PDA

View Full Version : Tress Way...

goingoneight
6/25/2007, 12:21 AM
Hey... everyone deserves a thread, right? :O

Next Jeff/Blake Ferguson? :D

SOONER STEAKER
6/25/2007, 12:27 PM
Seems like we have 2 punters and the kicker from Heritage Hall on scholly next season. Are the 2 punters we currently have about to graduate? Also, is the Heritage Hall kid not a punter?

Jalal23V
6/25/2007, 12:56 PM
Hartley will be a senior and so will both punters. Jimmy Stevens is a kicker, actually set some record for kickers in oklahoma. He will redshirt this year probably and then start when Hartley leaves after this year. Tress Way will most likely come in and directly play or compete with maybe a walk-on punter. I think it was Cohen, one of our current punters who gained a scholly after walking on.

As long as this guy has a consistent big boot, he'll work for us considering the importance of field position.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/25/2007, 02:42 PM
Some texas miscreant ranked #2 kicker/punter will sign with orange aggy. I would have to think all the top 10-15 kids in the country could kick the ball pretty well.

goingoneight
6/25/2007, 11:24 PM
I don't know... he may push Hartley for the starting yob. :D I mean, damn... that guy's good.

I wonder how long a thread about redshirting a kicker will go? :pop:

insuranceman_22
6/26/2007, 01:07 AM
Don't know how long the thread will go, but if he pushes Hartley....well I really can't add anything to that, I do have my boots on though.....

SOONER STEAKER
6/26/2007, 09:48 AM
You don't redshirt kickers. If Hartley isn't having a good gaeme, insert Way. Kickers are like pitchers, some times they throw strikes, sometimes they don't. When they don't, you insert another pitcher. Kickers can play such a huge roll in the outcome of a game. If Hartley struggles, Way will play.

bprao5
6/26/2007, 10:36 AM
Way is being brought in as a PUNTER. thats what he is being recruited as. The kid from heritage hall (Stevens) is the kicker of the future. To comment on a previous post, one of the punters is a senior (Cohen) this year and the other is only a junior (Knall), Way will challenge for the punting position his freshman year or they could share it and do what they do now, one works the long punts and the other works the shorter kicks. There is an article on OUinsider.com about WWay and why he chose OU, feel free to check it out. Its on the home page. As a 2002 Alum from Union, its good to see those kids play for OU. Its weird how there aren't many Union or Jenks kids on OU or OSU, considering how dominant they are in football.

Rhino
6/26/2007, 10:59 AM
What bprao5 said.

He's being recruited as a punter and kickoff guy. His FG results last year were less than spectacular, but 75% of his kickoffs were touchbacks. Kid's got a strong leg.

insuranceman_22
6/26/2007, 05:16 PM
Exactly!

possumfat
6/26/2007, 05:43 PM
Guess I missed it, did Tress Way from Union get recruited by OU and commit ?

Sooner74
6/26/2007, 11:39 PM
I just love the fact his name is Tress Way. What a catchy name. Imagine listening on the T.V. and hearing "In recent news a certain Tress Way ran into a Mr. Loadholt while punting a baby!"

KingDavid
6/27/2007, 02:27 AM
Analyst on rivals said this kid has a pro-caliber kick-off leg. If he can eliminate long returns and keep our special teamers free from injury with a bunch of routine touch-backs, that's worth a scholly all by itself, even if he never so much as punts a single ball or kicks an single extra point.

possumfat
6/27/2007, 08:19 AM
That confirms it, its the Tress Way we know very well. My son played soccer with his younger brother during grade school and junior high. Tress played as well and had a monster left foot for kicking the ball at a young age.

We all traveled together going to soccer tournaments, his leg is very strong.

MojoRisen
6/27/2007, 11:17 AM
Analyst on rivals said this kid has a pro-caliber kick-off leg. If he can eliminate long returns and keep our special teamers free from injury with a bunch of routine touch-backs, that's worth a scholly all by itself, even if he never so much as punts a single ball or kicks an single extra point.

Good Point - Especially how we play future stars on Special Teams...

snp
7/7/2007, 09:34 PM
You don't redshirt kickers. If Hartley isn't having a good gaeme, insert Way. Kickers are like pitchers, some times they throw strikes, sometimes they don't. When they don't, you insert another pitcher. Kickers can play such a huge roll in the outcome of a game. If Hartley struggles, Way will play.

This whole post is wrong.

1) You don't yank your Lou Graza finalist even if he falters a couple times for a untested freshman. Hartley is the man and unless he pulls a Dicarlo and forgets how to kick, you stick with him.

2) Hartley will be graduated by the time Way is on campus.

3) As a former kicker and pitcher, they are definitely not that similar.

Rhino
7/7/2007, 09:58 PM
Hartley is the man and unless he pulls a Dicarlo and forgets how to kick, you stick with him. And lets hope we don't put a wide receiver in to hold for him.

Holding > Trick play ability

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/251/lacesouttx4.jpg