised match (the match that caused of all of the blood seen on the mat throughout the PPV). After Heath tapped out, Babalu maintained the choke for another 4 or 5 seconds while Steve Mazzagatti tried to pry him off. Babalu said in the postfight interview that he intended to keep choking Heath to "teach him some respect". The day before at the weigh-ins, Heath had worn a t-shirt with Babalu's mugshot from an arrest earlier this year. Babalu's antics will force him to lose forfeit his $25,000 win bonus for the fight, and he could potentially be suspended by the NSAC.-OC

Not for the squeamish - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uaae_renato-ba%20balu-sobral-vs-david-heath_extreme

Boomer.....
8/27/2007, 04:16 PM
I was mad that they didn't show that fight. Spek for finding it.

usmc-sooner
8/27/2007, 06:46 PM
Koschek's fights are boring, he looks like he's scared of getting hit. He got beat at his own game.

KC//CRIMSON
9/5/2007, 05:47 PM
UFC 75 - This week's picks:

Quinton Rampage Jackson vs Dan Henderson:

I would love to see Rampage win this fight. He is going to have to be very carefull against Hendo. Cause Hendo don't play. Dude is tough as nails, and although he is fighting in a weight division he doesn't have a lot of experience in, he will still be tough to put away. I'll be happy with who ever wins though, they're both great guys. Pick:Hendo

Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo:

Coming off that killer KO by Gabe "the fluke" Gonzaga, Cro Cop will be on a war path. The few times that he has been beat, he's always bounced right back with a vengeance and stomped mud holes in people. He will need to watch out for the length and height advantage of Kongo. I think he puts him away in the second via KO. Pick: Cro Cop

And remember, this fight card is free on Spike TV. Set your dvrs accordingly!

dolemitesooner
9/5/2007, 07:04 PM
I pick the oppisite

I will take Rampage and Kongo...always bet on black bitch

Wanna put something on it?

KC//CRIMSON
9/5/2007, 08:07 PM
I pick the oppisite

I will take Rampage and Kongo...always bet on black bitch

Wanna put something on it?

A forty?

dolemitesooner
9/6/2007, 03:13 AM
Yes...one forty it is to be paid next time we see each other.

If we split than no one owes money. If both your fighters win then the other man owes the forty or 2 beers at a bar.

KC//CRIMSON
9/6/2007, 03:15 AM
Yes...one forty it is to be paid next time we see each other.

If we split than no one owes money. If both your fighters win then the other man owes the forty or 2 beers at a bar.

Done.

dolemitesooner
9/6/2007, 03:17 AM
Wtf is the winky face face. Is it done or not bitch. I might see you again in Kc.

Wait now I am confused. I have met you right?

KC//CRIMSON
9/6/2007, 03:18 AM
Wtf is the winky face face. Is it done or not bitch. I might see you again in Kc.

Wait now I am confused. I have met you right?

Better?

and yes....

critical_phil
9/8/2007, 07:51 PM
DVR is set.

HskrGrl
9/9/2007, 01:23 AM
Ok, I know I'm really drunk and all, but I still don't understand how the **** did Bisping beat Hamill? No way!!

dolemitesooner
9/9/2007, 10:58 AM
Hamil won that ****ing fight. Complete bullk**** in my opionon.

Ohh I want my beer, ahahahah

HskrGrl
9/9/2007, 11:04 AM
Hamil won that ****ing fight. Complete bullk**** in my opionon.

Ohh I want my beer, ahahahah

I still can't believe that two of the judges thought it was Bisping's fight. And didn't one of them give it to him by 2 points? Insane!! Kinda makes you wonder a little since it was in London. Oh, and I was cracking up when Hamill came in to "Born in the USA" and had on "American Fighter" shirt. And to make it all that much better they could boo him all they wanted because he couldn't hear them. HAHAHAHA!! I want to see a rematch between them soon!

critical_phil
9/9/2007, 11:10 AM
i was really looking forward to the bisping-hamill fight.

bisping was completely overpowered for most of the fight, and the scorecard made no sense at all.

to hear bisping talk **** about hamill after the fight was pretty disappointing, especially since he just got his *** beat and stole a decision. he lost at least one fan.

usmc-sooner
9/9/2007, 11:20 AM
I picked Henderson, and Cro-Cop boy was I wrong. Cro-Cop doesn't look the same at all but that Congo guy was huge.

That Hamill fight was BS, UFC and Dana White better take great pains to make sure UFC doesn't end up like boxing with these bogus decisions.

that Juanito's fighters (Rampage, and Congo) are looking great.

KC//CRIMSON
9/9/2007, 02:14 PM
Hamil was robbed and Bisping needs to learn some sportsmanship. Hamil was a big surprise in displaying so much standing skills. Never saw that coming.

I was completely impressed with Rampage on how well he was able to handle Henderson on the ground. I never would have expected him to be able to do that with Hendo's roman grecco style.

"I can't believe how much he hurt my hands with his face. Man, my knuckles hurt!"-Rampage:D

"I tried to knock him out, but he's got a rock head!"-Rampage:D

Cro Cop? I have no idea why he is being so tentative? This is so un-like him. I have never seen this much hesitation even when facing larger opponents. Kongo was just too big and used his weight to lay on Cro Cop all night. Pretty boring fight. I was expecting a lot more from both fighters.

Can not wait for Shogun vs Griffin in UFC 76!

usmc-sooner
9/9/2007, 02:42 PM
Can not wait for Shogun vs Griffin in UFC 76!

You know you're watching it for the Ice-man!

How would you guys rank the 205 wt class for UFC

mine
1) Rampage Jackson ---he's the champ until he get's beat and he seems to be hitting on cylinders
2) Shogan Rua ---he can probably unseat the champ (already beat him once)
3) Chuck Liddell ---maybe a little high for the Ice-man but we'll see
4) Dan Henderson---he's still a beast
5) Wandelie Sylva---I think he's moving past his prime, maybe his time off he can shake the cobwebs off his last two devastating KO's. I don't know why he's not fighting more.
6) Houston Alexander---Actually I think he'd beat Chuck, Henderson and Sylva but I've only seen him fight twice
7) Rashaad Evans--good fighter kinda small
8) Keith Jardine---Big hands
9) Tito Oritz--I think he's a punk
10) Forrest Griffin--heart is bigger than his skills

StoopTroup
9/9/2007, 03:01 PM
I watched the Bisping fiasco.

Jackson didn't get beat IMO.

You have to beat the guy to take the belt...

usmc-sooner
9/9/2007, 03:07 PM
I watched the Bisping fiasco.

Jackson didn't get beat IMO.

You have to beat the guy to take the belt...

I don't think anyone's saying Jackson got beat, he won pretty easy, but people are talking about Hammil beating Bisping.

Dana White ought to step in and make them fight again.

KC//CRIMSON
9/9/2007, 03:08 PM
Shogun
Rampage
Sokoudjou
Lil Nog
Arona
Henderson
Alexander
Liddell/Silva
Evans/Lambert

TMcGee86
9/9/2007, 04:05 PM
Totally agree, I was really a big fan of Bisping but I turned the channel back to football after round 2 because I was so convinced he had lost.

I came back with about a min left in the third and when Hammil took him down again I felt there was no way he loses a decision.

I didn't even watch the announcement then after the Henderson/Rampage fight I heard them say Bisping won and I couldn't believe.

Talk about horrible refs. White does need to do something. That's a disgrace.

I knew Bisping was in trouble the way he was dancing before the fight and playing to the crowd, you could tell the fame had went to his head. He looked shell shocked from the first bell when Matt came after him.

They need a rematch quick, and this time I hope Bisping takes it seriously.

SoonerBBall
9/22/2007, 11:32 PM

Man, I must be psychic.

Boomer.....
9/23/2007, 01:24 AM
Man, I must be psychic.
Good call. Great win by Griffin.

usmc-sooner
9/23/2007, 06:28 PM
Man, I must be psychic.

great call I'm 0-4

I picked Henderson, Cro-Cop, Rua and Liddell