PDA

View Full Version : Here we go. Iranian forces crossed Iraqi border

85Sooner
6/25/2007, 07:16 PM
Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces have been spotted by British troops crossing the border into southern Iraq, The Sun tabloid reported on Tuesday.
Britain's defence ministry would not confirm or deny the report, with a spokesman declining to comment on "intelligence matters".

An unidentified intelligence source told the tabloid: "It is an extremely alarming development and raises the stakes considerably. In effect, it means we are in a full on war with Iran -- but nobody has officially declared it."

"We have hard proof that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps have crossed the border to attack us. It is very hard for us to strike back. All we can do is try to defend ourselves. We are badly on the back foot."

The Sun said that radar sightings of Iranian helicopters crossing into the Iraqi desert were confirmed to it by very senior military sources.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070625232254.etwt6z5u&show_article=1

SoonerStormchaser
6/25/2007, 07:18 PM
here we go...I might get full activation earlier than I thought.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/25/2007, 07:23 PM
QUICK, Let's bring our troops home! Defund, NOW!

soonerscuba
6/25/2007, 07:43 PM
If The Sun said it, it must be true.

Rhino
6/25/2007, 07:57 PM
I always believe British tabloids.

JohnnyMack
6/25/2007, 08:03 PM
Iran probably is probing the border regions, trying to gauge reactions and making plans for the inevitable invasion of Iraq. Doesn't mean it's necessarily going to happen right away, they're just getting ready for us to leave.

Harry Beanbag
6/25/2007, 08:29 PM
If I'm not mistaken, we've actually killed and captured some of those jackasses in Iraq. Not to mention the whole captured British sailors deal that apparently happened in Iraqi waters. This is the least surprising ho-hum news I've heard in awhile.

picasso
6/25/2007, 08:32 PM
did they have beards? man those things gotta be itchy.

Vaevictis
6/25/2007, 08:34 PM
Heh, has any reputable newspaper confirmed this report?

birddog
6/25/2007, 08:39 PM
i usually just look at the nekkid lady on page 3 of the sun.

OCUDad
6/25/2007, 08:43 PM
Anybody spot any space alien babies crossing the border?

Vaevictis
6/25/2007, 08:46 PM
I bet the National Enquirer has reported something like that.

And if you're going to believe the Sun, you might as well believe the National Enquirer.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/25/2007, 09:23 PM
And if it IS true?

royalfan5
6/25/2007, 09:26 PM
And if it IS true?
Is part of the idea of being in Iraq is so we can fight them there rather than here? If they are coming to us in Iraq, all the better.

critical_phil
6/25/2007, 09:30 PM
And if it IS true?

it's true.

they show b00bies in the Sun. samantha fox was a "page 3" girl.

Scott D
6/25/2007, 09:32 PM
sa-sa-sa-sa-samantha fox!

85Sooner
6/25/2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry was in a hurry and saw it was brietbart which is usually an ok source.

Anyway...................

Vaevictis
6/25/2007, 09:37 PM
And if it IS true?

If it is true, it will likely be confirmed by a reputable source.

Scott D
6/25/2007, 09:38 PM
Sorry was in a hurry and saw it was brietbart which is usually an ok source.

Anyway...................

it's ok...you got us talking about sa-sa-sa-sa-samantha fox.

yermom
6/25/2007, 09:44 PM
naughty girls need love too

royalfan5
6/25/2007, 09:48 PM
naughty girls need love too
Thanks to Clerks II, I will forever associate that song with Donkey Shows.

Pricetag
6/25/2007, 09:49 PM
Didn't she turn out to be gay?

yermom
6/25/2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks to Clerks II, I will forever associate that song with Donkey Shows.

oh man, i totally forgot about that

Harry Beanbag
6/26/2007, 06:48 AM
Is part of the idea of being in Iraq is so we can fight them there rather than here? If they are coming to us in Iraq, all the better.

Well, I don't think Iran is going to invade the U.S. ;)

Harry Beanbag
6/26/2007, 07:05 AM
A Deadly U.S.-Iran Firefight

The soldiers who were there still talk about the September 7 firefight on the Iran-Iraq border in whispers. At Forward Operating Base Warhorse, the main U.S. military outpost in Iraq's eastern Diyala Province bordering Iran, U.S. troops recount events reluctantly, offering details only on condition that they remain nameless. Everyone seems to sense the possible consequences of revealing that a clash between U.S. and Iranian forces had turned deadly. And although the Pentagon has acknowledged that a firefight took place, it says it cannot say anything more. "For that level of detail, you're going to have to ask the [U.S.] military in Baghdad," says Army Lieut. Col. Mark Ballesteros. "We don't know anything about it."

A short Army press release issued on the day of the skirmish offered the following information: U.S. soldiers from the 5th Squadron 73rd Cavalry 82nd Airborne were accompanying Iraqi forces on a routine joint patrol along the border with Iran, about 75 miles east of Baghdad, when they spotted two Iranian soldiers retreating from Iraqi territory back into Iran. A moment later, U.S. and Iraqi forces came upon a third Iranian soldier on the Iraqi side of the border, who stood his ground. As U.S. and Iraqi soldiers approached the Iranian officer and began speaking with him, a platoon of Iranian soldiers appeared and moved to surround the coalition patrol, taking up positions on high ground. At that point, according to the Army's statement, the Iranian captain told the U.S. and Iraqi soldiers that if they tried to leave they would be fired on. Fearing abduction by the Iranians, U.S. troops moved to go anyway, and fighting broke out. Army officials say the Iranian troops fired first with small arms and rocket-propelled grenades, and that U.S. troops fell further back into Iraqi territory, while four Iraqi army soldiers, one interpreter and one Iraqi border guard remained in the hands of the Iranians.

The official release says there were no casualties among the Americans, and makes no mention of any on the Iranian side. U.S. soldiers present at the firefight, however, tell TIME that American forces killed at least one Iranian soldier who had been aiming a rocket-propelled grenade at their convoy of Humvees.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1605487,00.html

Vaevictis
6/26/2007, 07:08 AM
See, there's a slightly more reputable source ;)

stoopified
6/26/2007, 07:11 AM
Heh, has any reputable newspaper confirmed this report?
I read it 0n the STAR and ENQUIRER as wellalong with the story of the two-headed monkey-boy.

OUDoc
6/26/2007, 08:23 AM
Captured for questioning:

http://www.danielamos.com/stunt/batboy.gif

mdklatt
6/26/2007, 09:22 AM
A Deadly U.S.-Iran Firefight

The soldiers who were there still talk about the September 7 firefight on the Iran-Iraq border in whispers.

Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces have been spotted by British troops crossing the border into southern Iraq, The Sun tabloid reported on Tuesday.

Not the same story.

mdklatt
6/26/2007, 09:23 AM
I always believe British tabloids.

If you can't trust a Rupert Murdoch news outfit, who can you trust?

picasso
6/26/2007, 09:25 AM
Md, call me crazy but I think he was referencing the fact that it's been going on for a while and it has been reported, on a small level.

mdklatt
6/26/2007, 09:30 AM
Md, call me crazy but I think he was referencing the fact that it's been going on for a while and it has been reported, on a small level.

An unidentified intelligence source told the tabloid: "It is an extremely alarming development and raises the stakes considerably. In effect, it means we are in a full on war with Iran -- but nobody has officially declared it."

If it's being going on for awhile, I'd hardly call it an "extremely alarming development". A story of an apparently isolated incident last year doesn't really equate with being "in a full on war with Iran". The Sun is very likely full of crap. But at least they show pictures of boobies.

usmc-sooner
6/26/2007, 09:30 AM

we knew about it back in 03-04 when I was there. Their is also Syrians fighting us over there as well.

Okieflyer
6/26/2007, 09:34 AM
Iran probably is probing the border regions, trying to gauge reactions and making plans for the inevitable invasion of Iraq. Doesn't mean it's necessarily going to happen right away, they're just getting ready for us to leave.

I agree with you JohnnyMack. It's gonna happen.

picasso
6/26/2007, 09:51 AM
If it's being going on for awhile, I'd hardly call it an "extremely alarming development". A story of an apparently isolated incident last year doesn't really equate with being "in a full on war with Iran". The Sun is very likely full of crap. But at least they show pictures of boobies.
yeah, I'm just saying we've been finding weapons and killing folks with ties to the spongy bearded Iranians for some time now.

I don't want any more war but I would like to see someone kick Johnny Number 5 in the nuts.

Harry Beanbag
6/26/2007, 05:19 PM

Exactly correct, although that doesn't mean you're not crazy. The Iranians have been running operations and training "insurgents" in Iraq for years now regardless of what the Bush hating ostriches believe.

Harry Beanbag
6/26/2007, 05:23 PM
Not the same story.

No ****. Your reading comprehension abilities are peerless; however, your analytical skills may need some work.

Scott D
6/26/2007, 05:23 PM
Exactly correct, although that doesn't mean you're not crazy. The Iranians have been running operations and training "insurgents" in Iraq for years now regardless of what the Bush hating ostriches believe.

You mean Iran isn't harboring any desire for revenge for that war they had with Iraq in the 80s? ;)

Harry Beanbag
6/26/2007, 05:36 PM
Here are a couple more articles...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/25/AR2007012502199.html

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.main/index.html

olevetonahill
6/26/2007, 05:39 PM
Do what we did to the gooks . Kill em all let God sort it out
Did I just say that ? :eek:

picasso
6/26/2007, 06:02 PM
crazy like a fox.

Harry Beanbag
6/26/2007, 06:30 PM
crazy like a fox.

http://timstvshowcase.com/crazylikeafox0.jpg