PDA

View Full Version : TNT's NASCAR coverage is the suck!

achiro
6/25/2007, 11:58 AM
While I am in no way a hard core NASCAR fan, I did sit and watch the race yesterday. The coverage was terrible. Several times you would only get a quick glimpse of a car as they switched camera angles. When the race ended they never, not once showed the "unnoficial race placements"
A few guys were at the front pretty much the whole race and had to stop for fuel which put them back in the pack. Why no interviews with them to find out the thoughts on why they used that pit strategy? Then there was a huge F-bomb from Kyle Petty...ON A REPLAY!!!! How the heck does that happen?:rolleyes:

Anyway, they advertised some new type of coverage in the next couple of weeks, hopefully they will fix some of the crap they are showing now.

OUHOMER
6/25/2007, 05:17 PM
I agree, it did suck. But keep in mind a road course is hard to cover because they get so damn spread out. But yea, i was waiting for the results, and all i got was commercials. over all I give it a 4 on a scale of 10

Harry Beanbag
6/25/2007, 05:21 PM
There were way too many commercials. There was also basically no attention paid to anybody outside of the top three spots, Jeff Gordon, or Tony Stewart.

JohnnyMack
6/25/2007, 05:24 PM
I hate road courses.

OUHOMER
6/25/2007, 05:30 PM
I dont mind road courses, but i think 2 a year is enough. There just so limited on passing areas. if there were more room it would more interesting.

OUHOMER
6/25/2007, 05:31 PM
also it seems that pit strategy is where you win the thing instead of driving

Harry Beanbag
6/25/2007, 05:37 PM
also it seems that pit strategy is where you win the thing instead of driving

Yep. I like the road courses, but they should be longer so pitting isn't the overriding factor in determining the winner.

I was really hoping Kurt Busch would have gotten close to Montoya at the end, Juan Pablo would have been eating some concrete.

bluedogok
6/25/2007, 09:03 PM
I prefer the road courses, but without the Nascar behemoths on it. I do think that Sears Point is a bit small for those cars but they do pretty well on The Glen.

SoonerAcesUp
6/25/2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah they kept advertising the new coverage for the race at Daytona. It's supposed to have less commercials but they sure can't do worse on the commercials than they did yesterday. It seemed like there was a commercial every 2 minutes. I thought the coverage overall was awful. The audio from the commentators seemed to cut in and out. I could barely understand what they were saying half of the time over the cars and the poor sound. I hope they fix everything soon. I prefer watching the races much more on Fox. Darrell Waltrip may be a crazy guy but he does a pretty good job analyzing the race.

BudSooner
6/25/2007, 10:02 PM
They need to add one to the chase, but instead of say repeating Sonoma during the "playoff" add Road Atlanta.
Plenty of room to pass, great pit stalls and fast as hell to boot.

GrapevineSooner
6/26/2007, 09:30 AM
I think the same crews that did the races on NBC last year are doing the races on TNT this year. Hence, all the commercial breaks.

I remember flipping back and forth between the final race at Homestead last year on NBC and the Cowboys game against Indy on CBS. Seems everytime the Cowboy game would go to commercial, I'd flip over to the race and they'd be going into commercial as well. :rolleyes:

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it, again.

If they would just get rid of Bill Weber...

Osce0la
6/26/2007, 10:53 AM
They need to add one to the chase, but instead of say repeating Sonoma during the "playoff" add Road Atlanta.
Plenty of room to pass, great pit stalls and fast as hell to boot.
I miss going out to Road Atlanta. My mom dated a guy that drove in the SCCA and we would go out there with him a few times a year, hang out with them while they were working on the cars, watch the numerous races they would run over the course of the weekend. This was back before they made all of the upgrades to the place. Pit road was still on the spectator side of the front stretch, not on the inside of the front stretch. There was no shorter track (where it cuts through the infield right after the S turns). We'd watch part of the race from turn 1, drive up to turn 11 (the bleachers at the top of the hill) and watch for a while, then go to the infield and watch them come down through the S turns. We stopped going about the time they started making all of the changes, then I saw it on TV a few years ago and couldn't believe how different it was.

PrideTrombone
6/26/2007, 02:34 PM
You can't blame TNT too much. I'm sure it confuses the hell out of everyone when all those guys actually have to turn right in addition to left.