PDA

View Full Version : The Inlaws' Family Reunion

Mongo
6/25/2007, 09:29 AM
The hillbillyness came out of the starting gate fast and strong. Misspelled signs were placed around the state park where this hoedown was taking place. The signs displaying directions to the "runion" were an innocent mistake that many people have made(bunch of morans), so I decided not to judge them.

Next tidbit of info was a little scary. Me and the BIL were driving to go get more supplies when the following conversation took place:

Me: Jackie looks just like your mom, you can really tell they are related.

BIL: man, Jackie is hot too.

Me: yeah, she is cute...........Wait, what did you just say?..............

BIL: she is kinda hot for an older woman.

Me: you know she is your cousin.....

BIL: yeah, I know

Me::confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :O :( :eek:

But to cap it all off, two family members were unable to attend cause they are embarrassed. They think that the rest of the family would be harsh and judge them for their love for one another. This couple are cousins that married then ran off to Arkansas to live out the rest of their lives in forbidden love.

8 felons were present, I smelled someone burning a doob, and there was a banjo present-DEAD SERIOUS

Soonrboy
6/25/2007, 09:31 AM
I didn't realize we were related.

Petro-Sooner
6/25/2007, 09:31 AM
AWESOME!!!

TopDaugIn2000
6/25/2007, 09:32 AM
sounds like you married into pure royalty.

sooner n houston
6/25/2007, 09:42 AM
What, no CONFIRMED crazy aunt/uncles???? Must not be true hilbillies! :D

TopDaugIn2000
6/25/2007, 09:44 AM
I went to one on my grandpa's side of the family in Hugo one time. WOAH. My grandpa is this little clean cut, staunch Baptist Deacon and THESE PEOPLE were drunken hillbillies. That was his first and last family reunion attendance.

Sooner Mommy
6/25/2007, 09:46 AM
My husband's family has an annual reunion at a state park. In far SW Oklahoma. In August :hot:

A couple of years ago, I was looking through the scrapbook of the reunion over the years. I noticed in the newspaper clippings that my husband's aunt's husband had attended the reunion for a number of years before they married. I told someone how nice it was that he had come to the reunion with her for so many years before they were even married.

"Why wouldn't he come?" the relative asked. "He's a cousin."

I alternately laughed my head off and threw up a little bit in my mouth. Bleh.

C&CDean
6/25/2007, 10:11 AM
Oklahoma hillbillies ain't got nothin' on Kansas hillbillies.

My mom is from Colby, KS. A few years back the Wade family decided to have a reunion. So, my brother and I were elk hunting in Colorado, and decided to fly his plane over to Colby rather than drive; so we could do a quicky reunion appearance and get back on the mountain.

Anyhow, my mom had 10 brothers and sisters, and our family (4 kids) was the smallest family amongst the 11. As we approach Colby, we find out on the radio that the airport is closed. We do a couple low flyovers, and see my folks and a few cousins standing there waving at us. So, we decide to land on the grass between the runway and the taxi way. No problems.

We get out and there's one of the cousins I've never met - maybe 3 teeth in his whole head - wearing overalls with a white shirt and tie - going "damnation boys, why'd ya' land in the dang field and not on the ceeement?" The "ceeement" had big white X's all lit up, and a bunch of tractors and earth moving equipment parked on it, and was all tore up. So, we just said "the grass looked smoother."

We get to the reunion at a hotel in Colby, and my mom goes "you boys have got cousins you've never met. I'm happy you're finally going to meet some of your kin." We walked in, and I swear I've never seen/heard/smelled so much white trash in one place in my life. Some of the cousins were wearing old brown suits (the whole family was Pentecostal/Holiness growing up) that reeked of mothballs. I didn't see one ironed or pressed shirt - in fact several of the men looked like they'd been sleeping in their white shirts, and the ones wearing ties looked like circus clowns. The ties all ended about halfway to their belts. I've never seen so many homely women in one spot either. And they were all bitching about the hotel not letting them bring their own skillets and crockpots in to do the cooking.

As we're going around getting introduced, the one cousin from the airport is telling everybody "them'r the ones who done flown in on one of them airplanes." The cousins were all wide-eyed going "what's it like to fly in one of them there airplanes?" There may have been 10 people in the room who had ever been outside of Kansas, let alone get on a plane. When they put out the fried chicken and tater salad you'd have thought a hog feed was on. I over heard one of my female cousins saying "go outside and get a couple them Walmart bags Homer, we can fill them up with this chicken."

Finally, we tried to get out of there and we were surrounded by people thinking we were some exotic foreigners who flew in on a spaceship. They all decided to drive out to the airport to watch us fly away. A local cropduster had just taken off from the taxi way, so we decided to do the same. We take off, and my brother circles back and does a high speed pass wagging the wings as we went, and I'm looking down into a couple hundred faces with maybe 150 teeth between them, many of the women wearing bonnets and the men puffing on pipes all smiling and waving. It was almost surreal.

Mongo
6/25/2007, 10:15 AM

So, my brother and I were elk hunting in Colorado, and decided to fly his plane

true hillbillies dont own personal aircraft, they just try and shoot them down with small arms fire

poser:D

OKLA21FAN
6/25/2007, 10:30 AM
this thread needs pics or it will be deemed worthless.

bluedogok
6/25/2007, 11:30 AM
My husband's family has an annual reunion at a state park. In far SW Oklahoma. In August :hot:
My dad's side has a reunion at Quartz Mountain around the same time, I have yet to make one.

We had my wife's (fathers side) at a park in Midland on Memorial Day weekend, it was interesting.

Sooner Mommy
6/25/2007, 02:03 PM
My dad's side has a reunion at Quartz Mountain around the same time, I have yet to make one.

We had my wife's (fathers side) at a park in Midland on Memorial Day weekend, it was interesting.

Are you a Miller? :D

Sooner24
6/25/2007, 02:28 PM

My mom is from Colby, KS. A few years back the Wade family decided to have a reunion. So, my brother and I were elk hunting in Colorado, and decided to fly his plane over to Colby rather than drive; so we could do a quicky reunion appearance and get back on the mountain.

Anyhow, my mom had 10 brothers and sisters, and our family (4 kids) was the smallest family amongst the 11. As we approach Colby, we find out on the radio that the airport is closed. We do a couple low flyovers, and see my folks and a few cousins standing there waving at us. So, we decide to land on the grass between the runway and the taxi way. No problems.

We get out and there's one of the cousins I've never met - maybe 3 teeth in his whole head - wearing overalls with a white shirt and tie - going "damnation boys, why'd ya' land in the dang field and not on the ceeement?" The "ceeement" had big white X's all lit up, and a bunch of tractors and earth moving equipment parked on it, and was all tore up. So, we just said "the grass looked smoother."

We get to the reunion at a hotel in Colby, and my mom goes "you boys have got cousins you've never met. I'm happy you're finally going to meet some of your kin." We walked in, and I swear I've never seen/heard/smelled so much white trash in one place in my life. Some of the cousins were wearing old brown suits (the whole family was Pentecostal/Holiness growing up) that reeked of mothballs. I didn't see one ironed or pressed shirt - in fact several of the men looked like they'd been sleeping in their white shirts, and the ones wearing ties looked like circus clowns. The ties all ended about halfway to their belts. I've never seen so many homely women in one spot either. And they were all bitching about the hotel not letting them bring their own skillets and crockpots in to do the cooking.

As we're going around getting introduced, the one cousin from the airport is telling everybody "them'r the ones who done flown in on one of them airplanes." The cousins were all wide-eyed going "what's it like to fly in one of them there airplanes?" There may have been 10 people in the room who had ever been outside of Kansas, let alone get on a plane. When they put out the fried chicken and tater salad you'd have thought a hog feed was on. I over heard one of my female cousins saying "go outside and get a couple them Walmart bags Homer, we can fill them up with this chicken."

Finally, we tried to get out of there and we were surrounded by people thinking we were some exotic foreigners who flew in on a spaceship. They all decided to drive out to the airport to watch us fly away. A local cropduster had just taken off from the taxi way, so we decided to do the same. We take off, and my brother circles back and does a high speed pass wagging the wings as we went, and I'm looking down into a couple hundred faces with maybe 150 teeth between them, many of the women wearing bonnets and the men puffing on pipes all smiling and waving. It was almost surreal.

This is a SO "Instant Classic" :D

SoonerStormchaser
6/25/2007, 03:08 PM
I'm Sicilian...need some family cleansing?

mdklatt
6/25/2007, 06:02 PM
The hillbillyness came out of the starting gate fast and strong. Misspelled signs were placed around the state park where this hoedown was taking place. The signs displaying directions to the "runion" were an innocent mistake that many people have made(bunch of morans), so I decided not to judge them.

This wasn't at Thunderbird State Park on Saturday, was it?

mdklatt
6/25/2007, 06:10 PM
Maybe I've been living in this state for too long, but I think it's acceptable to acknowledge the hawtness of a cousin as long as you don't intend on acting on it. Unlike say, a sibling, you can objectively judge the attractiveness of a cousin.

Jerk
6/25/2007, 06:21 PM
true hillbillies dont own personal aircraft, they just try and shoot them down with small arms fire

poser:D

You don't have to lead them Cessna's fer much, but ya got to aim a mile ahead of them Lear Jets.

bluedogok
6/25/2007, 08:52 PM
Are you a Miller? :D
Nope.....

tulsaoilerfan
6/25/2007, 09:06 PM
That's some pretty funny chit right there

Mongo
6/26/2007, 09:58 AM
This wasn't at Thunderbird State Park on Saturday, was it?

no, this was at Lake Murray, got lucky in those regards.

Maybe I've been living in this state for too long, but I think it's acceptable to acknowledge the hawtness of a cousin as long as you don't intend on acting on it. Unlike say, a sibling, you can objectively judge the attractiveness of a cousin.

yes it is OK to recognize that someone is good looking, but he said hot, as in "haaaawwwwwttttt". And the fact that i said she looks like his mother compounds the complex situation.

Just as long as I dont see any open forms of family "loving", I will be OK, besides, it makes for a quite entertaining time:D

mdklatt
6/26/2007, 10:04 AM
no, this was at Lake Murray

That must have been a different bunch of sign-misspelling, banjo-playing, weed-smoking hillbillies, then. :D

picasso
6/26/2007, 10:06 AM

oh man yer killin me Deaner!!!!!!:D :D

NormanPride
6/26/2007, 10:09 AM
That could easily be a new email chain.

Mongo
6/26/2007, 10:11 AM
That must have been a different bunch of sign-misspelling, banjo-playing, weed-smoking hillbillies, then. :D

Does Dirtybird have groups of people that dont do all of the above?

Except Boarder, he practices his dead body slalom on his wake board out there:D

picasso
6/26/2007, 10:14 AM
last big one I attended with unknown family was at Lake Travis in Austin. Cousin had a nice pad on the point. gated place, sweet.
all the cousins were nice a proper and then the one sure Texas redneck shows up, complete in swim trunks and hankerin to get in the boat.

:D

Mjcpr
6/26/2007, 10:57 PM
I'm sad that I was out of town when this bastard thread was conceived.

OMG.

Mongo
6/26/2007, 10:59 PM
I'm sad that I was out of town when this bastard thread was conceived.

OMG.

Why, you think your cousin is hot?:D

OCUDad
6/26/2007, 11:09 PM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6482/image013kj3.jpg

Mongo
6/26/2007, 11:12 PM
whats funny about it is my FIL is a dentist and he has replaced an assload of teeth for his relatives. I have never seen so many people gathered together with horseteeth.

goingoneight
6/26/2007, 11:15 PM
I have just determined I have no life worth mentioning on Tuesday nights. :(